Search results

1. D

2017 Brake/Rotor replacement at 105k miles - recommendations? Rockauto?

That would be disappointing as I have it serviced at the dealer (business expense) and I would expect them to keep them lubricated. I won’t have the dealer replace the brakes because I can’t justify the markup even if it is a business expense.
  2. D

I haven’t done anything. These are the original brakes from new. I’m ok with replacing everything considering I got 105k miles out of it all.
  3. D

I ended up buying the powerstop kit for front and back (rotors/pads). At 105k I feel some pulsating in the pedal even though the wife can’t tell so I am replacing rotors. These rotors are coated which should help with the road salt. Everything should be installed this weekend.
  4. D

Anti-glare coating coming off infotainment screen

I did some bartering with a buddy and he detailed our cx5.....and rubbed off some of the anti glare coating on accident. We removed the rest and bought an anti glare screen protector on Amazon. Looks new again.
  5. D

Thanks everyone! I’ll definitely use rock auto. I think I’ll choose a powerstop package with different pads vs the element3. I want to stick with ceramic pads (I read that oem are ceramic).
  6. D

The time has come to replace the brake pads. I'm going to replace the front and rear pads/rotors as I'm at 105k on the original brakes (we drive 30k/year). Usually I use Advance Auto parts for brake supplies but thought I would check out the forums. I quick search had some people recommending...
  7. D

Extended warranty: yay or nay?

I usually don't buy warranties but I did on the last two vehicle purchases. 2005 Honda Odyssey: I spent $1250 on a warranty. I ended up having 2 axles, a starter and one other thing (can't remember) replaced under warranty. I saved around $500-$600. Of course, had I not had the warranty then I...
  8. D

What did you pay for your CX-5?

I hope to buy tomorrow. I haven't decided on GT with or without the premium. It will be red. The dealer has given me two prices: msrp and "invoice". On the Premium I can get it for $1000 off MSRP ($32815 to $31815). The non premium is $750 off MSRP. Doesn't seem like much compared to you...
  9. D

Why are 2017 Cx-5 selling so close to msrp?

7 hours? That is crazy but glad you're happy. The other place does have one we could do. I was just trying to buy from my guy....he has put in work and time in helping us process things and come to the conclusion to go with the cx-5. He mentioned us driving a few at the other place and then he...
  10. D

Well, the dealer sold the only 2017 model they have in stock so no test drive. I could go across town where there is over 30 2017 cx-5 but it's 45 minutes away and I really wanted to buy close to the house. I'm waiting to here when the next shipment comes in before I go somewhere else.
  11. D

I'm not purchasing a 3rd party warranty. They throw it in as a perk to buying new from them. I would not buy a third party warranty on a new car...too many variables. I will get warranty fine print papers tonight when I stop in.
  12. D

We are looking at a 2017 GT in machine gray. No tech package. Lifetime warranty (3rd party after manufacturer's warranty). It's listed on the website for $30,100. MSRP is $30,600. Invoice is mid $29k. I do find it a little humorous that we pinch pennies and try to get an extra $1000 off. I...
  13. D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to screw anyone. Your point is true, though. That is, society has created a auto buying culture that is an "us vs them" mentality. See words like "stealership". I'm looking for a partner. My vehicle will be serviced by the dealer. I have never bought new and...
  14. D

This I can understand. Having said that, though, it still annoys me when my sales guy brings up the "invoice price" like it's the floor and his hands are tied. I'd rather him just say "I'm not taking less than my asking price...someone else is willing to pay what I'm asking."
  15. D

Dear Mazda, I'm back!!

That does sound unique. Any pics? I guess you'll have to make up for getting rid of it buy building something with your son/grandson.
  16. D

I'll be going to the dealer today for an overnight test drive with plans on sealing the deal tomorrow. I've spoken with him about a lower price and asked about memorial day sales and such. He always mentions "invoice price" and tells me that he can sell it for "close to invoice". This price is...
  17. D

Dear Mazda, I'm back!!

2 years. 2003-2004
  18. D

Dear Mazda, I'm back!!

It is big and American but it is a big car and not a big enough engine. 0-60 is around 7.5 seconds. It is rated with a higher horsepower/torque rating than any other factory panther platform car (crown vic, police interceptor, grand marquis, town car) but it couldn't compete with the earlier...
  19. D

Dear Mazda, I'm back!!

Lol. The Marauder is definitely not known for its speed but I have done a few things to it. I had to replace axles so I went ahead and installed 4:10s in the rear and got a tune. Just yesterday I had magnaflows installed (obviously doesn't change hp/tq....just adds a little more sound).
  20. D

Dear Mazda, I'm back!!

I've been out of the Mazda fold for 12 years (protege5 then MPV) but it looks like we will be purchasing a 2017 CX-5 this weekend. Right now I have a 2005 Odyssey (family car) and 2003 Marauder (mine). It will be fun to have something with some modern day frills.
Back