Search results

1. M

WTB Looking for local Protege parts car (Houston)

As title says, looking for a local parts car in Houston. Trying to source a new front end subframe and steering components. Willing to pay, of course! Happy to meet up prior to working on or happy to request items and meet up for sale. Hoping to find a car without engine in, to make it...
  2. M

For Sale MSP shocks and lowering springs

As stated; 2003.5 MSP shock/lowering spring combo. Can't remember specific brand, possibly Eibach. ~2" lower front and 1.5" rear iirc. Sorry picture taken last week and just now got to it :p 100$ PLUS shipping; likely about 30-50$. Reply or PM! Thanks and best regards
  3. M

WTB MSP Protege transmission upgrades

Have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege, 2.0FS and manual gearbox; already has welded LSD Looking for gears individually or possible as a complete trans; please let me know what you have! Also, are there any of the reinforcement plates left floating around anymore or anyone still making them? (...
  4. M

New Haltechs

Hey all, Looking to replace the SS af/tc i currently have on the car and while looking at Haltech, they have updated their models offered since the ones I was familiar with. Which would you recommend to be fully functional for our cars? I'm currently looking at the 750 and 1000 elite series...
  5. M

heavy backfire / afterfire at 3000 rpm

hello hello so I posted about this a few months ago, but I have done a few things since, hopefully I can get a little input from you guys from the beginning: I had just finished my build last december and was running around in my car for 2-3 months with very few problems, mainly tuning.. I...
  6. M

looking for battery holder

Have 2003.5 MSP and im looking for full mounting brackets / shelf for battery in engine bay.. If anyone has please post quick pic and tell me how much you're looking for Thanks, Kyle
  7. M

Battery / ignition problems

Ok so I've been having a FEW problems as of recently.. I had my car parked in my driveway for a few months because I needed a trans.. Just swapped that out on the car and tried getting back on road with some failure.. Firstly, I had apparently tipped over the battery (which is located in the...
  8. M

exhaust manifold flange

I used to have a good source to find pre-cut exhaust manifold / header flanges but I don't anymore.. I can find the turbo flange no problem but if anyone knows where to find the engine block -> exhaust flange that would be awesome!! Thanks in advance!
  9. M

trunk spring bars

So after putting my car back together ive never gotten the trunk back to full function order and I know I'm not getting the rods back in the correct spots.. Can someone please do me a huge favor and open their trunk and take a couple of pictures of the two black bars that go from one trunk...
  10. M

Pulling tranny

So I'm getting ready for my trans swap, about to pull the one in the car this week.. When I had done the complete overhaul ~2 years ago, everything was out of the car and the transmission was an easy job. My question is simple: is it necessary to pull the engine? Shouldn't need to eh? Just...
  11. M

Jumper harness for haltech 1000

Just curious if any of the mazda harness's for haltech 1000 will be compatible with the FSDE? Looks like these 2 are available; rx7 mx5 input? thanks
  12. M

Looking for 2.0L manual trans

For PROTEGE I have all the accessories to swap in to it, just need a working tranny with a good gearset; I have clutch and flywheel and LSD to put in so just need compatible 2.0L manual tranny Let me know if you have / price / mileage, for 2003.5 MSP, will work with non-mazdaspeed, 626 and...
  13. M

transmission compatibility

I know this has been beaten to death but im looking at just pricing / availability to have another tranny on hand and all the protg / p5 transmissions say: "exc. mazdaspeed, transmission mounted speed sensor" Can I just swap my sensor in when replacing the entire trans?? I don't need to find...
  14. M

stalling when take out of gear

almost every time.. i idle fine upon start-up, but when i start driving, I stall when I come to a light, stop sign, take out of gear unless i rev... wtf i just did whole build so let me know what im doing wrong?! i think i need a haltech :(
  15. M

trans 5th and reverse

so I just got my car back on the road after a major build.. my reverse was working alright and 5th was acting a tad funny when I had it in 5th, and as I would take my foot on and off the accelerator, 5th would act like it wanted to jump out I just got to work and now 5th and reverse wont go...
  16. M

haltech

So I've been running my ss af/tc for the first bit with my car but now after going to the extremes with my modifications I need to step up to either the sprint 500 or the sport 1000.. but I'm not 100% on my decision between the two.. What would be the need for going to the 1000 over the 500...
  17. M

how big can my injectors get before going to larger fuel pump?

So I've already gone to 440's and a Warlbro fuel pump.. how big can my injectors get before having to go to next size up fuel pump?? Will the 255lph warlbro supply enough for 600's? I suspect it won't come close to the 850's eh?
  18. M

Exterior Components

So,... Where the F have all the exterior components gone at both ProtegeGarage and SU.. they used to have things like the grill.. lip.. hoods.. fenders.. wtf where are they? anyone got another link to find things like these?? Thanks!
  19. M

haltech

so about to buy my haltech and looking at the 1000 vs the 500, think ive basicly decided on the 1000 but does anybody know exactly what harness is needed when ordering?? is there a mazda-specific harness? does short harness work or long harness required?? any help/input greatly...
  20. M

Split Second Air/Fuel + Timing Controller (ver 2)

Up for sale is SS AF/TC that I am looking to get rid of and step up to Haltec! Unit works great and comes with all original long lead wires, data-logging wires, installation / run CD + the data-cables (unit wire + crossover to USB for ease of use!) I am looking for only a cool 450$US (shipping...
Back