Search results

1. Trip CX90

Level 2 Charging experience (CX-90 PHEV)

Finally got a Level 2 charger installed. Took awhile to find a competent electrician but the one I found did a great job. I got the inspection report shortly after and was able to submit the application for the state incentive.. The application for the North Carolina incentive was...
  2. Trip CX90

CX-90 Regenerative Braking question

I’ve read a number of articles and even posts on this forum, but never saw an answer to something I’ve been thinking about… If you lightly apply pressure to the brake pedal, at what point do the actual brakes activate? Can you lightly apply the brakes and allow the regenerative braking to scrub...
  3. Trip CX90

Anbingo All Weather Floor Mats

No one else other than Mazda seems to have rubber floor mats for the CX90 yet. Not a fan of OEM all weather mats because the lips on them are not tall enough. I came across these Anbingo mats on Amazon and took a chance. Reviews were good but I was still a little skeptical because of the price...
  4. Trip CX90

CX-90 PHEV Premium Plus first impressions…

I picked up a CX90 PHEV premium plus almost 3 weeks ago and have about 550 miles on the odometer. Here are some of my initial observations. I’m not gonna go into too much detail here because I’m sure my initial impressions will change but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Likes…...
  5. Trip CX90

Disable Mazda Radar Cruise in CX-90?

Is there a way to disable radar cruise control from the steering wheel, so “normal” cruise control is activated? The manual describes how to use radar cruise. There’s a separate section on how to use cruise control. But unlike my CX9, the manual doesn’t state how to switch between the two...
  6. Trip CX90

220V versus 240V Outlet (CX-90 PHEV)

All the documentation for the CX90 PHEV says level two charging is available at home if you have a 240V outlet. We have a 220V outlet in the garage. According to a few articles that I Google’d, ”appliances” that are rated for 220V will do OK on a 240V line and vice versa… All the article said...
  7. Trip CX90

Mazda CX-90 Turbo Premium Plus vs Honda Pilot Elite

What do you think? Mazda CX-90 Turbo Premium Plus vs Honda Pilot Elite… i’ve been anxiously awaiting the Mazda, especially the high output turbo version but feature packaging and color combinations have me looking at the base turbo engine. At that price point, ~ $54K USD, the new Pilot Elite...
  8. Trip CX90

Seat Memory Changes (2021 CX-9 GT)

2021 CX-9 GT with power seats and 2 position driver memory. Every time I unlock and start the car, the driver’s seat height inches up a bit. It’s only the height adjustment. By the 3rd or 4th time, the height is high enough that’s it’s annoying and I have to lower the seat. If I tap the...
  9. Trip CX90

Swapping a US Mazda6 CMU with one from another country?

My brother’s 2016 6 GT-Reserve is having issues with the infotainment system. It keeps rebooting endlessly. We tried removing the ribbon that controls the capacitive touch to disable it to eliminate the “ghost touch” issue but it didn’t work. It needs a new CMU that controls the...
  10. Trip CX90

Lane Keep Assist Not Detecting Lines Consistently

Hey, All. Question…. How good is your Lane Keep Assist at detecting lines on the road? Mine (2021 CX-9 GT) is mediocre at best. My 2018 6 was much better. See the below pic. Notice in the HUD there are no lines indicating the system is not “seeing” the lines on the road. Would your car do...
  11. Trip CX90

Tire Replacement: Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3

Wanted to share some feedback about the recent tire replacement. Agree with others that the Bridgestone Ecopia‘s are thoroughly mediocre. With barely 20,000 miles on our 2021 CX-9, they’ve gotten noisy and have been very prone to hydroplaning in the rain. My go to tire has always been the...
  12. Trip CX90

For the love of bleep…

Mildly annoying issue that I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced. It’s a random beep that mutes music on the driver’s side. I’m not sure if this is my iPhone but it started after I upgraded to iOS 15. Maybe it’s a coincidence, maybe not. But when the phone has not been connected to...
  13. Trip CX90

Here a beep, there a beep…

Noticed this over the weekend. As many times as I’ve heard the parking sensors go off, I never realized that the beeping will come from the front speakers or rear speakers respectively with the front or rear warnings. The hotel we were at had a very tight parking garage. You couldn’t swing...
  14. Trip CX90

Dashboard rattle near center display?

Hi All. Curious if any else is experiencing a rattle/buzzing from around the center display on the dash? Happens over roads with rough textures, not pot hole like bumps, but where the suspension is not rebounding and the road itself has many minor imperfections. I’ve searched and found...
  15. Trip CX90

Autobahn88 Hood Lift Support Install, Uninstall and Review

I purchased the Autobahn88 Hood Lift Support (for 2016-2021 Mazda CX-9 Mark2 Skyactiv-G) through Amazon. They make hood lifts for tons of vehicles. Their hardware mounts without the need for drilling. Installation literally only takes about 15 or 20 minutes. The quality of the hardware itself...
  16. Trip CX90

Mazda6 Discontinued For 2022

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36489445/mazda-6-discontinued/ Damn…This sucks. Hopefully this just means a temporary absence and it will return as a new model. If it does, I’m sure Mazda did this to separate the current FWD model from the up market RWD platform.
  17. Trip CX90

Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless Apple CarPlay

After seeing wireless dongle adapters discussed here and on other forums, I decided to bite the bullet and try one. I went with the Carlinkit 2.0. Here’s their website but i purchased it on Amazon since I already have payment info set up there and Prime free shipping. Inititally, my...
  18. Trip CX90

CX-9 OEM Roof Cross Rails Installed

I posted this in another thread and wanted to separate out into the Accessories Forum too... Installed the OEM cross rails this past weekend. I purchase them through Mazda Swag online. They’ve been great to deal with. Even with shipping they were cheaper than picking up locally. My...
  19. Trip CX90

Where is the rear lift gate motor?

I’m curious where the rear liftgate motor is. I’ve looked around the opening. I’ve even looked at parts diagrams. I can’t seem to find it. Usually, there’s an obvious hump in the rear roof or a little arm that gives it away. Is the motor somehow concealed in one of the tubes for what I’m...
  20. Trip CX90

Decent LED Reverse Lights Swap

This was a lot of bang for the buck. Only $20 at Advance Auto. I’ve seen other reverse lights listed for $40 or more. Super bright, LED replacement bulbs for the back up lights. Improves visibility. Looks much better and more upscale from outside of the car. It literally only took about five...
Back