Search results

1. A

Install Hints 2009 Mazda5 reflective LEDS

Any updated information on how to install LEDs that replace the reflective lenses on the rear for a 2009 (see pic). I've seen some threads, but they're at least 2 years old, and not very descriptive. I've heard it isn't necessary to remove the rear bumper. Left lens mysteriously...
  2. A

Rack and Pinion Bad?

Was informed our 2009 has a bad R&P (I'll try to check it later this week). Is this difficult to replace (tools, complexity), or just time consuming? Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed3 is stronger, and a direct bolt in?
  3. A

Higher Rear Spring Rate?

I have a 2009. Is there a stiffer rear spring than the stock one, that will not lower the car too? We tend to take it on long trips, so I'd like to beef it up a little. Plus, it tends to understeer, so this should help. Thanks.
  4. A

Help: Koni Yellows with Dust Covers?

Developed a clunk noise from the rear after a few miles of driving on the Koni Yellows. Shop that did the work is saying everything seems good, so blaming it on the poor fitment of the OEM dust cover over the Koni body shock. With the amount of noise I think it's extremely unlikely. Anyone...
  5. A

Koni Yellows - What's your settings

I've only seen one post that I recall with people with Koni yellows mentioning there settings. Figure I'd reach out and see if there's now more and find out who set it at what. Right now I have just the rears and they're set to 1.5 turns from full firm. I'm doing the fronts next. The springs...
  6. A

Recommendations for new swaybar endlinks?

Endlinks for Aftermarket Swaybars? If I upgrade to a Cobb swaybars, do I use the stock Mazda5 endlinks or the MazdaSpeed3 endlinks?
  7. A

How can I make the 12volt power always on?

I find the switched power source annoying at times. Anybody know an easy/simple way to make it always hot?
  8. A

Diagnostic Port Location?

I have a new scan gage and I would like to hook it up, but looking under the steering column I couldn't seem to find the connector. Thanks.
  9. A

Need Wind Deflectors for a 2009

Where can I find these? Prefer in-channel, if stickon is availble that would be preferred. Also prefer not buying through eBay.
  10. A

Anyone with stock 17s and larger tires?

Will a 225/50R17 or 235/45R17 fit without rubbing?
  11. A

Anyone go larger on stock rims?

I'm wondering if a 225/50R17 will fit in the stock wells without rubbing. I want to put more tire to the road. Yes I know they will be taller, but it's only about a 3% difference from stock (about 2.5mph diff at 80mph) so I'm not concerned about speedo error. The other option that might be...
  12. A

Just saying hello!

Bought a 2009 and love it. The sliding doors are a huge plus with the kids. Thanks Mazda for bringing this car to the U.S.
Back