Search results

1. A

How to convert from cartridge to canister filter Mazda5

I have a question on this. I have the old black oil cooler with straight fittings (we bought one of the first 2009 models off the ship). There was a design change mid year that uses an upgraded silver oil cooler which also has it's own specific seal. I think they had some leak issues, hence...
  2. A

MazdaSpeed 3 Rear Sway Bar Install

I've also done this, and as Silentnoise713 mentions, the endlinks are different sizes. As I did this a long time ago, I just (today) replaced my endlinks since the original install. For the record, the Moog endlinks for MS3 didn't have the allen feature (was a PITA to get them off). The...
  3. A

Install Hints 2009 Mazda5 reflective LEDS

No, just a photo I found when I was doing research, and it happened to already highlight the reflective lenses that I talking about. Looking at it, the wiring should be easy on the driver side, but might be a little more difficult to run it up on the passenger. Right now, the upgrade is on hold...
  4. A

Thanks. I bought the light kit complete (no instruction). Removing the left won't be a problem since that one already mysteriously disappeared (hence the upgrade plan).
  5. A

Any updated information on how to install LEDs that replace the reflective lenses on the rear for a 2009 (see pic). I've seen some threads, but they're at least 2 years old, and not very descriptive. I've heard it isn't necessary to remove the rear bumper. Left lens mysteriously...
  6. A

Rack and Pinion Bad?

I did ask for a 2nd opinion, they said I could stand to lose a little weight too. (Well you started it). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. A

Rack and Pinion Bad?

Thanks, and holy cr@p! Think this is one job I'm not going to try on my own!
  8. A

Rack and Pinion Bad?

Really, nobody? Shucks. :-(
  9. A

Rack and Pinion Bad?

Was informed our 2009 has a bad R&P (I'll try to check it later this week). Is this difficult to replace (tools, complexity), or just time consuming? Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed3 is stronger, and a direct bolt in?
  10. A

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Hopefully that wasn't your last post, as I'm curious about your wheel and suspension changes that helped your gas mileage.
  11. A

Higher Rear Spring Rate?

Sorry I was off for a while. Replied to your PM. BTW, swaybars can affect how easily the rear flexes, so as I mentioned in the reply, replace them with greasable polyurethane ones. You don't even need to lift it to change them. I also noticed in your original link, you have a bunch of extra...
  12. A

Please help: Driver seat won't go full rearward anymore!

Me too! I wish I could have gotten the 2 hours of my life back that I spent researching on the internet, taking covers off, and trying all sorts of ways to see if something was jammed in there, and maybe what it would take to remove the whole seat. But it could have been a lot worse. The kids...
  13. A

Higher Rear Spring Rate?

Not much to see. Looks bone stock (springs keep it stock height). And sorry, no GoPro. :) But if you're ever in the low country, I can take you for a ride.
  14. A

Higher Rear Spring Rate?

With all the upgrades... wow! I'm loving this combo. Took a corner at would normally have been getting close to the limits, and the car shrugged it off like it was nothing. Mazda should have offered this from the factory.
  15. A

Please help: Driver seat won't go full rearward anymore!

I'll confess. Mind you we've owned this thing for 5 years. She had the seat adjusted to the highest position. Usually she keeps it about 1/2 up. Well I was forced get behind the wheel to move it, so I jacked it down as low as it would go. This moved it a lot more back than I thought it...
  16. A

Higher Rear Spring Rate?

Update. Had the new springs installed. I was gone for a few weeks, so didn't have the chance to push the car to see how it handles, but the ride doesn't seem noticeably harsher.
  17. A

Which rear shocks for the Mazda5

Good to hear. I was just catching up on this thread, and noticed you were going to hold off. I was going to recommend not to, as it could cause other parts to prematurely wear.
  18. A

Higher Rear Spring Rate?

I have the MS3 bars (with polyurethane bushings) installed along with my Koni Yellows. Handling seems neutral. Have the 2012 rear springs and upper mount ordered. Hopefully the additional rate won't be enough to induce oversteer at the limits.
  19. A

Help: Koni Yellows with Dust Covers?

Don't fret. Here's the update: So I contacted their tech line. We had a good 20 minute conversation. The short story is, the rate of compression and rebound you're measuring really has to do with the seal drag, and not the valving. It's not seeing the same inputs as it would with full...
Back