Search results

1. B

boostr's maintenance thread

Started this thread to detail msp life in 2020. Bought car from a Tampa dealer 5/2003. Its been a great car and has only seen the dealer for clunk bushings and the flash. I put 36,000 miles on it in year 1. Bought the car for my long commute at the time. Now it rarely sees more than 5,000 a...
  2. B

Power door lock issue

All of a sudden this afternoon there is a noise when activating the lock or unlock. Those functions still work. Anyone else ever have this happen? Guess its time to pull of a door panel to check out the actuator(s).
  3. B

motor mounts

Problem: The fact that I bought 2 SLS mounts which seemed like a deal at the time. Both of them have failed, most recently the front mount. They or the supplier evidently used some real bad urethane to make the bushings. Solution: Put back on my original front Mazda mount with 64,000 miles...
  4. B

OEM Radiator R&R

My original was leaking, so I ordered a new one from Montgomery Mazda. This may help you if you find yourself in the same situation with your MSP. My car has a CustomMSP SMIC, Injen CAI and TurboHoses hard pipes. Mazda Part No : RF3F-15-200C, comes with new radiator cap and 1 rubber piece...
  5. B

MSP radiator

<TBODY> Part Number RF3F15200C Part Name RADIATOR MSRP $403.63 Core $0.00 Online Price $314.77 </TBODY> Is there still nothing available for the smic stock fan set up out there? Discovered I need a new one and this is what it cost from Mazda. I don't need to know about P5 or FMIC...
  6. B

Water return elbow parts and installation information

Parts: 0000-88-C54 for the silicone elbow 0000-88-C55 for the small clamp 9928-62-200P for the 2 hose clamps For me the hardest part was getting the new one on. So maybe my tips might help whoever stumbles across this post. I drained the coolant as it was time to replace that anyway. But you...
  7. B

MPG test results

Just concluded a one tank test to see what kind of gas mileage I could get by not boosting. Car was filled up with a mix or 93 & 87 octane, 40 psi of air in the tires and shifted at 2800 rpm's or less. All city driving and never went over 60 mph. Just filled it up with 11.767 gallons of 93...
  8. B

Drive Belts FYI

Bought some belts at NAPA. The Alt-WP belt part number 25040347 is too short. Its made by Gates. The PS-AC belt part number 25040347 fits. Took them both back and ordered Bando belts from Amazon. Used the numbers off of the belts that came with car. Got them for $18.95 shipped. Great deal and...
  9. B

rattle diagnosed

Found the source of my passenger side rattle. Bushing is shot only. Nothing is cracked like on other SLS failures. Same thing happened to my kartboy exhaust hangers so I guess my MSP doesn't like aftermarket urethane products. (pissed)
  10. B

F flip faces

Ok now my replacement (Pioneer) headunit has gone out. I won't buy another flip face product again. So I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement that does not have a flip face. Don't need anything high end. I just want to be able to play CDs and whatnot.
  11. B

Revised water return elbow

I'm curious about the revised part in that I've seen threads that say it has a blue stripe. I have not changed mine yet and it has a blue stripe on it. I want to order one but don't want the wrong one. My car has a production date of 09/02 and has never been in for that service. Does the...
  12. B

gas for turbo cars

Any gas station that sells 91 or 93 octane is fine as long as they have newer tanks and change the filters often. Don't fall victim to the marketing hype and pay to much for "additives" to our gas which makes us the best.
  13. B

Hankook?

Anybody running Hankook tires on their MSP? 215/45ZR17 XL Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 I need to replace my current Goodyear Eagle F1's. I like these tires but the others are almost half the price plus their is a $50 rebate.
  14. B

Did some paint work

Painted the bumper cover, headlamps, drivers fender, mirrors, side moldings, side skirts, hatch lid and rear cover. Filled and eliminated the lower openings on the grille. Painted the valve cover, distributor housing, water outlet and exhaust manifold/turbo too. Turned out good all things...
  15. B

cylinder head

Anyone have any experience or know any reason not to buy from this place? <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=50 height=24></TD><TD vAlign=top width=54 height=24></TD><TD vAlign=top width=495 colSpan=3 height=95...
  16. B

replacement air filter element options

Our MAF has a 2.75" diameter so you need a filter also with a 2.75" inlet diameter. Below are 6 options for either your SRI or CAI setup. Injen X-1013 AEM 21-202DK or 21-202D-HK (has hole for IAT) Spectre 889888 Vibrant 1923C K&N RU 4960 Injen, Spectre and K&N are traditional style conicals...
  17. B

p0140

threw that code again. o2 was heavily carbon fouled. cleaned it and stuck it back in. did the same thing about 1 year ago. i suspect its that bad ethanol the ADM has us using in the gas. cornholes!
  18. B

caliper rebuild kit

Somebody has to have obtained an inexpensive caliper rebuild kit. O-ring and a dust cover. If so where did you get it from? *********************************************** http://www.brakewarehouse.com/ Centric parts 143.45019 $7.99 + shipping.
  19. B

Door trim

Mine was pitted and not looking too good overall. I'm talking about the trim strips that are above the handles but below the window rubber scrapers. I was fixing some paint scratches by wet sanding, compounding and polishing today. So I decided to hit the trim strips with Meguair's #82 swirl...
  20. B

heat shield bolts

Had one missing and the remaining 3 looked like s***. Solved both issues by buying some s/s 6mm Allen head bolts and washers. Looks much cleaner now.
Back