Search results

1. I

Just moved to CA and need some parts help!

Yes. Swapped factory intake back on. That passed fine of course, but exhaust failed. Even though it is a "cat-back" it does actually remove a second cat called the warm up cat. I was not aware of that which = fail a second time. Our cars are too new for an aftermarket cat to be available, so I'm...
  2. I

Silver Build

Hey! Thanks for the reply - Is the Injen 50-state legal? When I did some searching yesterday, one site that actually still has some said the Injen was not CARB exempt. Does anyone know if the Injen is CA legal? Thanks!
  3. I

Thank you for the reply. I'm working on an option now. And yeah, I think definitely because I'm an out of state car. I think I just unluckily chose the wrong smog shop to go to. In a stroke of actual luck, I found my stock intake parts, which I was sure I had given away, so hopefully I have...
  4. I

Hi Everyone! So, I have an interesting problem now. I moved to California and my car was rejected by smog because the intake and exhaust are not CA legal. Anyone out there looking to get rid of their factory intake or exhaust for a reasonable price? I would even be willing to do a straight...
  5. I

Silver Build

Hi Everyone! So, I have an interesting problem now. I moved to California and my car was rejected by smog because the intake and exhaust are not CA legal. Anyone out there looking to get rid of their factory intake or exhaust for a reasonable price? I would even be willing to do a straight...
  6. I

Clunk / creek / rattle in front end after lowering.

So glad you guys have experienced this too. Ever since installing the Eibachs I've had a lot of noise / knocks over bumps, and when my car angles over the driveway entry gutter. I have had two different mechanics look at it, and even take it apart and both said their was nothing wrong with how...
  7. I

fog lights with out head lights on?

Update from my end: I moved down to CA earlier this year. Without thinking much about it (since I don't know any other garages around here), after getting an oil change coupon from the local Mazda dealer, I took my car there for an oil change. Later that day I noticed my fogs were no longer on...
  8. I

I've been wondering the same thing. I have seen a few times on eBay in the past, that there were some pairs of new JDM fogs (OEM?) for sale that seemed to be the same as ours, but there was no glare-blocker metal cap like we have. It would be a big improvement if that could be removed.
  9. I

I figured it out. There is a small flap that is held in by two plastic clips way down at the base of the fuse box feed (the one at the back left bottom of the fuse box). If you can pop those two clips (not easy as usual), then you can swing the left back corner of the fuse box surround open...
  10. I

StrangeP3rm, I'm working on this right now. One question, and I hope you check the forum soon: How the hell do I get the fuse panel out of the fusebox plastic case? I've been fighting with it for 30 mins already and I can't get it pulled out as you have it photographed. I unbolted the panel...
  11. I

Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

OMG that looks awesome!!!!
  12. I

No New Mazda2 for the United States

I was planning to get the Mazdaspeed version of the next 2 when it dropped. I've been fighting off buying a FiST for nearly a year, but I may just cave-in soon if Mazda is not offering the next 2 in the US. I agree with many of the other posts, I want a car the size of the 2 or the Fiesta. I...
  13. I

FK springs fitted

Looks fantastic!
  14. I

Mazda 2 is fun in so many ways...

This had me laughing... I'm jealous of you rallyers. Sounds like a blast!
  15. I

AliBabah's Mazda 2 from Germany | Berlin

Great looking 2! Welcome to the forum!
  16. I

Has anyone else done this? I'm about to get to it next week if the temps really get back in to the mid 50s. Strangep3rm, is everything still working well?
  17. I

Great Time to buy a 2014 Mazda2

Yeah, the 2 is expensive to insure. Can't say why. It would cost me $500 less a year to insure a Fiesta ST (it's a very cheap car to insure, no different than a standard Fiesta). I don't have any tickets, infractions or accidents of any kind on my record. Neither my ins company, nor the other 3...
  18. I

Max ET on a Mazda 2 ?

I forgot to mention wheel width and tire size, sorry about that! I have 16x7 Sparco wheels +37 offset. I am running 205/45/16 tires. I have never come even close to rubbing front or rear, even with two kids and three ~150lb adults in the car (and it looked SUPER low). I have 10mm H&R track+...
  19. I

New SkyActiv Mazda2 / Demio Pics from Japan!

I still don't understand Mazda's obsession with putting the smallest rollers possible on every base model car. Those wheels look really bad, and it's a gut-punch to the form of the car. Great looking car otherwise, and that tan/dark charcoal interior looks the hotness. Oh, and unlike the 3, it...
  20. I

Max ET on a Mazda 2 ?

FWIW, I have +37 offset wheels. I run a 10mm Track+ spacer on the back to help the rears look as near-flush as the fronts. For a more perfectly even front to back look, I would recommend 15mm spacers for the rears.
Back