Search results

1. B

Front suspension install question

I made a stupid mistake, i just pulled apart my front suspension to put in new struts and springs when I realized that I was not paying enough attention to remember which way the upper spring seat is situated. Hoping someone else might remember.
  2. B

Bearing Pressing Question

I am totally getting one of those (bearing puller thing-a-mijiggy) it is a pain to have to pay someone else to press out the bearing
  3. B

Oil Pan Replacement

i just did mine a few months ago. It's a fairly straight forward job. If you haven't download the service manual yet i would. It will tell you what you need to do and everything you will need to pick up for the job.
  4. B

So my hood won't open...

if the latch is already not working and you are going to replace it then you might try to cut it with a reciprocating saw.
  5. B

Trasmisson's effed! HELP!

both transmissions are essentially the same and will bolt right up to the engine. the reason people are recommending 03 trannys is they have a stronger forks. 2002.5 tranny also has the upgraded forks as well i believe.
  6. B

Protege5 Alternator Overcharging

you might also want to think about changing where you buy your parts. buy oem parts online or use a parts store that shops use like auto parts international.
  7. B

Protege5 Alternator Overcharging

if your alternator is overcharging then it is most likely defective. although, if the p5 has an external regulators and it is true that you last alternator had the same problem then then there lies your problem. Also I could understand how the 626 alternator would confuse the ECU but why...
  8. B

Max out

no this car does not max out at 90, nor is it limited to 90.
  9. B

Rear wheels wont come off help!?

My wheels have the same problem, no matter how often i pull them off they are always rusted on pretty well. I have found two methods the work, one is to use a mallet with pb blaster and heat the brake caliper with a torch. The other is to use a hydraulic jack and after taking the lug nuts off...
  10. B

Air Bags and Front End Work

Well if you airbags where missing the entire center section of your steering wheel would be missing. Same for the dash unless they put some sort of "insert" to cover up that it was missing. I highly doubt someone has removed them though. You could also look under the dash, if there are a...
  11. B

P5 sunroof problems

just to help me understand the problem when you close the sunroof it will close fully then...does it drop immediately, does it only drop after you release the button?
  12. B

Brake replacement

here is a how to for the front brakes http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43890 and here is a how to for the rear brakes http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113741
  13. B

Car accident...advice on repairs please!

pictures of the damage might help give us a better idea of what could be wrong. but to answer some of you questions, a body kit won't come with the bumper reinforcement. The body kit bumper is just a replacement for the bumper cover. Your engine mount does not have fluid in it but if...
  14. B

Auto Door Lock problems

+1
  15. B

Need some serious HELP!

there is another tool that you can use that works really well and tends not to damage the boots. This is not the exact one, the one i have only has two "jaws" but it works great for getting tie-rods and such, off of the hub edit-before anyone tells me I know this is a gear puller
  16. B

Grinding noise? Axle?

I was talking to my mechanic about wheel bearings and he said that even if your wheel bearing is bad your tire should not "wiggle". If you can wiggle your tire while it is jacked up you have major problems. But spinning the tire and listening for a grinding noise can't hurt
  17. B

Grinding noise? Axle?

While a wheel bear will change sounds while turning, you will always be able to hear it grinding. a grinding sound just while turning is usually a sign of a bad half-shaft
  18. B

what does it look like when a tree falls on a P5?

i have to admit i half expected the entire roof to be caved in, that was not a small limb. sorry to hear about this and i hope everything works out
  19. B

caliper piston question...

here is the how-to http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113741&highlight=rear+pads
  20. B

caliper piston question...

if you are asking will you have to bleed the brakes then no, but you will have to readjust them to the proper tension. there is a good how-to on this
Back