Search results

1. SonicBoy

2021 CX-5 GTR Oil Filter Question

Bumping the question again: What's the difference between A and B?
  2. SonicBoy

Based on part #s from this thread, I think I found the specs on the Crush washer.
  3. 1667309284696.png

1667309284696.png

4. SonicBoy

What's the difference between A and B? I see only B is available. Also, what is the specs on the crush washer if I wanted to source it on Amazon?
  5. 1667306829283.png

1667306829283.png

6. SonicBoy

Anyone take the finish off Factory Wheels?

check out some of the new powder coatings. They have some that's hard to tell not chrome.
  7. SonicBoy

TPMS Sensor part number BDGF-37-140 question

(BHA4-37-140) Metal (BDGF-37-140) rubber Both work. I had a 2017 and now a 2021 where my winters had the metal stems and are working perfectly fine. I believe the changeover happened for 2021 Model year. As you are in Canada with snow, I'd say the rubber stems are better as the mounting nuts...
  8. SonicBoy

Anyone experience this noise coming from the dash? 2021 CX-5 CE. It’s really annoying

Sunglasses in the holder up top by the mirror?
  9. SonicBoy

Show me your CX-5 wheels

Yes, the paint on the wheels have some spots where the paint is very thin where you can see through to the primer. Lug nut area especially on mine.
  10. SonicBoy

2020 CX-5 Soul Red paint issues

Crystal Soul Red is a Tri-coat paint formulation. Read more about it here: https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/soul-red-crystal/ The problem with the color is that it seems to show chips and scratches in the clear coat more than any other color. OP had stated "but what has me puzzled the...
  11. SonicBoy

What shade of touchup paint for the 2019 CX-5 GTR rims?

Signature Wheels are painted in Hyper Silver (3- stage paint - Black base, translucent silver color then clear). I believe the GTR use just the standard Silver paint on most wheels. Dealership does not sell touch up paint for the wheels. Since the area is so small, you'd get away with using...
  12. SonicBoy

2021 CX-5 BSM system vs 2017 version

We too also had a 2017 and now a 2021 and have noticed the tweaks with BSM. As stated above, they seem to have calibrated the unit to be less sensitive in my opinion. Given the false alerts I had in the 2017, I've learnt to never trust BSM and still rely on the over the shoulder checking...
  13. SonicBoy

Red color chipping concerns

There are certain colors that show the stone chips more than others. There really is no difference with the color of the paint and chipping. If you drive on the highway, you're prone to get stone chips more so that if you are just driving around town at lower speeds. Give yourself distance...
  14. SonicBoy

Wheel, Tire Anecdote

No good deed goes un punished I've often tried to point out a low inflated tire and I get an evil scoul.
  15. SonicBoy

Vibration with winter tires on CX-5

While I agree you should go back to the dealership as they initially did the install, perhaps a second opinion from a dedicated Tire shop if all else fails and you're not getting anywhere with the dealership. Tire shops deal with one thing alone while the dealership may not have the specialty...
  16. SonicBoy

Lug Nuts

The Mazda lug nuts on the vehicles have been the same since early 2006 from all of the Mazda vehicles I've owned. If you are going from 2018 OEM to 2019 OEM, I'd use the lugs you currently have. Not clear if the 2019 owner changed from stock. Without pics, not quite sure what the differences...
  17. SonicBoy

2017~2024 Side effects from forgetting to turn engine off

Curious on why the car would be dead(not running) after 4 hours. It doesn't seem like it ran out of gas. If it did run out of gas, the vehicle has systems to power down the interior lights/accessories after a period of time as I've sat in the car with the radio and door open and after 20...
  18. SonicBoy

2017~2024 Water on Passenger A-Pillar when Snowing/Raining

Did you or do you frequently leave the sunroof open while parked? How does the sunroof drain get clogged if the roof is primarily kept closed? The first repair at the dealership did not address the situation. Take it back to ask them to fix and show you the blocked drain if they are claiming...
  19. SonicBoy

TPMS 2014 vs 2020

For the 2021, the Mazda OEM part # is BDGF-37-140. These are the rubber push in style with a different looking valve stem cap which looks much better for winter salt. I have the older style BHA4-37-140 listed above and they work as well so both should work in 2017+ models.
  20. SonicBoy

Rim coating issue

You may not have seen it until now after all that time as the plastic starts to shrink and dislodge from the rim. Easy for pre-prep at the dealership to miss when brand new. Glad it was a simple fix giving you peace of mind.
Back