Search results

1. K

WTB: Protege5 Brake Calipers all 4 wheels

Hey all, I just got my Protege5 back and am trying to diagnose why my brake pedal is going all the way to the floor. I've ruled out the master cylinder and am moving onto the calipers. To avoid spending over 250 dollars on new parts, i was hoping someone could help me out with some working used...
  2. K

Take that Mustang? Hyundai Develops 429-hp, 5.0-Liter Tau V-8

News flash: Hyundais 5.0-liter V-8 makes 429 horsepower. In your face, Mustang! Okay, nobody from Hyundai actually said that about Ford or its iconic pony car. In fact, Hyundais figure isnt even a certainty. Its an unofficial estimate given to me (and the rest of the media assembled in South...
  3. K

U.S. auto build quality beats out imports in J.D. Power survey for first time in 24yr

After 24 years, U.S. automakers have finally trumped import brands in a J.D. Power quality survey in the United States. U.S. manufacturers overall beat out (slightly) the reliability rating of imports in the J.D. Power & Associates' latest quality study with an average of 108 problems per 100...
  4. K

The Numbers are In: Ford is Profitable

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford on Tuesday reported a huge turnaround to a profit in the first quarter, thanks to strong sales of new products around the world. Ford Motor Co (F, Fortune 500)., the iconic auto and truck maker based in Dearborn, Mich., said that net profit totaled $2.1 billion...
  5. K

Hamann BMW Z4

Just the Facts: Hamann modified the car's ECU and added a sport exhaust for 355 hp and 398 lb-ft of torque. Top speed, no longer limited, is now 177 mph. The car also has front and rear spoilers, revised bumpers and a 1.18-inch lowering kit. LAUPHEIM, Germany Hamann, a tuner known for...
  6. K

Ken Block's Gymkhana Three 2011 Ford Fiesta Debuts

Ken Block's Gymkhana Three 2011 Ford Fiesta Debuts Just the Facts: Block's car gets a purpose-built engine capable of 850 hp but restricted to 650 hp. Ford says the Gymkhana Three Fiesta sprints from zero to 60 mph in 2 seconds. The biggest development challenge was creating a car equally...
  7. K

Ford Announces a New "Global" High-Performance Focus

Ford announced today in Geneva that it will build a "global high-performance" version of the new Focus. This won't come as any surprise to Europeans who have been treated to a steady stream of hot Focus ST and hotter RS models over the life of the model. To Americans, who have watched a...
  8. K

Koenigsegg Agera

Just when we thought the Geneva Motor Show couldn't get any more insane with all of these pre-releases, the team at GTSpirit have pounced on the interwebz with these first photos of Koenigsegg's newest creation, the Agera. Still Swedish, still hypercar, the Agera is supposedly an all new model...
  9. K

2011 VW CrossGolf

Volkswagen has announced a third world debut slated for the Geneva Motor Show. The company will introduce a new version of the Volkswagen CrossGolf at next week's automotive showcase. Although the company refers to this as "the second generation CrossGolf," in reality the car represents little...
  10. K

FS: 2 x 512MB SODIMM DDR2 533mhz

For sale is a matched pair of 512MB DDR2 PC4200 (533mhz) laptop memory. I upgraded my mom's toshiba laptop to 4GB and this came out of said laptop. I'm thinking $20 shipped will take care of it :)
  11. K

New Ford Focus Badged as Mercury Tracer Due in 2011

According to a recent report, Mercury could be getting a new lease on life with the addition of a new small car. During a dealers-only meeting, where Ford outlined their future product lineup, company executives confirmed Mercury will get a version of the redesigned Focus. While details are...
  12. K

Audi Celebrates 30th Anniversary of quattro

Audi is celebrating two major milestones this year, just a year after its 100th birthday celebrations. The first is the 30th birthday of quattro, a name that brought Audi's rally rivals to their knees when it first broke cover. Several events are lined up to commemorate and pay tribute to the...
  13. K

Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid

What is it? Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid What's special about it? Porsche has applied its latest hybrid technology to create a spectacular all-wheel-drive racing car, the Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid. Scheduled to debut at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show, this is a derivative of the recently introduced 911...
  14. K

2011 Volkswagen Touareg

What is it? 2011 Volkswagen Touareg What's special about it? The second-generation Touareg will become Volkswagen's first-ever showroom model to offer a gasoline-electric hybrid drivetrain when it is introduced to North America later this year. Unveiled at a gala presentation in Munich...
  15. K

2010 Audi A1, A1 S-line, & S1

What is it? 2010 Audi A1 What's special about it? Audi has revealed the definitive production version of its new A1 in a series of official photographs prior to the car's world premiere at next month's 2010 Geneva Auto Show. Set for European sale in June, the stylish three-door hatchback is...
  16. K

2011 Ford Edge

What is it? 2011 Ford Edge What's special about it? Of Ford's three unveilings at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show, only the 2011 Ford Edge will make much of an impact on the company's bottom line. Not to totally dis the Shelby GT500 and Transit Connect Electric too much, but midsize crossovers are...
  17. K

Spyker Buys Saab for $74 Million in Cash

Dutch sports car maker Spyker Cars has agreed to buy Saab from General Motors for roughly $74 million in cash, according to people familiar with the matter. GM will also receive preferred shares in the new company. Spyker, which makes only a few dozen cars a year, will contribute $74 million in...
  18. K

2011 BMW 5-Series

In the flesh, here's an exclusive early look at the next-generation BMW 5-Series. Slated to go on sale in a few months, BMW's premium-midsize model is redesigned for the 2011 model year. Consumer Guide spied this example around the Chicago area in January. We've also included a few factory...
  19. K

2011 BMW 135i Coupe Gives Up Twin-Turbo for Single Turbo N55 Engine

After months of speculation, BMW has officially confirmed the 2011 135i will be given a variety of performance upgrades. Like the redesigned 535i, the 135i will drop the current 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six for the new twin-scroll turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six (dubbed the N55). While it...
  20. K

The Official Who's Working on Christmas Thread

I will be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Day :) My boss doesn't care that the office is clear, she's just happy that I'd rather work than get paid to sit at home and do nothing Oh and I'm an accountant
Back