Search results

1. ceric

Car Issues After Low Battery From Sitting A While (2016 CX-5)

My guess is that, it still holds enough charges to supply current to drive the starter. However, the voltage is just low enough to cause all sorts of issues mentioned. Modern cars have all sorts of devices that are sensitive to voltage. When a battery gets old... the voltage drops. It should...
  2. ceric

How much discount off MSRP on a 2024 CX-5 Turbo Premium AWD?

wlong01, Replacing your '19 or getting an extra one? Well, depending on where you are located. Your negotiation power depends on how many CX-5s are sitting in their lots. I see a lot of CX5s in the dealership I frequent and bought mine from. MSRP days are long gone. Some dealers are still...
  3. ceric

Need retaining clip for roof rail cover (2016.5 CX-5)

If I were you, I would clean them, and glue them back on. My choice would be Gorilla Super Glue Gel
  4. 1713312751877.png

1713312751877.png

5. ceric

Touchscreen Phantom (2020 CX-5)

My '14 Mazda3 also got the ext warranty from Mazda on the display (random/ghost touch).
  6. ceric

New Member here, about to purchase CX-5

Have a '17 since new. 0 problem other than the GPS SD card went bad. Mixed driving. '17 is much quieter than the '16, heavier due to more isolation material used, and slower if you care about it.
  7. ceric

Tire suggestions for my 2016 CX-5?

Personally, I get on tirerack.com to do research first. Price/value, etc. summer or dry-wet or all-season depends on your need.
  8. ceric

Preventative Maintenance List for 10 year old / 150k mile CX-5

Water pump seems costly to replace on Mazdas. (lift up engine to get to it.... If I am not mistaken) Better skip it if there is no problem. I agree with wlong01. Without detailed maintenance records, I would replace all fluids. For others, I would replace them only if I see signs of issues.
  9. ceric

Custom ordering a Mazda (USA)

That was 1997, and it took more than one month (5-6 weeks if I recall) to arrive at the dealership I ordered from. My wife hand-picked special color combo...
  10. ceric

Custom ordering a Mazda (USA)

Accessories can also be installed by the dealer or yourself. I have not ordered a Mazda before. I did order a BMW 5 before. It did take a while to get to me. For Toyota, I did ask a salesman before. He ordered vehicles for the dealership. He said that he could order a vehicle exactly as what I...
  11. ceric

How to decipher tire pressure monitoring system? 2016 CX-5

Spare tire is not included in TPMS. Need to check the pressure every yr or 2. Last time I needed it, and found it had only 35psi ?!
  12. ceric

Coolant Leak Lawsuit Investigation for the CX-5, CX-9 and Mazda6

In the past, the dealer I frequent called MazdaUSA directly to help split the cost. One time, it was for premature rear brake pad wear of my Mazda3, and the other time, for peeling-off wheel coating of my Mazda6. In both cases, MazdaUSA helped split the cost. So, it seems like your dealer is...
  13. ceric

Major Problem (2018 Mazda CX-5)

That low oil warning is unique. Not typical for a bad battery, but do check it first.
  14. ceric

Dealer extended warranty. Worth it?

Why buy any warranty when one can afford it in worst case scenario. We do that because the worst case scenario could bankrupt is ... i.e. medical in USA (outrageous expenses) So, evaluate your own financial strength and decide what to do based on that. Others' view points might not be a right...
  15. ceric

Check engine light, TPMS light flashing and power loss (2016 CX-5)

To: OP The next thread seems to discuss a similar issue. https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/2013-cx-5-traction-tire-pressure-check-engine-light-trouble-running.123876645/ MAF: mass air flow sensor was the root cause for that case.
  16. ceric

Power lift gate problem (2024 Mazda CX-5)

Can you reset the codes with your own scanner?
  17. ceric

Oil filter after 1st oil change (2024 CX-5)

Easy. Find a video on youtube showing how filters are made.
  18. ceric

2017~2024 CX-5 Smart brake system issue?

Let us start from the basics... How old is your 12V battery?
  19. ceric

Coolant Leak Lawsuit Investigation for the CX-5, CX-9 and Mazda6

Did the dealer per se try to contact MazdaUSA for cost sharing?
Back