Search results

1. Mikeyman64

MSP Turbo threaded or pressed lugs?

Hey all, Working on getting my turbo situation taken apart (stock MSP) to install a new manifold and downpipe and in the process I broke this bolt on the downpipe outlet flange. I tried drilling and easy-outing to no success (albeit with cheap easyouts), and I have only gotten it to spin ever...
  2. Mikeyman64

Huge Protege5/MSP Partout Bananza

Hey all, TLDR: I have a ton of P5 parts, leftover MSP sedan parts and a P5 parts car with a lot of stuff still on it that I would love for someone close-ish by to come pick up and take for cheap. This listing will be gone in 2 weeks, so grab your stuff while you can. After working to build...
  3. Mikeyman64

Causes for toe-out on a Protege5?

Hey all, While I'm waiting on transmission parts to come in for that black 2003 P5, I have another question. The car has a pretty severe toe-out on the front drivers side wheel. it's at least 4-5degrees (maybe more). The bearings seem sound, no wobble in the wheels, rack and pinion seems...
  4. Mikeyman64

New to P5 Auto Tranny

Hey there, I just purchased 2 "beater" P5s from a local Mazda parts place. I got them both for a steal, and my goal was to take good parts off of one (has some racing heart MP3 wheels and a Team Moon exhaust) and get the other one driving to sell for cheap or give to a friend who really needs...
  5. Mikeyman64

MSP5 Conversion Project

Hello all, It's been a while since I last posted anything here. I'm a long-time owner of a yellow 2002 Protege5, my dad purchased it new, and I bought it from him as my first car in 2007. I had to rebuild the rear brake system (typical leaky caliper issue) before I could drive it, and since...
  6. Mikeyman64

Timing parts brands?

Hello all, Time to put another water pump in the MP5. Just hit 210,000 and the pump has started to seize and rattle. I figured it is about time (or beyond) to buckle and do the full service. After reading a few threads, specifically this one, and talking with people, I have pretty much...
  7. Mikeyman64

Clutch-related rattle noise.

Hey everyone, I have an '02 P5 5spd that has an annoying rattle noise. It's not constant. It only seems to happen when releasing (engaging) the clutch, and then only sometimes and when I've been driving for a few minutes. It will also stop if I punch the accelerator and usually doesn't...
  8. Mikeyman64

Recommendations on some good aftermarket P5 parts/brands/etc.

Hello everyone, I've posted here a couple times I think, however it's been so long, I'll treat this post as my first. I'm the proud owner of a beautiful yellow 2002 Protege5 5spd. My father bought it brand new, and I have bought it from him since then as my first car. I've loved it so far...
  9. Mikeyman64

Brakes make metallic "tap" our "clank" sound if I brake while moving. 2002 P5

Brakes make metallic "tap" our "clank" sound if I brake while moving. 2002 P5 Hello Mazda247! I've got a 2002 P5 that I love and take care of. I'm vary anal about my car's condition, and I fix things (usually myself) as soon as I notice something wrong. The problem I'm having now is...
  10. Mikeyman64

New motor mounts.

It's time for a new clutch, so I thought I'd throw in some mounts while I was at it. Question: What are some good brands for motor/transmission mounts? I've already got an AWR front, and I'm planning on getting another for the rear, but for the passenger and driver mounts, what should I...
  11. Mikeyman64

Front Bumper reinforcement bar question.

Hey there, I've got a 2002 P5 that had a little make-out session with a friend's old BMW. Long story short, I took my bumper assembly apart and found that the reinforcement bar is quite mashed, more than I would like. I've been looking around and took a gander at the service manual's part list...
  12. Mikeyman64

No pressure in brakes...

Hey zoomers, I just changed the pads/rotors and painted the calipers on all four wheels of my 02 P5, and now I have no brakes pressure. The pedal will go all the way to the floor if I push it once, but if I pump it a few times it stiffens up. After it stiffens, if I let it sit for a second...
  13. Mikeyman64

Bad sound while turning.

Hello there follow zoomers, I've got a 2002 Protege 5 2.0L 5spd. It's had a problem that has lasted through a tire change, strut change and 3 different alignments/balancings. The problem is a sound. The best way I can describe the sound is "woop woop woop"... So, yeah. Some symptoms...
Back