Search results

1. N

2003.5 front lip and inserts - $295

OK. Long time coming, I've just been lazy... I've got a 2003.5 front lip and inserts I pulled off of my old MSP (dealer I traded it in on my Subie OBXT didn't know any better). The reason it's stripped is because the paint friggin' fell off - I don't know why, I'm convinced the car was a lemon...
  2. N

FS: 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Got a baby coming (it was planned, don't worry), so I'm selling my 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protg. It has approximately 133000 (which will go up as I put miles on the car). Price $3500 (no low ballers please). The Good: *Replaced transmission with a low miles MSP transmission (has the LSD) *The...
  3. N

MSP Radiator replacement

Are the stock 2.0l protg's and MSP radiators the same? I thought the MSP was shorter due to the SMIC. I couldn't find a definitive answer. If they are in fact different, does anyone know of somewhere that will something that drops straight in, no modification needed?
  4. N

prospecting - possible 2003.5 MSP stock front lip FS or FT

I took my front lip/spoiler off of my 2003.5 MSP, because the paint was flaking off. Has anybody else had this problem? I seriously stripped the paint off using nothing more than an air gun. Seems like a bit of a quality issue from the factory. Anyways... I kinda like the look of it without the...
  5. N

Fixing one issue exposes another - heater core

Got the MSP back on the road. The head gasket went out on me a few months back and I had coolant boiling over and exhaust fumes coming out of the fill neck on the radiator. Just drove her home after doing the head gasket, timing belt and components, VCTS delete, cylinder head resurface, and...
  6. N

Tips and advice for replacing head gasket.

So I'm pretty sure I've popped my HG cherry finally - I smell and see exhaust fumes coming out of my radiator fill neck and I am constantly boiling over coolant. I'm going to do the head bolts, timing belt and water pump at the same time I do the HG. I will be buying the ITM gasket kit (because...
  7. N

WTB 2002 Stock Muffler

Like it says, I'm going to steal the mazdaspeed protg muffler off my old 02 Protg, and I need a stock one to replace it with. Since there's no Protg sedan marketplace, I'll post it here. Let me know what you have!
  8. N

wtb: stock 1999-2003 manual transmission

Blew up my diff, I don't really care if it's for a mazdaspeed protege or not, I just need something to put in there for my DD.
  9. N

Needing to replace my diff...

First off, where the heck is the section in the FSM? Cannot find it any where. Secondly, does anyone have a cheap used oem lsd I can buy off of them? Please don't tell me I need to splash out and buy the MFactory or Quaife because I'm doing this on the cheap and I'm never going to be puting any...
  10. N

New 03.5 owner!

Hi everyone! I'm back after a long hiatus (had an 02 protege lx). I've been on the z car kick for a while, and still am. I have had a 1985 Nissan 300zx turbo (looked like s***, but could squeal the tires in 3rd) and still have a 1975 datsun 280z with no engine (had a 1983 280zx turbo motor...
  11. N

WTB Stock 2002 muffler

Like it says, I'm looking for a stock 2002 muffler. I've got me a 03.5 MSP with no muffler and want to take the racing beat off of the 2002 I have and replace with stock. PM me with what you have!
  12. N

New ride (sorta)

I'm going to be getting rid of the ol' mazzy and going to something a little older. The pic is of the parts car. I'm currently stripping out the interior and the front fenders to go on my new/old car which i will be picking up hopefully this saturday. The other two are of the mayhem in my...
  13. N

Possibly selling my protege.

I've found a car that I'd really like to get my hands on. It's a 1985 Nissan 300zx. Recently, I've been falling in love with all things 'Z', originally, I wanted to get something like a 280z or 280zx, but the amount of time and money I'd have to put in would be too much for me. I then decided...
  14. N

New wheels.

Well... I was going to buy some wheels off of a member from here, but I was in need of tires too. These came with the tires with about 80% tread so it was a steal. I paid 450 shipped for them. They're Momo GT's 16x7.5. Let me know what you think:
  15. N

New audio set up

Tell me what you guys think: Infinity reference REF6020CS RMS 90w and 270w peak - 6.5" mid-woofer and textile dome tweeter for the front doors Pioneer Premier TS A931P - rear deck - 40w rms 300w peak - 6x9 3-way speaker. Driving the above speakers is a Blaupunkt PCA465 700w peak 4 channel...
  16. N

Need help from the gurus!!!!

OK. If any of you have read my other thread (probably not) you'd all know that my car has been in the body shop. The rental that they gave me to drive while my car was AWOL was a Chevy Cobalt (ech...). About three to four days ago, while I was coming up the driveway (which is unpaved gravel), a...
  17. N

Body shop. :-(

Well... My baby has finally gone into the bodyshop to get the involuntary body modifications fixed. And right when I'm getting a bunch of new parts in. Damn! At least I'm getting 2 new doors (outer skins) out of this whole mess. I'm driving this bloody rental car right now. It's a chevy...
  18. N

Body shop.

19. N

Suspension questions

Just got myself this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140156556675&rd=1 Now what else do I need to put this on a stock '02 Protege LX?
  20. N

New Header for my Mazda!

Just got a new OBX header for the pro'. My question is - where it mounts to the stock midpipe - there are springs on the bolts. what is their purpose? From what I've come up with, they do the same thing as the flex joint on an aftermarket midpipe. Is this correct? Will my new OBX header bolt...
Back