Search results

1. arock712

2019 Mazda3 Hatchback: Any issues or regrets?

I have my eye on a used 2019 hatchback with the Preferred trim level, soul red. 24k miles. FWD. I haven't driven it yet, but are there any common issues I should be aware of? Anything you regret about it now or wish you would've purchased something else?
  2. arock712

2016~2023 Air in CX-9 cooling system or in HVAC drain system?

Just had the engine in my 2017 GT replaced due to the coolant leak issue. After I got it back, I heard what sounds like water circulating under the passenger side dash area when the car first starts up. Didn't do this before the new engine was put in. Some have suggested in another thread that...
  3. arock712

2017~2024 Any issues with 2.5 turbo coolant leaks and engine replacement?

Anyone having issues with the 2.5 turbo engine leaking coolant and the engine needing to be replaced like some are having with the CX-9? See this thread in the CX-9 forum for details on that...
  4. arock712

Poll 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement

There are a few threads regarding the 2.5 turbo coolant leak problem and ultimately having to replace the engine. What I'd like to know is there anything that can be inspected and possibly fixed with this issue before it gets to the point of actually needing a new engine? Edit: I updated the...
  5. arock712

2016~2023 Towing capabilities: CX-9 vs Ascent

Wondering how is it that the 2.5 turbo of the CX-9 with up to 250 hp tows 3500 lbs, but the 2.4 turbo of the Subaru Ascent with 260 hp can tow up to 5000 lbs. If anyone can educate me on why there's such a difference with similar sized engines I'd be interested how that works.
  6. arock712

2016~2023 Tire Chain Recommendations for 2nd Gen CX-9 AWD

I have the 20" wheels on my 2017 AWD. We're required to have chains in the car even if might not need them in WA State. Any recommendations? Anyone try these: AUTMOR Chains
  7. arock712

Traffic Sign Recognition for 2016/17 models?

I have a 2017 CX-9 GT. It does not have the package that has the radar cruise control/lane assist part of it, as Canadian models made that an option. Anyway, is there a way to get the traffic sign recognition to show up in the active driving display for 2016/17 models?
  8. arock712

Used 2017/2018 Mazda3: What should I look for?

Looking at purchasing a used 2017/2018 Mazda3. Basically just need it for a commuter car, but would prefer the Touring or GT trim, and would prefer the hatchback, but doesn't matter. I'm interested if there are any problems in general I should be looking for, and if the 2.0 vs 2.5 engine has any...
  9. arock712

Used 2016 Mazda 6i GT: Any concerns?

I'm looking at a used 2016 6i GT with 39k miles on it, so out of warranty. According to CarComplaints.com the thing with the most complaints is the transmission: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Mazda/MAZDA6/2016/ Anything else I should be looking for before I get too deep with a 2016? How about...
  10. arock712

Hitch installation cost for 2017 CX-9

I bought a Curt 13284 trailer hitch, along with the Curt 56338 4-pin trailer wiring harness. The local U-Haul dealer quoted $175 just for the hitch installation. However, to have it installed with the wiring they quoted $356 total. Why does the wiring cost so much extra on top of the hitch...
  11. arock712

2017 windshield replacement

Just had the windshield replaced on my 2017 GT. It's the Canadian version of the GT without the Tech Package (no lane assist, radar cruise, etc.). The Safelite technician said I may have to get the sensors recalibrated by the dealership. However, is this necessary if I don't have the Tech Package?
  12. arock712

2020 Highlander vs 2nd generation CX-9

The exterior styling of the Highlander doesn't look that great with all the body creases and lines. It looks like it's dented in the rear. Would definitely go with a darker color to minimize the lines. Probably need to see it in person. But, I'll keep my 2017 CX-9, thank you very much...
  13. arock712

Gas mileage with/without rack?

Anyone done comparisons of gas mileage when driving with an empty roof rack vs not having the roof rack installed? I rarely use the roof rack and wonder if gas mileage is much better if I just took them off and only used them when needed.
  14. arock712

Replacing upper molding above grill

I have a pretty good dent of the upper molding above the grill. I want to replace it with this part: https://www.mazdaswag.com/oem-parts/mazda-upper-molding-tk48507e1d64 Looks like I just have to unscrew the old one to replace it. But, has anyone replaced this and is it fairly easy to do?
  15. arock712

Motortrend 2017 Long-Term Verdict

Spoiler alert: They like it. "...If you're looking for a stylish, comfortable, fun-to-drive hauler in which to carpool five or six kidoes or to take the family of four on camping trips, then the Mazda CX-9 might be just the ticket..."...
  16. arock712

Piano black surface scratches

I'm looking at some used 2nd-gen CX-9's and notice some have scratches and swirls on the piano black surfaces, especially around the gear shift. Are those able to be fixed somehow?
  17. arock712

Used 2016/2017 CX-9: What should I look for?

I'm in the market for a used 2016 or 2017 CX-9. What should I be looking for when checking it out and taking it for a test drive?
  18. arock712

2nd Generation Floor Dimensions

Does anyone have the floor dimensions behind the second row? I don't need the cubic feet, just the flat floor dimensions. Along with the depth from front to rear, this would include the width between the widest part behind the third row (with the two "pockets") and the narrower width directly...
  19. arock712

Review: CX-9 vs. Subaru Ascent

They said the Subaru wins (barely): https://www.autoblog.com/2018/05/23/subaru-ascent-vs-mazda-cx-9-comparison/
  20. arock712

Used 2016 or 2017 CX-9? Does it matter?

I will be looking into finding a used 2016 or 2017 CX-9 sometime this year, particularly a GT. Would there be any reason why I should not look at a used 2016 vs the 2017? A reason I might give is because the 2016 was the first year of the new design and any issues might have fixed in the 2017...
Back