Search results

1. arock712

2016~2023 Air in CX-9 cooling system or in HVAC drain system?

Sorry I never got around to replying to this. Ended up taking it to a trusted mechanic and they determined Mazda did not put enough coolant back in the system. Unbelievable. Ever since then there has not been any gurgling water sounds or really any issues.
  2. arock712

2019 Mazda3 Hatchback: Any issues or regrets?

I'm going to assume with a lack of response that all is good... :)
  3. arock712

2019 Mazda3 Hatchback: Any issues or regrets?

I have my eye on a used 2019 hatchback with the Preferred trim level, soul red. 24k miles. FWD. I haven't driven it yet, but are there any common issues I should be aware of? Anything you regret about it now or wish you would've purchased something else?
  4. arock712

2018 CX-9 Overheating

I've owned three Mazdas, but my 2017 had the coolant leak. It was within warranty so Mazda did cover it with a new engine. I love the CX-9, but it bugs me with such a major defect they're not covering their own engineering mistake even out of warranty. They should step-up and just do it, no...
  5. arock712

Poll 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement

This thread doesn't seem to be as active as it used to be, which is good I think. Is this a sign that a lot of this has been resolved one way or another?
  6. arock712

Transmission cooler standard on AWD CX-9?

I don't think there is a special transmission cooler and larger radiator if you have AWD instead of front wheel drive. How much does the camper weigh?
  7. arock712

2.5T Engine Coolant Leaking TSB

Check out what Mazda did for this person: https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/2-5t-coolant-leak-engine-replacement.123875515/post-6756039
  8. arock712

2016 CX-9 Signature leaking coolant

They were going to do that with mine, too. But when they drained the oil from the old engine they found metal bits from a shot bearing in the engine. They ended up replacing the engine instead of just the head.
  9. arock712

2016 CX-9 Signature leaking coolant

Sorry you're another victim of this. Mazda provided a CX-5 loaner for us for the few months we didn't have the CX-9.
  10. arock712

Mazda Announces Pricing and Packaging for 2023 CX-50

I'm interested in what the Toyota sourced hybrid model will offer whenever that becomes available.
  11. arock712

I did purge the coolant system as was suggested in another thread, but the water sound was still there. So, took it in to the dealer that replaced the engine. Long story short, the tech couldn't figure out the issue. They did blow out the A/C drain, but no water drained. I will keep any eye...
  12. arock712

CX-50 Dimensional Specs

I agree. Was hoping for more cargo room than the CX-5. Will wait until Mazda releases the official numbers. Maybe CX-70 will be that sweet spot.
  13. arock712

Just had the engine in my 2017 GT replaced due to the coolant leak issue. After I got it back, I heard what sounds like water circulating under the passenger side dash area when the car first starts up. Didn't do this before the new engine was put in. Some have suggested in another thread that...
  14. arock712

I'm going to start another thread...
  15. arock712

Is this something I can do or just have the dealer do it?
  16. arock712

Hearing what sounds like water circulating under the passenger side dash area when the car first starts up. Didn't do this before the new engine was put in. Any idea what this could be before I contact the dealer? I can start a new thread about this if needed.
  17. arock712

Definitely getting a CX-50

I'd also be interested to know what the cargo capacity is.
  18. arock712

Almost three months after the engine went into the shop, got it back today with the new engine. First 50 miles or so seems good so far. I'll let you know if any issues come up.
  19. arock712

Thanks for that information. However, not sure how the original VIN will determine the build date of the new engine that was installed.
  20. arock712

No, mine was was always maintained and had the head cracked. This particular issue has nothing to do with lack of proper maintenance. It's a design flaw.
Back