Search results

1. D

Motive power brake bleeder adapter for 2016 CX-9

I ended up getting the 1118 and it worked great with the thicker washer on a 2011 Mazda CX-9. No leak at all for me.
  2. D

Cost to replace brake pads and rotors on 2011 CX-9

I've replaced the pads and rotors on my CX-9 myself multiple times. If you know what you're doing then you can do each wheel/side in an hour, so about 4-6 hours total for all 4 sides. If you live in a harsh climate (like I do) then more than likely your rotors will be stuck on and you'll have to...
  3. D

Motive power brake bleeder adapter for 2016 CX-9

I know this is an old thread but I recently bought the Motive Brake Bleeder with the euro adapter (1100) for Porsche and want to use the bleeder on my 2011 CX-9. Does 1118 fit?
  4. D

2007~2015 CX-9 Brake bleeding sequence?

Does anybody know what the proper sequence of bleeding the brakes is on a 2011 CX-9? Please don't say "furthest first then the closest one" because that's a classic old belief that may not be applicable to modern cars, see Dispelling myths and BS: How you REALLY are supposed to bleed brakes and...
  5. D

Dispelling myths and BS: How you REALLY are supposed to bleed brakes

Does this method and order of bleeding the calipers also apply to a 2011 CX-9?
  6. D

Are the CX-9 OEM brake pads ceramic or semi-metallic?

I just ordered the Raybestos EHT pads for front and rear. Also ordered rotors and calipers for the front and will report back on the performance of the Raybestos pads versus the Akebono ProACT ceramic pads. The Raybestost EHT pads are a hybrid material that combines ceramic and semi-metallic and...
  7. D

Parking brake no longer holds vehicle

It's a real b---- to adjust. My adjustment knob was so rusted that it wouldn't move. Took hours of heating it with a blow torch and tons of PB blaster to finally get it to turn. It's back to needing an adjustment again but I'm so reluctant to do it again...
  8. D

2007~2015 How to get to the CX-9 spark plugs?

Anybody also chance their PCV valve at the same time as changing the spark plugs?
  9. D

I used Akebono ProACT ceramic pads front and rear (ACT1258 and ACT1259). They're pretty good but still wish they had more bite. I had also replaced the rotors with Raybestos 980580FZN coated rotors in the front and Raybestos 980579 rotors in the rear. Any suggestions on a better rotor & pad set...
  10. D

Reviving this ol' thread to state that I put aftermarket ceramic pads on and I find the stopping power just isn't there. The 2011 CX-9 already has underpowered brakes to begin with, so I think putting semi-metallic pads is the better option for better stopping power. Would like to hear other...
  11. D

Home transmission flush success

I actually tried that first. There are 2 hoses coming out of the cooler, one thinner than the other. I removed the thinner one and attached my 3/8" tubing to the hard metal end. Unfortunately, the fluid flow was in the wrong direction and instead of coming out of my tube it came out of the...
  12. D

Squeaks and Rattles

How do you remove the trim plate around the selector? I ended up spraying SeaFoam Deep Creep around the entire selector area and the creaks are pretty much all gone. But it's probably only a temporary solution so I'd like to try pulling it off and applying the 3M Strip Caulk.
  13. D

Mine is a 2011 AWD, no dipstick. I used 15L of Valvoline MaxLife ATF (suitable for Toyota T-IV). Here's how I drained and flushed my transmission fluid (mostly followed douchbaggery's post above): Remove the air box. This is fairly simple as there are only three 10mm bolts to remove and a...
  14. D

Thanks, but you left most of the old fluid still in there with that method. I'm going to let it run out of the coolant line and get as much of the old fluid out as possible.
  15. D

Scan Gauge II - X-Gauge Code - Transmission Fluid Temperature

Converted this to the following equation in Torque and was able to get a reading as well. Like you said, it starts off at ambient and then as the car runs and warms up it is slightly cooler than the coolant temperature. ((SIGNED(A)*256)+B)*(63/10))/100 I'm using an ELM327 bluetooth OBDII dongle...
  16. D

Scan Gauge II - X-Gauge Code - Transmission Fluid Temperature

Tried to convert this code to use in the Torque app based on instructions I found here, but doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else been successful in getting this to work in Torque with an ELM327?
  17. D

Thank you! A few questions: Thought I read somewhere that this is actually a T55 torx and not allen/hex? Do you know the torque spec? I'm going to try to use my bluetooth OBD2 dongle and the Torque Pro app for Android. Has anyone gotten the ATF tranny temp using Torque?
  18. D

WTF? So how the heck am I supposed to check the level and know if I've underfilled or overfilled it??
  19. D

Where the heck is the dipstick tube to fill up from the top? I can't find it for the life of me... can someone take a pic please?
  20. D

Transmission fluid change "How To"

Great post, thank you! My transmission is acting sluggish lately and I'm only at 72,000 km. Going to replace the fluid soon with Valvoline MaxLife. Where do I drain it from? Anyone got a picture or link to the drain plug location?
Back