Search results

1. K

Bump Stops on Struts

One of my rear struts was making racket, so I'm in the process of replacing it. When I slid the (fake) boot off the old strut, the bump stop came out in crumbs. The biggest piece was a half inch. My car is pampered, garaged, has only 85K miles; if my bump stops have crumbled, y'all's are...
  2. K

Garage Door Safety Cables

My 2002.5 Proteg5 now has a nice ding that's gonna cost me over $400 to get fixed. It's always been garaged -- and it was the garage that attacked it! My garage door has tension springs. Many do, but others have torsion springs that are wrapped around a shaft; if yours is this latter type...
  3. K

Complicated and Intricate Cruise Control Modification

Y'all are gonna love this. In fact, you're gonna be mad at me for not posting it about 10 years ago when I did it to my own car. Step 1: Visit your friendly neighborhood arts & crafts store. You're looking for those decorative little plastic rhinestones you use to bedazzle pretty much...
  4. K

Seized Brake Calipers -- 2002.5 Proteg5

Seized Brake Calipers -- 2002.5 Proteg5 The disc brakes in the Mazda Proteg5 are single-piston floating-caliper design. That means that there's only one piston and it's operating on the inner pad. The reaction slides the floating portion of the caliper the other direction, and it's this...
  5. K

Seized Floating Brake Caliper

No question here, just a report. I replaced the brake pads on my 2002.5 Proteg5 the other day, and found to my surprise that one of the floating pins on the RR caliper was seized. For those not familiar with the way these floating calipers work, there is only one piston and it acts upon the...
  6. K

Taillights

I hate the taillights on my 2002.5 Proteg5, and the various aftermarket lenses are no better -- still have that stupid multiple circle look to them. I would like to buy a set of the taillights used on the 323 Astina or the Familia S-Wagon, the lenses with a horizontal white stripe across the...
Back