Search results

1. N

Mazda 626 Manifold Swap question (2003 Protege/MP3)

Skip the 626 manifold. You'll lose some high end flow, and you'll lose the VICS chamber. Keep the Protege manifold, and remove the VTCS butterflies at the head ports. The MP3 manifold kept the VICS, but deleted the VTCS. By running an MP3 ECU, you want to keep the VICS.
  2. N

18x10.5 +12 Wheels on a Mazdaspeed6?

You're going to have a ton of poke with that wheel. What size tires were you thinking? OEM wheels are 215/45-18 on a 18x7+55. Going to a 18x10.5+12 is going to bring the wheel out by over 3 inches...
  3. N

Random Repeating Engine Misfires (2002 Mazda Protege)

P0171 is a lean code, and P0106 is a MAP sensor error. Maybe the MAP sensor is bad, or going bad? Or, you have an air leak in the manifold somewhere?
  4. N

P0117 and P0304 Codes (Protege5)

210°F is probably a little bit high for those engines. Sounds like the cap helped. I would maybe plan on replacing the thermostat. It might be starting to fail, and isn't opening like it should. I thought normal engine temperature is ~190-195°F
  5. N

ND MX-5 2016 Miata Club 6sp - grinding/friction noise not bearings

Did you replace the passenger wheel bearing? Usually you can determine if it is a wheel bearing and what side by driving the car from side to side, loading and unloading the wheels. As you load a bad bearing, it should get louder. Also, are you a member over at miata net?
  6. N

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Still, to be able to run those big brakes with 16" wheels is a nice option
  7. N

That is awesome! I always wondered if the 16" wheels would fit over those brakes. Well done!
  8. N

Holy moly! Do you have a product link for that light?
  9. N

2013 Mazda5 Sport…Port or direct injection?

I was thinking it looked like Blackstone, but didn't want to put my assumption out there. Blackstone will provide comments to the sample and results, too. But, since the comments were cut off, figured I would ask.
  10. N

2013 Mazda5 Sport…Port or direct injection?

Who performed the analysis? Did they provide any comments on the results? Based solely on the number, I see higher than average iron and magnesium values, which could indicate some wear on the bearings and crank. FYI, all USDM Mazda5 engines are port injection. All USDM Mazda5 models use the...
  11. N

Mazdaspeed Protege Idle issue…Help

EGR will only open when the car is running at steady state, like on the highway at cruising speed. Other than that, It will typically stay closed. Until it gets clogged, then it won't close and throws a code.
  12. N

There is a tube that runs from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold, and the valve is bolted to the underside of the intake manifold. I believe you can delete the tube, cap the exhaust manifold port, then, pull the EGR valve and make a "blank" gasket from a soda can, and reinstall the...
  13. N

The EGR valve on those engines has the tendency to collect carbon and stick open, which can cause idle droop issues, too.
  14. N

Mazda5 2.5L 6-speed MT: Clutch pedal feel/response changed suddenly while driving

Makes sense to me, as long as the car is still drivable. For $80, maybe just have it on hand for when you get time: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4708662&cc=1506101&pt=2044&jsn=385
  15. N

Mazda5 2.5L 6-speed MT: Clutch pedal feel/response changed suddenly while driving

If I were going to just throw something at it, it would be the slave cylinder. Shouldn't be too bad, and your plan was to bleed it anyway. Just make sure no air gets into the line up top.
  16. N

So all clutch hardware was recently replaced? It is entirely possible that the new pressure plate cause either the master or slave cylinders to fail. I would try a fresh clutch hydraulic bleed, and see what that gets you. I would also be prepared to replace the slave or master, or both.
  17. N

Protege5 for me?

Those choices will be HEAVY, which the Protege5 won't like. You'll want to keep the weight low. Look for a set of 17" NC Miata wheels. OEM Protege wheels are 16x6 +50 and the Miata wheels will be 17x7 +55. Go with a 205/45-17 tire
  18. N

What happened to CorkSport Protege Parts?

Unfortunately, the Mazda3 platform is completely different from the Protege/Protege5 - nothing is interchangeable. You might have read about the Mazda5, which is a completely different animal from the Protege5.
  19. N

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Wheel spacer for sure have an effect on springs - they create a longer lever arm, which reduces the effective spring rate. A longer lever arm will put more force on the spring and cause it to compress more. Whether that is the case for you, only Corksport would know for sure. But, the spacers...
Back