Search results

1. B

Detailed explanation of how the CX-90 AWD works?

Thanks to you both. Perhaps some of my confusion comes from being too strict with "torque" and "power." We tend, I think, to interchange those words rather more freely than is appropriate (I do it regularly), but when I'm thinking of something like "torque vectoring" I tend to be strict in my...
  2. B

Thank you. I may not understand quite what Honda means by 'torque vectoring,' because I thought that more or less meant using the brakes in connection with the traction control, but I think you're saying that's not what they mean(?).
  3. B

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I was looking for!
  4. B

Has anyone seen, and would you please point me to, a detailed explanation of the drivetrain layout and function in the 6-cylinder CX-90? I'm interested especially in details of how the AWD system works mechanically. Thanks. P.S. If one were to say something like, "It's very similar to the...
  5. B

What's a good transmission oil to use for the Mazda5?

No, sorry. It's been way too long.
  6. B

Oil filter differences?

The information from Mazda about how they changed from a positive-displacement gearotor oil pump to a variable-displacement vane-type pump is interesting (though not new), but the notion that said change is due to 'lubrication requirements' is highly dubious at best. That change (from...
  7. B

2015 CX-5 2.5L SkyActiv coolant in oil

If you're not going to do anything to correct the coolant leak (and I don't say you should or you shouldn't), then you should probably stop wasting money on the UOAs. If it's purely a hobby, fine, but if it's about detecting trouble or being able to make proactive corrections (which you're...
  8. B

SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

It's more likely the head than the block, IF that's the problem. The highest likelihood is the HG. Go ahead and try a different lab, Patrick. Every lab on the continent offers a better value than BSlabs, either because the numbers are more reliable, or the numbers are equally reliable but the...
  9. B

Best way to clean fabric seats?

I've used carpet cleaners and spot cleaners on the fabric seats in my Honda pickup (our Mazda's seats are 'leatherette'). They work...kinda. Seat covers were FAR more effective. I also like the hydrogen peroxide suggestion. Maybe try that on an out-of-the-way place first, to make sure the...
  10. B

Upgrading from Mazda5 - Which car?

In many ways I wish we had not traded off our '06 5. It was a brilliant vehicle, and we could find nothing at all that did what it did. I still cannot see anything out there which offers what it offered. The combination of seating, space utilization, sliding rear doors, and a small footprint...
  11. B

Guide Mazda5 Cabin Air Filter Replacement with pics

I had completely forgotten that our 5 required 2 cabin filters!
  12. B

2014~2021 2.5L Skyactiv difference in power when bought in US and EU

We discussed this topic at the Mazda6Club forum not too terribly long ago. There are several things for you to think about: 1) Octane numbers are measured differently in the EU (and much of the world) than in N. America (and Brazil). Your 95 octane is the Research Octane Number (RON). In N...
  13. B

What's a good transmission oil to use for the Mazda5?

For our stick-shift Mazda5, I was always very pleased with RedLine's MT-90.
  14. B

0W20 for 2020 CX-5 GTR?

A simple question rather than (incorrect) assumptions or declarations would have made it clear much sooner. Do you agree?
  15. B

0W20 for 2020 CX-5 GTR?

Nope. I advocated resolving the issue. I furthermore explained the largest risk from using 0W20 vs 5W30, and expressly said to try to work it out with the dealer. If that doesn’t work I said to move on and not use them. I even told Eric how to mitigate the increased risk from a 0W20 (if that’s...
  16. B

0W20 for 2020 CX-5 GTR?

I’ve advocated that since entering the thread. The item you quoted was a very simple way to dispel unnecessary hysteria.
  17. B

0W20 for 2020 CX-5 GTR?

...and _IF_ that happened then that’s what you’d use as ‘proof’ the dealer caused the problem and so get it covered. No need for hysterics. Simple fix, and no damage done.
  18. B

2013~2016 Timing Chain Failures?

I have asked Idemitsu for various data over the years. They don’t want to share it. I have obtained enough info from or about their products to know their marketing is no more truthful than anyone else’s. I don’t care nearly enough to accuse them of anything. I do hope to help even just 1 person...
  19. B

0W20 for 2020 CX-5 GTR?

You’re all still assuming. According to many posts here, dealers aren’t trustworthy, but then the dealer’s paper is claimed to be ‘proof.’ What nonsense. According to follow-up post, the person who did the work says they put 20-grade in. A $15 test will tell you on basically-new oil. Do you...
  20. B

2013~2016 Timing Chain Failures?

Show me the data. Until then it’s just marketing department nonsense.
Back