Search results

1. Hank3

P0600 CEL: Serial Communication Link | Anyone else experience this before?

My wife's 2010 Mazda 5 has recently triggered the P0600 CEL. It has come on two times in the last two months. I've cleared it it with a PBD scanner, but would like to address the culprit. Anyone other owners/members experienced this? Any pointers on what to look for/troubleshoot?
  2. Hank3

OEM alarm goes off with key (2010 Mazda5)

Just wanted to confirm that the OEM alarm is supposed to go off in this scenario: Lock the vehicle with fob; unlock driver's side door with key then the horn starts honking. Reason I'm asking is because my wife ran into this issue recently where the fob battery was starting to die and was...
  3. Hank3

Autoblog: 2006-2010 Mazda5 | Used Vehicle Spotlight

Nice to see this article. And I couldn't agree more. I still often look at our 2010 in parking lots, our driveway, and other places and just admire how great it looks! https://www.autoblog.com/2021/08/03/used-mazda5-listings/
  4. Hank3

What are these for?

Curious as to what other MZ5 owners use these diagonal slits for in the second row foldout console (if at all).
  5. Hank3

1st Gen MZ3 Clear Lens for headlights back in stock @ Retrofit Source

These haven't been sold for a few years now. They provide a crisper and more colorful cutoff: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/projector-kits/clear-lenses-and-etching/mazda-3-sonata-clear-lenses.html
  6. Hank3

1st Gen Mazda3 Headlight Projector Clear Lens

These are no longer sold by TRS. They provide a crisper/more defined cut off, colorful flicker, and more light output on the road. These require baking open your headlights to install...but well worth it! Below are pics of when I had a set installed on my former '08 MS3: SOLD!!!
  7. Hank3

MSP Racing Harts w/o Tires

SOLD - please close thread.
  8. Hank3

Sold my P5 today...a new chapter with a different manufacturer

Sold my P5 today at 140K miles for $3250. I was the second owner for seven reliable years. It was time to get into something different that was still practical. I was growing tired of rowing gears after 24 years of owning only MT cars (5 in total); I wanted something that my wife could drive...
  9. Hank3

Protege5 WeatherTech Window Deflectors

Up for sale is a complete set of WeatherTech Window Deflectors (front and rear). I also have a separate front set only for sale. All of them have a "Light Tint" and are in "like new" condition. Complete set (including front and rear) - SOLD Front set only - SOLD
  10. Hank3

Mazda recalls 173K Mazda2 and Mazda3 models for breaking seat

Mazda will recall 173,859 vehicles in the United States because the seats could suddenly move. The campaign will affect the 2011 Mazda2, 2010-2011 Mazda3, and 2010-2011 Mazdaspeed3. http://www.motor1.com/news/136089/mazda2-mazda3-seat-recall/
  11. Hank3

Mazda recalls 173k Mazda2 and Mazda3 models for breaking seat

Mazda will recall 173,859 vehicles in the United States because the seats could suddenly move. The campaign will affect the 2011 Mazda2, 2010-2011 Mazda3, and 2010-2011 Mazdaspeed3. http://www.motor1.com/news/136089/mazda2-mazda3-seat-recall/
  12. Hank3

Creaking Sound When Turning

Trying to troubleshoot a sound I've heard a couple times in the past week. When the car is at idle or creeping along slowly (5 mph and under), I hear a creaking door sound when the steering wheel turns left. It lasts for a little while and then it'll go away for a few days and then come back...
  13. Hank3

WTB Protege5 Hatch/Liftgate Support Struts

Would like to purchase driver and passenger side. Both must be in good working condition. Shipped to FL 32312
  14. Hank3

Hatch Door/Liftgate Strut Removal and Replacement

I'm going to replace the struts to the hatch door/liftgate in the coming week. I took a quick glance at the current ones that I'm assuming are OEM (Showa is the brand name), and it looks like there are two bolts securing a strutr bracket to the chassis. And then the strut's socket goes over a...
  15. Hank3

Mazda5 '08-'10 Lamin-x Headlight and Fog Light Film

Up for sale is a set of new/unused Clear Lamin-x Headlight and Fog Light Films for MY 2008-2010 Mazda5. I was clearing out my garage and found these lying around and no longer need them. Both installs are very forgiving, but the headlight films are going to more difficult to install. Please...
  16. Hank3

Protege5 Lamin-X Clear Fog Light Film

Up for sale are a set of new/unopened Lamin-X Clear Fog Light Films for the P5. I have these installed and they're great at protecting the fog light glass. They're very easy to install and have a very forgiving install process. I was clearing out my garage and found these extras. No longer...
  17. Hank3

Coolant overflow tank replacement

The original coolant overflow tank has finally developed some cracks after 13 years. I'm planning to replace it with a Dorman unit in the coming days. Upon quick glance last night, it looks like the tank is secured by sliding it on a vertical bracket that's bolted to the frame. And there's a...
  18. Hank3

Key fob completes program setup...then doesn't work

We have two key fobs for our MZ5. We have one that we use regularly and the other one is the backup. I have programmed the backup one three times in past few months, and it somehow doesn't work after a few days. I followed the MZ5 programming procedures and both fobs work upon completion. Both...
  19. Hank3

What is leaking? (pics inside)

Noticed some drops of what I think is engine or tranny oil this past week. The leak seems to be coming from where the transmission attaches to the engine, but I'm not 100% certain. I've been letting the oil drop onto cardboard and whatever is dripping seems to dry up and look like black paint...
  20. Hank3

WTB: (1) OEM P5 rear swaybar bracket and bushing

WTB: (1) OEM P5 rear swaybar bracket Looking to purchase one OEM P5 rear swaybar bracket in good shape. Shipping to FL 32312.
Back