Search results

1. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

I managed to get a handful of little stuff done today. Got the IM bolted on and torqued down. And with that, finished running the coolant and crank case vent hoses. Added a support bracket to the intake tube to keep the filter from banging on stuff. With the manifold & TB finally in place...
  2. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

While I wait on the intake manifold, I'm chipping away at a host of little things that need to get done. The clutch splash shield was not bent square and was leaving a healthy gap at the bottom, and leaning on the header crossover tube. So I pulled that and bent it back, then RTV'd it in...
  3. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

And done:
  4. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

Radiator fan mounts. Mock up: Confirming fitment And finally, speed holes. Ain't nothing lighter than a hole! (phrasing?)
  5. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

6. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

Needs a little cleanup around a couple edges, but I'm damn pleased with how that came out
  7. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

I should have started doing this more (like, for smaller stuff) ages ago. I've done a couple things, but this is by far the most complex shape I've tried to make. So much tape and cardboard...
  8. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

After a week out, it's back in after some fettling, and with an actual clutch and transmission this time. This week it should be buttoned up the rest of the way, then exhaust, wiring and tuning.
  9. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

Got the alternator & belt tensioner setup more or less complete. I just need a correct-length bolt for the engine side rod-end. I like it SO much more than the original stack-of-washers setup. I got the water pump housing back from my machinist this afternoon. We ended up mounting the...
  10. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

It hurt doing this on the empty case. It hurt a lot *more* doing it on the VERY expensive Quaife box.
  11. A

What have you done to your Miata today?

Cut a good deal of the inside flange of the cowl and wiper mount out of the way to make clearance for the ECU and various other electrical sundries that we're planning on putting up there:
  12. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

Got the engine out (for the last time, right? RIGHT!? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight) this weekend and got started on the punch list. Bashed this lip back for clearance for the passenger side upper-rear corner of the block. It cleared, but there was barely room for a pair of photons between it and the lip...
  13. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

I put together another piece of the puzzle by building the most Miata bracket of all time. I haven't yet decided if that's a scrote or a mushroom tip (rlaugh) The bracket I had bolted the catch-can to made it foul on the intake manifold (now on the wrong side). The engine being canted over...
  14. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

Bah. My rad bazooka tube intake created an interference with the upper radiator hose. Because sometimes I have a startling lack of foresight (or optimism...) So, options. I call this one "The Nessie" This however is certainly the easy solution: I plan on keeping The Nessie on hand...
  15. A

What have you done to your Miata today?

Built myself a bolt-on mount for a center mirror for track work :) Also the 2nd element for the wang came in :D
  16. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

Paint makes everything better :D
  17. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

I've gotta tell you, even though it's still missing several VERY important parts, the fact that it's starting to look like an engine is highly motivating :D
  18. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

Bolt on center mirror for TT stuff.
  19. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

I get that it's just a bracket with 3 holes, a turnbuckle and a couple bolts, (and at this early stage, damn ugly), but I'm genuinely proud of this silly thing. If you'd have told me I'd be building my own belt tensioners 15 years ago when I could barely change my own oil, I'd have laughed at...
  20. A

KMiata SCCA Solo XP swap

More alternator progress. I hacked off part of the stock tensioner mount on the pump housing to clear the coolant hose, and mocked up a bracket that SHOULD work until my machinist friend has his way with my housing (#MiataThings) If I DO go that route, it will be prettied up (and lightened up)...
Back