Search results

1. M

2007~2015 Another CX-9 Water Pump tale, but with a twist...

That makes sense. I was wondering how that suspension was holding up. Still very impressive. It is unfortunate the water pump job is so expensive. I've heard that you can get away with not removing the engine to do it but the whole job still just seemed way beyond me as well.
  2. M

2007~2015 Another CX-9 Water Pump tale, but with a twist...

Congrats! You've definitely gotten your moneys worth out of that car. I don't know if I've ever seen one with that kind of mileage. I've got just over 200k on my 2009 and have been wondering just how far the engine and transmission can go. I agree that these are great vehicles overall. I've also...
  3. M

2011 CX-9 Torque Converter replacement options?

Ha, no I did not think it was for my lifetime. That would be quite the claim to make, of course claiming that the fluid is good for the life of the transmission is almost as bad.
  4. M

2011 CX-9 Torque Converter replacement options?

Has your transmission fluid ever been changed? I believe these were marketed as "lifetime transmission fluid" which is a joke...The fluid still needs to be changed. That is the first place I would start. Worth a shot at least in my opinion.
  5. M

2007~2015 CX-9 Chirping sound after strut assembly replacement...Sad saga!

That's good, Moog is what I switched to as well for the sway bar links and tie rod ends and have been happy with them so far. Did you grease the moog parts after install? They come with some grease inside already, but they do recommending adding grease immediately after install. If possible I...
  6. M

2007~2015 CX-9 Chirping sound after strut assembly replacement...Sad saga!

I don't know what the problem is, but I can tell you that TRQ suspension components are trash. I got some sway bar links and tie rod ends from them and they were just junk.
  7. M

Help! My CX-9 won’t start

I'm no expert but when I did the spark plugs I didn't have to reprogram my throttle body after taking it off. I didn't see any mention of that in the manual either. I also read a lot and watched a lot of videos before doing the job and didn't see anyone else needing to do any reprogramming.
  8. M

2010 CX-9 - Broke light clip on the front door inside…Can it be fixed?

I just use regular silicone caulk, like what you buy at home depot. I've seen removable ones that are supposed to peel away easier, so that would make things easier if you ever have to get back in there. Of course regular caulking is removable as well, just a little more of a pain depending on...
  9. M

2010 CX-9 - Broke light clip on the front door inside…Can it be fixed?

You definitely don't need to run a new wire. You could just put some caulking on what's left of the clip to "glue" it in place. Caulking is nice because it will hold it but if you need to remove it again it can easily be taken off.
  10. M

CX-9 Winter tire question

I've got 245/65/17 on my 2009 cx9, which originally had 20" rims, and they fit just fine. I went into Discount Tire for new rims and tires and thats the rim/ tire size combination they recommended and also said it would add up to almost the exact same circumfrance as the originals.
  11. M

How to wash your engine bay?

You definitely can use a pressure washer. You just run a higher risk of pushing water into places you don't want it. To me, it's just not worth the risk, but to each his own
  12. M

How to wash your engine bay?

I remember watching some videos on this in the past. There definitely is at lest one thing you need to cover up. I can't remember exactly what though... maybe the alternator? I would research that before starting. The other thing is do not use a pressure washer.
  13. M

2010 CX-9 ECM Looses connections with all other modules when raining

Does the car have a sunroof? I've seen some stuff about those directing water inside.
  14. M

2010 CX-9 Water pump failure?

Mine had just small amounts of coolant going into the oil. Car still ran fine and didn't overheat. Obviously this will damage the engine overtime. I think the overheating happens when the leak gets bigger and all the coolant flows into the oil and you end up running the engine without any coolant.
  15. M

2022 CX-9 Creaking Videos

That's great! I hope that's it. That's a win in my book just getting a dealer that will actually acknowledge the problem and make a sincere attempt at fixing it.
  16. M

Well that response from mazda is at least encouraging. I'd stay cordial with them and just move through the process. If the dealer says they can't reproduce it just take the car back and move to the next step with corporate. I think if you just google your state and lemon law you can at least...
  17. M

I'd look into your states lemon law to see if it qualifies, instead of just selling, which would be at a significant loss. You have the advantage of it being loud enough where you can reproduce it on video and the issue already being recorded by the dealer. You shouldn't have to live with it or...
  18. M

2007~2015 Mazda CX-9 water pump replacement/service expected costs?

Coolant level shouldn't drop if there is no leak. If there are no puddles and engine cap stays clean then you're good. Do you have AWD? My brother has a tesla model 3. He's said many times now that he would never own any of those cars without a warranty. The repairs are often and very...
  19. M

Driver's side power rear window no longer moves, stuck up (2010 CX-9)

There is one model for both left side windows and another model for both right side windows.
  20. M

Avoid a previous rental CX-9?

Something I've recently learned that has changed the way I car shop is that higher trim levels are not always necessarily better. Higher trim levels come with larger wheels, which means a harder ride. But they look good and improve handling, so thats more based on what you prefer and taking...
Back