Search results

1. G

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

I applied the sharpie twice (after letting the first attempt dry for about an hour). It did not darken it much as I thought it would, but it made a difference and was enough for my taste! It didn't bother us at all on our 900 mi (1,445 km) road trip recently!
  2. G

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Nice! I took the lazy route and just used a Sharpie on that top ambient light. It doesn't blackout the light, instead it only dims it as if I had it tinted.
  3. G

2019-2020 CX-9 Cargo Area Dimensions

Awesome, that's one heck of a road trip Martino!!! (drinks) If covering long miles wasn't a requirement, I was going to say that the Tesla Model X might will check all of your other boxes. I was surprised how much room it has on the inside. And as we all know, they are rather quick. :D It...
  4. G

2019-2020 CX-9 Cargo Area Dimensions

Haha - I agree on the looks! Once you have driven both the Palisade and the CX-9, you will clearly understand the difference in driving dynamics. Although you have more room in the Palisade, you also feel all that extra heft as you drive it. That was the main reason I went with the CX-9...
  5. G

Fog lights decorative piece?

I actually pointed this out the other day in another thread! lol To me, the fogs are functionally pointless because you cannot see the added light due to the hood (no matter how high you sit). But they are nice decorations tho... They COULD be functional if we had a way to turn on the fog...
  6. G

What did you pay for your CX-9?

Wow, thanks for sharing this! It IS nice to see Mazda improve on things even though it wasn't a significant issue. I also have 2018 and I feel the lights are really good too. Definitely an upgrade to all of the past vehicles I have driven...some of which had LEDs. My only (minor)...
  7. G

Any Word on the 2020 CX-9 Changes?

It will really depend on the screen they used. If it is the same specs (resolution, brightness, etc) as the current screen, then all it will do is make everything look bigger. That might be better for those that have vision problems...but not by much. Now, if the new screen has a higher...
  8. G

New Member & New CX-9

Double congrats for the other baby! I don't miss the diapers or sleepless nights tho... lol For the radio, after manually tuning to your radio station, just press and hold the star until it beeps and says that it was saved as a favorite. Once it's saved, the steering wheel will cycle between...
  9. G

New Member & New CX-9

Awesome and congrats! Definitely dig into the settings on the lane assist. Although it does not keep you centered like the CRV, it does push back for a bit (while making noise and/or vibrating depending on what setting you enable). I have the sound turned off, but the vibration is set to the...
  10. G

New Member & New CX-9

I doubt I would be loading anything more than that, so that's good to hear!
  11. G

Totalled 2008 CX9 - Thoughts from folks who moved to Gen 2?

We used to have a 2013 CX-9 Touring which we traded for Tacoma in 2017 because we needed to haul odd-sized items for a few years. Now that our 3 kids are getting bigger (and we no longer haul odd-sized items), we eventually found ourselves back in a 2018 CX-9 GT (last month). After test...
  12. G

New Member & New CX-9

I agree that the CX-9 is one of the smoothest/easiest highway vehicle I have ever driven. Power delivery, transmission control, maneuverability/handling, etc. are all spot-on for how my wife and I tend to drive. It baffles me that so many companies are unable to design/tune their larger...
  13. G

The VW Atlas takes a stab at the CX-9

OP - I agree, I love seeing fun commercials that make tasteful jabs at each other. I have noticed that the truck industry is doing it in full force the past couple of years and it's great! We also tested the new Hyundai Palisade (which I think shares the platform with the new Kia Telluride)...
  14. G

New Member & New CX-9

I appreciate the responses. Looks like a cargo box will have to be my next investment. I was pretty sure it would be, but now I'm certain. Awesome! Thanks for sharing. It looks better than I thought it would.
  15. G

New Member & New CX-9

Thanks! It's funny, now that you guys have asked about the bumper trim, I have been looking at the other newer CX-9's and have yet to see another with it. I like that it adds a little more to the look without being too flashy (especially in the rear). Ha, sounds like we are in a similar...
  16. 20191030_133124-2.jpg

20191030_133124-2.jpg

17. 20191030_131217.jpg

20191030_131217.jpg

18. 20191030_131214.jpg

20191030_131214.jpg

19. 20191030_131202.jpg

20191030_131202.jpg

20. 20191030_131254.jpg

20191030_131254.jpg

Back