Search results

1. U

Cylinder Deactivation Update

This is a good attitude to have. If it works properly and doesn't cause anymore issues for, I will be happy.
  2. U

Yea you should see on the German CX-30 forum with the SkyActiv X, alot of them are having to have a modified super charger installed in place of the old one as the one from the factory is failing and causing "Chewbacca" noise as the Germans were saying.
  3. U

Also it appears Mazda is slowly pulling this tech out of the cars. At least they pulled it for the 2021 CX-30 as well as all 2021 Mazda 3's in Canada. In the USA they pulled it from CX-30 and left it only on the very top trim(Non-Turbo) Mazda 3 and possibly CX-5. Let's hope that is the case, I...
  4. U

Oops. I forgot the OP had a 2018 cx5. Regardless the cylinder head TSB is for all of them I think. They just should not have put this in any of them in my opinion
  5. U

April 19 2019 in Japan Edit: sorry I forgot this was for cx5. I have a 19 Mazda 3 with the 2.5
  6. U

Also, I don't know if anyone has struggled with this. But for a year I had terrible vibrations from being in two cylinder mode. Sometimes it would shake the car at 90 kmh while dropping to two cylinders(Constantly not just when switching) It also produced a low pitched rumbling sound along with...
  7. U

Just so you guys know with regards to the CD "feature". Mazda released a new service alert for the 2.5 with CD. They have been replacing the cylinder head(with new modified one) in cars that have failures due to CD. This was released after the recall and is a fairly recent development. Obviously...
  8. U

Issues I didn't expect from the new 2019 Mazda3

Hello all. I realize this is an old thread. However with regards to CD there is now a TSB out for engine vibration due to cylinder deactivation. It has to do with replacing the radiator mounting brackets with modified ones and updating software. While it did not get rid of the problem completely...
  9. U

lol Seth, even passenger trucks these days do not shake like this, in fact they are quite smooth. Maybe like one of the cube truck things. But I know exactly what you are talking about and I hate it. It's crossed my mind to rid myself of this car because of it......but how would you sell it...
  10. U

The vibration from being in cylinder deactivation makes this car feel like a POS . It really is not great to be vibrating down the road. Answer from Mazda so far has been "Normal Operation" AKA we don't know why it's doing that
  11. U

2019 Signature Vibration/Shake

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I have been having issues with vibrations and shimmying at those speeds(Mazda 3 2019) Mine appears to be related to Cylinder Deactivation vibration. Have you considered this?
Back