Search results

1. C

Firmware NA03_11040 For 10.25 Inch Widescreen Update CX-9

There is a 11048 version. ASH8 can help or I can send the file. Yes, you can easily do it yourself with a USB drive.
  2. C

Advice for first trip to indie mechanic? 2021 CX-5

If they charge you for the rotation, just an FYI, Discount Tire will rotate your tires for free.
  3. C

Advice for first trip to indie mechanic? 2021 CX-5

You also may want to consider an ATF change at that mileage. From what I have read, the lifetime fluid recommendation is not necessarily great for the longevity of the car. The dealer was very cryptic about it when I asked about it at my last oil change - 25k. I plan to have it changed at 30k...
  4. C

Reason #1 and #2 why it's better to change your own oil Vs a dealer

Agreed. Bought one myself last week off Amazon. Paid 17.34. Fit perfectly and looked exactly like the OEM one I removed.
  5. C

I am glad my dealer doesn't make these mistakes. I did have to reset my own maintenance minder this time, but that was no big deal.
  6. C

So long, Honda. Hello, Mazda!

You certainly burn through some cars....
  7. C

March 2024 7th generation Mazda Connect navigation map update

I wish I could help. No idea how they started coming to me. I didn't sign up anywhere.
  8. C

Navigation question for 2021 Mazda CX-5

I think we understand the update part. It was suggested that the last gen CX-9 had a different system without an SD card a few posts above. I seriously doubt this is true as all the recent Mazda infotainment systems with Nav use an SD card. Even the new CX-90 uses an SD card, so this pretty...
  9. C

So long, Honda. Hello, Mazda!

That will be an expensive repair - unless they are going to part it out.
  10. C

March 2024 7th generation Mazda Connect navigation map update

I got an email today saying there was a nav update out 3/21. Downloading it now on my aftermarket SD card. Toolbox works perfectly. This should be my last as my updates expire in May.
  11. C

Navigation question for 2021 Mazda CX-5

I would think they are exactly the same system, no?
  12. C

CX-5 Engine Cover Turbo Badges

The strange thing is if you go to the link for the engine cover- they show the Mazda emblem as a separate item for $12.65. They don't show the Skyactive badge though.
  13. C

Very cool they would do that for you.
  14. C

2024 CX-5 Tail light compatibility question

It's interesting on the website I linked above as they show both the 17-21 and 22-24 style lights in the listing. I wonder if the one could add the newer style outer light to the older car. Not sure about the wiring harness as the older ones don't have LED turn signals.
  15. C

2024 CX-5 Tail light compatibility question

Yes, it is identical from 22-24. Here is one which is really reasonable. https://www.cncest.com/products/outer-tail-light-taillamp-passenger-right-rh-led-for-2022-2023-mazda-cx5-cx-5?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwncWvBhD_ARIsAEb2HW-VGKqW9DUWFxjwDwYojKfOadYmECHx5qp4g_B3aIY6fHlZMO_8ywMaAmvKEALw_wcB
  16. C

2022 CX-5 Headlight issue

They are really magicians. Was the wheel cracked, or just curb rash? Also, if you have to replace one, many of the repair places sell refurbished wheels (or Ebay as well) for far less than a new one at the dealer. Just one example: $250 New 19" x 7" Replacement Wheel for Mazda CX5 2019 2020...
  17. C

At my wits end... *May contain complaints 😉

The stock tires are garbage. I would be willing to bet almost nobody buys them a second time.
  18. C

Your first inclination was correct (I specialized in poultry) ;)
  19. C

It doesn't make any difference at all. A hybrid is just that, a gasoline powered car with a battery to help increase economy. It's like saying you can't compare a turbocharged motor to an NA motor. The hybrid versions of the CR-V and RAV-4 are just variations of a theme to get more mileage...
Back