Search results

1. M

Looking for a 2014 CX-5 Hood Strut Kit

Bought these on Amazon several years ago. Easy to install & still work great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KC3CJ82/
  2. M

When to replace tires?

Yeah, one of my son's had a sidewall blow out from dry rot a number of years ago. It did some damage to the wheel well.
  3. M

When to replace tires?

Likewise time & mileage. I just dislike the OEM Toyo's. PA state inspection allows down to 2/32 but I always replace before then. I put Conti LX25 on my wife's 2018 Outback & have been very pleased with them. Probably will put them on my GTR. Either the Conti's or Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3.
  4. M

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

I replaced my outward rear headrests with first generation JDM headrests which are lower & help with rear vision while retaining rear headrests. It also makes folding the rear seats down better as the headrests don't hit the front seats as the original ones did.
  5. IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

6. M

Choices and thoughts on a 2024 CX-5 purchase

I have a 2019 CX-5 GTR, My wife has a 2018 Outback Limited & my son has a 2000 CRV Touring. My son wanted a GTR at the time but pandemic availability was almost non-existent. His Civic was totaled when his apartment parking lot flooded & he needed an immediate replacement. All three are nice...
  7. M

Mazda Canada OEM Liners vs All Weather Mats for slushy snowy salty areas?

Another vote for the OEM Canadian floor liners. 4 1/2 years and have been great.
  8. Metal Pedal Covers.JPG

Metal Pedal Covers.JPG

9. M

Parchment vs Black leather

The black headliner is one of the main reasons I passed on the Signature trim. The black headliner made it feel more claustrophobic to me.
  10. M

Strange thing at Mazda dealer: Tire rotation

One of my ex-coworkers used to mark his tires pre rotation request. He caught his Honda dealer 3 times charging for rotations they never did. He pointed out to them how he knew. They "apologized" after being caught & refunded the rotation fee. The third time he brought it to the dealerships...
  11. M

Strange thing at Mazda dealer: Tire rotation

Did they charge you for a rotation if they just "looked" at them?
  12. M

Reason #1 and #2 why it's better to change your own oil Vs a dealer

Good to know. I deal with the Young Mazda in Easton PA which also was been bought out by a larger entity. I've been apprehensive ever since. So far no problems.
  13. M

Apple CarPlay update (2016 CX-5)

My 2019 GTR came with CarPlay but I've done the infotainment updates myself via files offered by members on this forum. My son who has a 2016 Mazda3 had the same infotainment OS version you mentioned. In addition to the OS version needing to be updated you also need a part which replaces the USB...
  14. M

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Yeah, that's why I make them PRINT IT OUT & I will sit there and SLOWLY read it until I'm satisfied. After the first time some "extra" dollars appeared in the paperwork before I signed it, this is what I do. The Honda dealer tried to do that to my son on an iPad & said we'll send you a copy...
  15. M

2019 CX-5 Brake light flashing after 2 week vacation

Just did my original 2019 GTR battery a couple weeks ago with the Costco Interstate battery. Easy enough swap took maybe 15 minutes. When I had the vehicle serviced in late summer I was told the original battery was definitely well below original capacity. FWIW I asked the Mazda dealer what it...
  16. M

CX-5 Radio DAB Reception

Definitely worse FM reception than my last 3 VW's or my wife's Outback in our immediate area.
  17. M

Mazda Replacement Parts Origin?

It's Colombia not Columbia My son who is getting married in a couple weeks has a shirt with that on it. His future MIL & her family are from Colombia & he bought the shirt when visiting there with his fiancé a few years ago. Sorry for going off topic.
  18. M

CX-5 Door Handle Weirdness

Child lock setting switch which disables interior door handle in door jamb when door is open. Check switch position for both rear doors.
  19. M

How many miles on your CX-5 turbo?

And I thought my 2019 GTR has low miles, 13,850 miles & I'll have it 4 years in 2 weeks.
  20. M

New 2024 CX-5 Build and Upgrades

I definitely recommend the floor liners. I've had them going on 4 years. I also have the hood struts. There are 2 listings on Amazon of what look to be the identical struts from the same company. The ones I have are $11 cheaper. I don't see any difference & the ones I have listed below have been...
Back