Search results

1. rockethead26

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yeah, I don't know if I would give up that 0.001 sec of acceleration or that 0.001 MPG for just a convenient way to hold my hood up. 😁
  2. rockethead26

2018 CX-5 - Warning lights on dash

On the second gauge pic posted.
  3. rockethead26

What Other Cars Do You Have Beside Your CX-5?

2007 Prius, still going strong.
  4. Prius in zion.JPG

Prius in zion.JPG

5. rockethead26

Key ID Number plate with new 2024 CX-5?

I would imagine, yes, but it would be quicker to just call the dealer.
  6. rockethead26

Should the back up camera have an alert?

Don't forget that we all have eyes and rear view mirrors which are the most reliable safety alerts.
  7. rockethead26

Anyone with Michelin CC2 or Falken Wildpeak tires get less mpg or excessive road noise?

Went to down to 8x18" wheels with 235 Falken Wildpeaks on my '19 GT-R and mileage is the same at 24-25 mpg. Maybe a little more noise than the stock Toyos, but not intrusive, but amazing snow, wet, dry and gravel road performance.
  8. rockethead26

CX-5 Beauty Shot Thread

Lately, there have been a lot of shots worthy of a "How to make your Mazda CX-5 look like a sad, sad, lonely car stuck in the shadows" thread than a "my beautiful new CX-5 boasting" thread.😁
  9. rockethead26

Which tire would you choose?

OP said that he needs only one tire. The new one has to match a tire with 25K miles on it. Hard to do.
  10. rockethead26

Anyone have their navigation get them lost or almost in a wreck?

Make sure that you do not have "Shortest Route" selected as it can lead to some very interesting back roads and neighborhoods. "Quickest Route" is the favored selection most of the time.
  11. rockethead26

Took a screw in my 7 month old Falken Wildpeak AT Tires

I got a low tire warning when I started my car today and figured it was the typical 2 psi low and I didn't check after getting to work because I would just fill it up at home later in the day. Just before leaving for lunch, I received an email from a coworker who noticed a very low tire on my...
  12. rockethead26

2013~2016 My CX-5 LED high beams are terrible

Just as a reference, my upper light cutoff is just below the rear window of most cars in front of me on level road and the headlight level of oncoming cars. I can see all the cars I want or need to see. I live at 7000 feet and drive on mountain roads all the time without a problem. It is my...
  13. rockethead26

I'm at a loss, because I can plainly see the rise in the road with your brights on in the first set of images that I cannot see with your low beams on. The Mazda lights are shielded on top so that you don't blind drivers in front of you either coming at you or leading you. The light is thrown...
  14. rockethead26

It's hard to tell the difference as your camera is most likely adjusting the exposure on one or both of the images. I can definitely see the beam throwing farther on the high beam images which is what they should do.
  15. rockethead26

Kudos to AutoZone for battery change

Ah, sorry. I didn't even know the auto window function was in the back seats. I'm never back there. I'm sure I will have to reset those as well.
  16. rockethead26

I checked my trip odometers today and they are still there and my maintenance schedule is still there but I did need to do the front windows auto up/down resets. That took 5 seconds each. That's the only thing I've discovered so far. No driving anomalies, so I'm still a very happy camper.
  17. rockethead26

I was thinking the same thing, maybe an hour's worth of volatile memory.
  18. rockethead26

No, nothing at all. Disconnected negative then positive.
  19. rockethead26

Yeah, it was 1) remove the safety harness, 2) disconnect terminals, 3) remove the padded liner 4) lift out battery then the reverse steps. No drama.
  20. rockethead26

I went to Auto Zone at 7:30 this morning (their opening time) to buy and have them install a Duralast Group 35 Gold battery in my 2019 GT-R. My OEM battery is 3 1/2 years old and functioned fine, but I'm a believer in beating the dead battery syndrome for a few bucks a year. The woman who...
Back