Search results

1. mreg376

Side rail installation

Getting a CX-5 Sig (if I can find one). The ones I've seen have no side rails. Are dealers generally competent enough to install OEM side rails? Can it be done by me, assuming I have basic mechanical skills? Are third-party side rails better? Thanks for any info.
  2. mreg376

Factory ordering accessories

Is there a list somewhere of which accessories can be or must be installed at the factory (or port)? I'm not a fan of dealer installs of anything (although this will be my first Mazda and first experience with Mazda dealers), and would like to know what accessories can be ordered with a factory...
  3. mreg376

Factory ordering accessories (Reposted In Acc)

Sorry -- moved to accessories forum...
  4. mreg376

Test drove 2019 CX-5. Disappointed

Well, after doing much research, watching all the YouTube reviews, and basically deciding that the 2020 Signature would be my next vehicle after my Jeep Cherokee lease expires in July, I took a test drive of a 2019 Signature yesterday. The CX-5 is off my list. I found it to be cramped, not...
  5. mreg376

2020 infotainment

In another part of this forum someone posted something about the 2020's indicating that the touch screen will go to 8". Does anyone have a theory about whether it will be 8" with the same crappy system or a brand new system, like the Mazda 3?
  6. mreg376

Winter/Snow tires

I'm planning on getting my first CX-5. I have a cabin in Northeast Pennsylvania, and it gets quite snowy and icey and freezing cold. I'd be interested in knowing people's impressions of how the CX-5 performs under those conditions, from those who stick with the all-seasons and also from those...
  7. mreg376

XM reception

I have had XM radios for 20 years, and have always had excellent reception, until my current 2017 Jeep Cherokee, which has poor reception of XM's urban area terrestrial repeaters. I don't want to get into a "I hate XM/I love XM" debate, but I would appreciate if people can give me their...
  8. mreg376

High Speed Driving

Not that I condone law-breaking, but I do tend to do a bit of high-speed driving (80's+), on dry pavement of course. Can anyone tell me how the CX-5 performs generally at high speed?
  9. mreg376

Ordering a CX-5

Has anyone done a factory order for a CX-5? If so, how's the experience, and the pricing? Thanks.
  10. mreg376

OEM Trailer Hitch

If you order a CX-5 with the trailer hitch, is that installed at the factory, the port, or the dealer? Thanks.
Back