Search results

1. mreg376

Disappointments / missing things in your CX-5?

To participate in a discussion is not whining. Unless you're the first person driving a vehicle to find that it is absolutely perfect.
  2. mreg376

Disappointments / missing things in your CX-5?

In the Jeep it's not the number of speeds that is the problem, but rather the design of the ZF transmissions. I had one in my Jeep Cherokee, and it was a horror.
  3. mreg376

Side rail installation

Very, ummm, nice looking video. And informative too! :)
  4. mreg376

Side rail installation

Getting a CX-5 Sig (if I can find one). The ones I've seen have no side rails. Are dealers generally competent enough to install OEM side rails? Can it be done by me, assuming I have basic mechanical skills? Are third-party side rails better? Thanks for any info.
  5. mreg376

New competitor: 2021 Toyota Venza

No optional V6. In the US at least, one powertrain only -- hybrid.
  6. mreg376

Replace the inserts, not the entire wipers

I don't agree, unless you're in a weather environment where you have to change wipers constantly. I have given up on changing the inserts only, as I have found that over time the actual wiper blades lose tension and the ability to keep the rubber evenly on the windshield. I have found that the...
  7. mreg376

Poll Did you choose the CX-5 over a German SUV?

That's your contribution to this thread?
  8. mreg376

GT-R (turbo) vs. Hybrid CR-V ??

Yes, I noticed that. And I've found Alex to one of the most informative and accurate reviewers on YouTube.
  9. mreg376

Factory ordering accessories (Reposted In Acc)

Btw, this guy is a mechanical engineer who makes excellent videos on all aspects of car-related engineering subjects. Worth watching on a regular basis.
  10. mreg376

Lease Ending for My 2017 CX5 GT

Umm, I can see not wanting to PAY for the turbo, but how can anyone who drives a car "not care" for a more powerful engine?
  11. mreg376

Factory ordering accessories

Haha yes. The answers to those pitches must always be no! My current lease is up in July, so I guess I'll start the process in May. Thanks again.
  12. mreg376

Thanks for the info! Can you give me a little insight about the ordering process? How long it took, was the dealer happy to do it, were you able to get any discounts, etc? Thanks again.
  13. mreg376

Is there a list somewhere of which accessories can be or must be installed at the factory (or port)? I'm not a fan of dealer installs of anything (although this will be my first Mazda and first experience with Mazda dealers), and would like to know what accessories can be ordered with a factory...
  14. mreg376

Factory ordering accessories (Reposted In Acc)

Sorry -- moved to accessories forum...
  15. mreg376

Insurance Ripoffs

This is a ridiculous thread. There are MANY variables to an insurance rate, including the COVERAGE purchased, the drivers' credit ratings, the drivers' driving records, the geographic location, etc. This original post is worth nothing, and the replies even less.
  16. mreg376

2017~2024 Condesation rear lamp in new CX 5

Why they would think it is the lamp or wire harness is beyond me. They're idiots. It's obvious that the lamp housing/module is not sealed properly. Make them replace the entire module.
  17. mreg376

Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

And the Rav4 Hybrid also has some cold-starting issues.
  18. mreg376

2020 Consumer Reports Reliability Rankings of CX-5 and a few competitors

I also thought CR's analysis showing reduced reliability right after a vehicle was redesigned was interesting, and quite plausible.
  19. mreg376

2017~2024 Noisy CX-5 GT

I had the same experience when I recently test drove a 2019 Sig. I made the mistake of saying so in a post, and was attacked as a troll by certain members of this forum. So be aware...
  20. mreg376

Test drove 2019 CX-5. Disappointed

Actually I never saw the point of folding the mirrors, either automatically or manually, and I live in tight-spaced NYC. When the mirrors are in their normal position other cars and bikes have to steer clear of them, which actually protects the sides of your vehicle. If the mirrors are folded...
Back