Search results

1. I

2010 Mazda3S - water leak? Found moisture in spare tire well

Wondering what the cause of this could be - it's never had a moisture issue before. My wife accidentally broke the roof antenna while removing snow. I taped it together using gorilla tape. I recently opened the cover to the spare tire compartment and noticed moisture in the mat under the...
  2. I

2.5 NA Cracked Cylinder Head with Oil leaking...How common is this?

Edmaz, are you talking about the public Mazda CX-5 Facebook group? There is also a private one. I searched the public one and there were no hits on Cracked Cylinder Head.
  3. I

Ugh...Tired of seeing the CX-5 everywhere

Today, I saw 5 other CX-5s within a minute!
  4. I

Windshield Cowl Drain Clogged

Was that the correct link? I saw how to remove the panel behind the passenger side sill, and how to clean out leaves; but not how to unclog the drain tube. Would it be ok to carefully use a coat hanger?
  5. I

2010 Mazda3 S Grand Touring Hatchback inspection

We’re choosing to ignore the sensor. The door is still locked and won’t open accidentally. It depends whether you think $300 is worth it To fix the issue.
  6. I

I wish I could turn off cylinder deactivation

I have averaged about 32-33 mpg per the display on long trips driving 65-70 on the interstate.
  7. I

Ugh...Tired of seeing the CX-5 everywhere

Lots of CX-5s in Northern VA. But they are still outnumbered by CR-Vs and RAV-4s.
  8. I

Dashboard Display Settings

I feel your pain. It's hard to remember all these settings especially when we get older!
  9. I

2010 Mazda3 S Grand Touring Hatchback inspection

My wife is the original owner of a 2010 3S hatchback. No real problems except for random electrical problems that involve the door sensors indicating a door (usually the front passenger side door) is open. Shutting the door by pulling it harder works. Other than that, no real problems with...
  10. I

Fuel gauge accuracy?

I ran my CX-5 until the low fuel warning light illuminated and I filled up with 12.4 gallons when the gauge said only 5 miles remained. So it appears that there were almost 3 gals of fuel left in the tank. Does this sound right? I didn't add much extra fuel when the gas pump clicked off, only...
  11. I

Auto Climate Control fixed at two-bar fan speed?

My 2018 maxes out the fan speed in the situation you described.
  12. I

MPG Gauge Blue Line Question

I’m not sure the blue mark has ever moved in my experience. After a fill up on a long trip, the mpg starts in the low twenties and slowly increases to around 32.5 the longer I drive. I have seen 33.x mpg, but not in awhile.
  13. I

Where is the knock sensor on a SkyActiv 2.5L engine?

Hope my wife’s 2010 Mazda 3S 2.5L engine lasts that long. It only has 40k miles on it now.
  14. I

2018 CX5 issue with emissions test

No issues in VA.
  15. I

Simple, customizable trunk storage

@hal2 - is that a clear cargo cover in the first pic? Where did you get that?
  16. I

Stuck in the snow? Don't do this!

Possibly. If it were me, I would’ve opened the door and escaped where the flames were the lowest.
  17. I

2017~2024 No auto hold after smooth stop?

Same thing has happened to me since I like to coast up to red lights and save my brakes. I always kept my foot on the brake in case the auto hold didn’t engage. I think the firm press solves the issue although I didn’t really think about it until seeing this post.
  18. I

2017~2024 CX-5 Trailer Hitch recommendations?

There’s no way I’m using that hitch strap. Athough I’m glad someone found this in the Curt fine print. I have the class 3, 2” receiver version. I have the Yakima Ridgeback 4 bike rack and it’s been stable with two road bikes loaded. I’d be afraid the hitch strap would damage the spoiler. I...
  19. I

2017~2024 CX-5 Maintenance Reminder/Oil Change due - Last Oil Change @ 3,179 mi

Thanks YRWEL52. I booked an appointment with a reputable independent shop to do this oil change since due to the pandemic, I don't have access to my parents' garage. I have a WIX 57002 filter so I'll try using it instead of my extra Mobile 1 108A filter.
Back