Search results

1. Pitter

When does the CX-5 Rear axel engage?

I'm curious to know when the rear axel engages when starting up a steep incline. Also is there some sort of progressive engagement or is the engagement just on/off?
  2. Pitter

Dumb Camera Question (2020 CX-5)

Where is the camera on the rear of the car? Sometimes the image is foggy from dirt and I need to clean it.
  3. Pitter

CX-5 Self Healing Mirrors?

The other day I was driving on a two lane street in the city of Cali during rush hour. I was in the left lane and the right lane next to me was packed with motorcycles ("motos"). From a stop I moved forward as the traffic infront of me moved. Suddenly I heard a load "whack" and saw my passenger...
  4. Pitter

Worst Accessery Purchase

That I have made was the purchase of the roof cargo bars. As they are rounded at the ends there is no way to anchor a load such as 2x4s so that it can't slide from side to side. A useless design that I unfortunaetly didm't analyze before purchase. Big waste of money!
  5. Pitter

Intermittent power from USB port (2020 CX-5)

Something must be loose. The power delivered to the dedicated cel phone recepticle in the center console is intermittent and much affected by bumpy roads. I don't use it that often to charge my phone but I do like to use it with WAZE. Unfortunately the system sort of toggles between connected...
  6. Pitter

CX-5 Signature Vs Audi Q3

Wondering is the 2020 Signature might be comparable to the Audi Q3. I see there are many versions of the Q3 in different countries but my query is limited to Colombia where the hottest version probably isn't sold. So I am wondering, if comparison is legitiimate what the Q3 might have over the...
  7. Pitter

2020 CX-5 Traction Question

Not a problem but just curious. When I am climbing a steep dirt road (and the rear axel is presumably engaged for the steepness) and I encounter kind of a slick wet hole where the left rear tire begins to spin will one of the front wheels also produce drive or can a single rear wheel spin by it...
  8. Pitter

Bad Cell Phone USB Port?

The cel phone USB port in the center console of my 2020 Signature seems to be bad. When I have it connected to the phone in order to use WAZE it cuts in and out. I have tried using different cables in case that was the culprit but no difference. The problem started after about a year. It seems...
  9. Pitter

CX-5 Radio Shut Off?

I was sitting in the car listening to the radio without the engine running and after maybe fifteen minutes it shut off. I suppose the idea is to not run the battery down. Is that true?
  10. Pitter

Mazda Replacement Parts Origin?

When Mazda replaces important components (recent example control arms and front shock absorbers) on my car do these come from the original suppliers to the assembly of new vehicles or are they aftermarket products produced elsewhere (typically China)?
  11. Pitter

Check Engine Light And Other Warnings (2020 CX-5)

I've just read the the "Check Engine Light" thread below and I may heve the same issue, However there's more, The message about Smart City Brake Support came on followed by a warning about the front camera. Concureently the check engine light is on. The worst however is that when all these...
  12. Pitter

CX-5 Door Handle Weirdness

The interior door handle on the passenger side rear door won't open the door. The outside handle for that door works fine. All doors unlocked. What's up?
  13. Pitter

CX-5 Feels squirrelly

My Signature has started to feel slightly squirrly as if I have a really low tire somewhere but all four are at correct pressure. There is some clunking on the rough unpaved road I drive over daily I think from the right front but not sure. I'm wondering if some suspension component has come...
  14. Pitter

CX-5 Radio Volume went silent. Help!

About an hour ago the volume for the radio (probably phone too) went silent. Could I have touched something to mute it? Trying everything I could I found the station search function doesn't work either. Have there been radio/volume issues with the infotainment system? More importantly is there...
  15. Pitter

CX-5 Turbo Engine Idling question

How long would you leave the engine idling with the AC on in hot weather? What risk to engine?
  16. Pitter

CX-5 AWD Traction

I watched a YouTube video of a test of a 2023 with the "Off Road" feature. It apparently prevented wheelspin and loss of traction when the car climbed a short quite steep slope that the testers said had a damp or wet surface. It was impressive but I've found my car without the new feature will...
  17. Pitter

CX-5 Surviving Rough Roads

In August I will have had my Signature, purchased in 2019 for four years. Taking into account the 3.7 miles of rough unpaved road I drive more or less daily (to get to paved road and back) and taking time out for some trips I estimate about 1250 miles a year on rough road. There are now after...
  18. Pitter

Using Second Gear Down Long Hill

This has been discussed before and I apologise but I've forgot and can't find the thread. Is using engine breaking (such as it is with the automatic) on a long downhill stretch deletirious to the engine in any way (though applying the brake when it reaches 3500 RPM or so)?
  19. Pitter

Sluggish Downshift Circumstances (2020 CX-5)

I have a 2020 Signature with which I am generally pleased as punch but I have been caught completely off guard too many times when trying to pass slow moving trucks without having engaged "Sport Mode". Typically I am following said slow moveing truck uphill with the transmission having shifted...
  20. Pitter

CX-5 Driving Comparison Turbo vs Non

I happily own a 2020 Signature Turbo but I'm curious. Does anyone here have experience driving both versions? How would you compare the driving experience, regarding acceleration and so on?
Back