Search results

1. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 CX-9 A-Pillar Trim Removal tips?

They don't pull or lift out. Any tips? Mitchell's is very vague and one listing says "pull" while another says "lift", then another says you need to turn the upper clip? Just need it out of the way to run some wiring and re-route an old wire I ran across the air bag.
  2. Bronco Boy

2016~2023 Lowering CX-9 using Mazda6 suspension

I know there was talk about this a while back, so it might be useful.....
  3. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 CX-9 Headunit Upgrade

Finally got around to getting my new headunit installed. Bought it a few months ago, and due to health issues, decided to swallow my pride and have a pro the install. Nothing like sitting around for hours waiting for this to be ready. :) Parts used: Kenwood DDX9707S headunit Metra 99-7516B...
  4. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Rear A/C Noise

I have a random "clunk" that comes from my rear A/C. Sounds like a vent door getting stuck, then slamming closed/open. Doesn't do it all the time, but enough to be annoying, and loud. I was able to prevent it by disabling the rear HVAC, but after using it over the winter, now it is shut off...
  5. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Low Coolant Level Sensor

For those that have installed an engine coolant level sensor, can you share how you did it and what kit or parts you used.
  6. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Bluetooth Control Module Location

Hoping somebody can confirm the location of the bluetooth controller on a 2009. A previous article here for a 2015 puts it next to the steering column, and my Mitchell's and audio install guide put in "above right kickpanel". Who has put their eyes on this part and can confirm its location?
  7. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 CX-9 Ignition Key Cover Differences?

Is there anybody out there with a first gen CX-9 that does not have the smart-key system, and uses a regular blade key to start the vehicle? I am looking for an image of your ignition cylinder cover. I want to see how they differ from the keyless version. Here is mine, which (originally) uses...
  8. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Changing From Smart-Key Fob To Chip Key

Tired of my smart-key fob not working, so considering going old skool with chip keys. Has anybody tossed their credit card style smart-key fob in the garbage and gone to a chip key? I need to make sure it is possible before I go down this path. My Mazda dealer doesn't think it is possible...
  9. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 CX-9 Smart Key Light...Flashing Red?

Searched the net and manuals but couldn't find my answer. On the key-fob, the red led flashes at different rates, and I am curious on what it is trying to tell me. When it is communicating with the vehicle, it flashes every 6 seconds or so. This morning I noticed it flashing rapidly, about 3 or...
  10. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Adding CX-9 Hood Struts

Who out there has put hood struts on their first gen CX-9? I see a few kits out there, but don't like where they locate the struts. Might try and replicate this kit: https://allegro.pl/oferta/silowniki-teleskopy-maski-zestaw-mazda-cx-9-i-tb-10460783065
  11. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 CX-9 Rear Park Lamp Inoperative...Fixable?

This morning I noticed that my left rear inner park lamp was out. I know these are factory LED, so there may not be anything that can be done, but has anybody had their's go out and were you able to fix it? I suspect I may be looking for a full replacement.
  12. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Power Liftgate stopped working properly, thoughts?

2009 GT. The power liftgate has been working good for the past year, then today when I got home, press the dash button to open it, it opens about 6", beeps, then slowly drops and latches shut. I thought maybe I was to close to the garage door, so I moved, and the same thing happened. Opened...
  13. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 CX-9 Address Book Sync With iPhone

2009 CX-9 Grand Touring w/Bose iPhone 11 Tried (for the first time) to sync my iPhone address book with the car, and all I got was "failed to sync". Tried 4 more times with the same result. Any ideas what else one can do?
  14. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Lowered CX-9

Been a long wait, but finally got the 9 lowered. I started researching this topic over a year ago when I first bought her, and bought the coils back in March. Life then threw me a curve ball, so I had to put this topic on the backburner. Thankfully I was able to get them installed this week (a...
  15. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Rear Caliper Bolts

I did my brakes on the weekend, and one thing needs to be clarified. On the rears, on the caliper bolts, one has a rubber guide and one doesn't. I was motoring and didn't pay attention to the location they came out of. Both bolts are identical except for this guide. Question: does it matter if...
  16. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 iPod Connector

I used the iPod conector (hanging in the glove box) last week. Went to use it the other day and the iPod was dead. Can anybody confirm that the connector does not charge an iPod device when connected?
  17. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Fog Light Beam Pattern

Bit of a long shot, but does anybody have a picture showing the beam of their fog lights? I recently installed some LED bulbs, and am now noticing a strange dark area on the left side..... Also, when I look at the car head on, the left light appears to a tiny bit brighter, almost like the LED...
  18. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Lowering Springs

Who's done it? Looking to see if there are any negative effects (vibration etc). I grabbed some H&R springs, but want to make sure there are no issues when lowering these rides.
  19. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Fuel Door Release

Has anybody had their fuel door release stay in the "open" position? Mine is that way, and was so when I bought the car last summer. When you pull the release lever, that all appears to work properly. I suspect that the end of the cable that latches to the fuel door is jammed in it's sleeve...
  20. Bronco Boy

2007~2015 Spark Plugs

Looking at new spark plugs, so wondering if the 3.7 prefers a certain brand or style. Had good luck with iridium in the past on other engines. Open to suggestions, so I only have to do this job once. :)
Back