Search results

1. T

2019 CX-5 Turbo Spark plug change at 32000 miles

A little hint from my plug changing experience, I bought the NGK's from O'reilly's and pretty much followed the posts and a couple YouTube vids and it went fairly smooth till the car wouldn't start, I thought it might be plugs (having read a few posts about boot leg plugs) so installed the old...
  2. T

I emailed Mazda USA on synthetic oil for turbo engines

I thought I saw something about Mazda recommending Castrol Synthetic as a option in the Owners manual. I'll have to look around to see where that came from. I have used Pennzoil Platinum since 3000 miles and have had no issues and have never had to add a drop between changes, for 42000 miles on...
  3. T

Has anyone gotten damage driving over debris?

Hit a wooden block about 5 inches high by 2 ft long, couldn't avoid it as a car was right next to me. It got kicked up by the tire and damaged the right fender and door.😡
  4. T

Detailing product for the trim?

I used the cerakote a couple of years ago on my 2 yr old CX5 and it left a shiny black on the cladding, you have to make sure you put it on evenly or it will look streaky and once it's on I don't think you can take it off. It's still on including the couple of spots that were left streaky, like...
  5. T

DIY Engine oil change and Manufacturer Warranty

"dont forget to get new o-ring for the oil plug when changing the oil." The drain plug uses a crush washer.
  6. T

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I had a few few larger chips in my 2019 pearl white and had it repainted. Dealer wanted over $900. and I had it done by one of the top rated body shops for under $500. Have not seen a chip in 8 months.🤞
  7. T

Door sill protection

I went with these on my white CX5. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087P9GKJC/ I originally had the stainless steel ones but a couple of them started peeling up so I replaced them with these and I think they look a lot better.
  8. T

How many miles on your CX-5 turbo?

23000 miles, only problem was having the ecu reprogrammed for the cold weather performance. Have not had any oil usage problems, stick shows full from oil change to oil change.
  9. T

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

Pretty much the exact same experience I had, had to check to see that it wasn't my post. Ha ha.
  10. T

2019 CX-5 Signature, whistling noise on highway or high speeds

I went through about 40 to 50 miles of a strong sand/wind storm last week in Cal/AZ and never heard it so it appears to be working.
  11. T

Update: took a leaf blower and put it close to the door around the areas mentioned in the above post referring to https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10201775-0001.pdf and noticed a distinct difference in the pitch of the sound (probably should of had someone else do it while I was...
  12. weatherseal.jpg

weatherseal.jpg

13. seal.jpg

seal.jpg

14. T

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

I just took mine in today, showed them the TSB and got the "we will have to run a complete diagnostic on it to see if we find the problem". I explained to him that it was a programing problem which it even states in the TSB, not so much a diagnostic problem. Then I got the "it could be a couple...
  15. 20211226_092656.jpg

20211226_092656.jpg

16. 20211226_091921.jpg

20211226_091921.jpg

17. T

New CX-5, high pitched whine at 80 km/h (50 mph)

I had the exact same noise and it only happened a few times, high wind going around 70 mph, thought maybe a door wasn't fully shut, couldn't really repeat it but had to be coming around the door. Took a leaf blower and put it close to the door around the areas mentioned in the above post...
  18. T

Any reason I should not leave the USB drive in the USB port permanently?

I leave mine in for weeks at a time, only effect seems to be a little slower loading of infotainment screen, because it loads the thumbdrive, bluetooth phone, nav..
  19. T

Infotainment ver. 74.00.230A

Updated to 74 a couple days ago and don't notice anything different, maybe even seems a little slower. I use a thumb drive for music so maybe it's just slower loading that, will have to try it without it and see. Update: Tried it without the thumbdrive and it does seem a bit quicker to load...
  20. T

That YouTube vid is spot on to the noise my 2019 GTR makes. I have only heard it probably 4 times since I have had the car, but never returned it to dealer (still hasn't been to one) as would probably not be able to replicate it. The first time I was in Colorado and there was a blizzard and as...
Back