Search results

1. S

Love the CX-5, hate the seats...Any way to make them better?

Giving some serious thought to selling the wife’s ‘19 cx5 touring for only one reason...the seats. Other than a sunroof that randomly exploded (and was covered by Mazda), we haven’t had a single problem in 16 months/37k miles. It gets good mileage, is reasonably fun to drive, and has low...
  2. S

2019 CX-5...When to service transmission?

At about 26k miles on our ‘19 touring awd, and am planning on having front transfer case and rear differential oils changed at 30k (with next engine oil service). Might it be a good idea to have the transmission serviced at the same time? Thinking more along lines of drain, refill, and filter...
  3. S

2017~2024 Any bolt-in seat upgrades?

I know the seat issue has been beaten to death, and I am also not a fan of the stock seats in our ‘19 touring. Not sure exactly what the issue is, but feel like I’m sitting “on” the seats as opposed to “in” them, if that makes any sense. Has anyone looked into whether there is a “bolt-in” seat...
  4. S

Exploding sunroof...wtf?!

was on my way back to NorCal from Las Vegas earlier today with the wife in our 19 cx5 touring. About an hour outside of town, with no warning or any sort of impact, the damn sunroof just exploded! Needless to say the loud noise followed by a glass shower scared the crap out of us. Upon closer...
  5. S

Rx8 18s on our 19 cx5

Rx8 18s on our 19 cx5 Hopefully the pic works... Factory rx8 18 wheels (18x8 et50) powder-coated black with 235/60/18 continental truecontact tours. Wheels only weigh 21.5 lbs, so with 26 lb contis was able to keep weight similar to stock 17s, if not a pound or two lighter. Will take more...
  6. S

Rx8 wheels? Gonna give it a try...

Any pics of rx-8 wheels on a 2nd gen cx5? Just picked up a set (18x8, 50mm offset, 67.1 centerbore) and gonna give them a try with some new 235/60/18 tires to replace the stock touring 17s. So hard to find a clean 5-spoke wheel these days, and unfortunately my previous Ferrari wheel experiment...
  7. S

2017~2024 How bad are the stock Yoko g91s in snow?

How bad are the stock Yoko g91s in snow? Got about 17k miles on our 19 with stock 225/65/17 Yokohama Geolander g91a tires. Most everything Ive read about these tires online states how incredibly terrible they are in various conditions. We bought our cx5 awd new in June so havent had a chance...
  8. S

Possible to add memory driver seat?

Is it possible to add driver seat/mirror memory to a 19 touring awd? Obviously would be cost prohibitive if all new wiring, etc were needed, but hoping that maybe a new driver seat with memory controls and a software flash would do the trick. Anybody know?
  9. S

Ferrari wheel experiment failed (sorta)

Came across a good deal on some staggered 5-spoke 19s from a late model Ferrari California, and figured Id try them out on my ladys 19 cx5 awd touring. Neat thing about late model Ferrari wheels (458/California/612/etc) is that they share the exact same bolt pattern & centerbore as the cx5 and...
  10. S

Anyone running 245f/275r tires?

Went ahead and bought some wheels for our 19 awd touring that seemed too cool at the time, but am running into some tire size issues. Set is staggered and rears are 19x10, so it appears my only tire choices to keep same diameter all around would be 245/50/19 up front and 275/45/19 in back...
  11. S

Weight of 2nd gen sport/touring 17 wheels?

Weight of 2nd gen sport/touring 17 wheels? Anyone know the weight of the 17 wheels on sport and touring models? Still on the search for new wheels but dont want to increase unsprung weight over what came stock on our 19 touring
  12. S

How wide can I go in back?

Car is a 19 touring awd. I dont really want to go much wider than stock, but found a set of wheels that might fit and are almost too cool to pass up. Im sure the front wheels would fit no problem with 225 or 235mm tires, but rears would likely require a 275 mm tire (or minimum 265mm)...all about...
  13. S

Wheel weight Qs and how if affects mpg?

Wheel weight Qs and how if affects mpg? 1. Does anyone know weight of stock touring 17 wheels? 2. Anyone know weight of the 19 pizza wheels? 3. Anyone switched from one of the above to the other? And how did it affect gas mileage? Have the 17s on our new touring awd , and out of the gate mpg...
  14. S

CX-5 Exhaust tip pics?

Anyone thats changed or upgraded their exhaust and/or muffler tips on a 17-19 cx5, could you please post pics and details? Havent decided which way to go...3.5 or 4 tips and whether or not to go straight or with a slight turndown
  15. S

Extended warranty cost?

Anybody know what extended warranties run on a new cx5? Any recommendations on where to buy at a discounted price? Thanks
  16. S

Any high mileage 18-up cx5s out there?

Any high mileage 18-up cx5s out there? About to pick up a 19 touring awd that will be seeing a lot of miles (30-35k per year). Only recently came across the cylinder deactivation/rocket arm issues, but still went with a new 19 for the CarPlay, center vent, lighted switches, etc and lack of...
Back