Search results

1. T

CX-5 Brake issue at 17,000 miles

Just back from the dealer, wasn't expecting this. Thanks Hawke for the TSB you posted. I told them about it and they were aware and stated my rotors matched the bulletin so they went ahead and replaced even though 2 months out of warranty as good will. This was my first time at this dealership...
  2. IMG_5179.PNG

IMG_5179.PNG

3. T

not so "easy" when out of warranty..
  4. T

hope you are right. Why would the front rotors look so clean compared to the rear? The car doesn't sit for long stretches , just not driven far distances.
  5. T

front rotor fluid down a bit, but if pads were worn down, wouldn't fluid be a lot lower?
  6. IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5167.JPG

7. IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

8. T

yup, RI. I'm confused because front rotors are smooth, no pitting. Are you saying the pitting could be from corrosion and nothing to do with brake pad wear? Taking in to dealer on Wednesday.
  9. T

rear rotors, wife's car, should have paid more attention. Those rotors are toast..right? 17k miles, what do you think happened? Would not lubing slide pin cause this? edit: front rotors both are smooth.
  10. IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

11. IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

12. T

I wouldn't do it myself. 2months out of warranty, is it worth going to a dealer? or just take to my mechanic. I googled Mazda Brake warranty and I'm seeing lifetime pad warranty(no labor) as long as original owner, but that doesn't seem right. With only 17k miles and no city driving, no way...
  13. T

2019 GTR. I'm hearing a high pitched sound(not really that loud) when driving that appear to be coming from rear. When I tap the brakes it goes away, then comes back. It starts after driving for a little while. I noticed the front rotors where slightly warm to the touch after a short 5 mile...
  14. T

CX-5 Airbag light flashing after window left open

24 hours, but very sunny the following day and used hair dryer as well. No codes needed to be reset.
  15. T

update: If anyone cares, lol. Sunny all day, but also user hair dryer on seat. System seems to be working now! No more flashing airbag light on the dash and the passenger indicator light(airbag off) turns on when the ignition is switched on, then the light turns off after a few seconds. Then...
  16. T

update: tried it out this morning. When I start the car, passenger seatbelt light symbol stays on above climate control. Airbag light on dash does not blink..UNTIL I sit in the passenger's seat, then the passenger airbag/off symbol lights up above climate control. So, when a person is actually...
  17. T

would driver side activate with the flashing airbag light, I assume it's code 16(1 flash followed by 6). It doesn't remain lit after the flashes, just repeats itself every 5 seconds.
  18. T

2019, passenger side window left open and it rained. Airbag light flashes once then a few seconds later flashes 6 times. I'm assuming a sensor. Is there anything I could be doing right now? Hair dryer? What should I be focusing on under the seat? It's a few months out of 3 year warranty. What...
  19. T

Price for 15K mile service?

I've owned many new vehicles and a dealer hasn't touched any of them except minor warranty issues. Any xxx mile service they charge is a rip off.
  20. T

CX-5 Brake fluid low...Question

Was it to the max line when purchased? Others have stated their level has not dropped from the max line. Mine was about the same level as yours before I topped off. edit: why do you think this is normal? I don't think I ever had to add brake fluid to any vehicle I owned.
Back