Search results

1. M

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Finished the oil pan reseal on Thrs evening then let it sit until this morning to refill with fresh oil. No leaks. Wasn't too hard, just a bit difficult getting the residual sealant off the pan. I had to soak it in a bit of wd-40 over night and brush/pick away.
  2. M

Replaced the rear drum shoes over the weekend. First time dealing with drum brakes, the rear driver took me 3 hours to get done and passenger 1 hour. Amazing how the second time around after learning you can get things done much faster. I initially went in to grease behind the shoes but once in...
  3. M

Mazda2 2012 Coil springs

Good call taking care of that! Aside from general maintenance and a few small repairs I haven't done a whole lot with my 2. I bought it as my fuel efficient commuter but now that I'm working from home I'm contemplating selling since this will become a more permanent situation. Don't get me...
  4. M

Mazda2 2012 Coil springs

Nice, seems like you know what your doing and are refreshing the car over. Was the wheel bearing replacement a while your at it repair or were they needed?
  5. M

Mazda2 2012 Coil springs

Hey Dan, I take it you put the B4 OE Replacements from Bilstein up front. I know for a fact that these are engineered for OE springs so that setup should work good. As for the rear, yeah with a hitch and the extra weight that brings it will pull down the rear a bit with OE springs. What's your...
  6. M

Mazda2 2012 Coil springs

Hi Dan, when you say heavy duty are you referring to a stiffer spring rate to hold additional weight? Is there a purpose in mind as to why you may need different front coils? I think you'll be hard pressed finding a non-lowering spring that isn't pretty much the same as the OE spring.
  7. M

Rear electric windows issue

Both windows not working sounds like an electrical issue of sorts if they went out at the same time. I don't have a wiring diagram to tell how things are all connected but sometimes a short can cause odd issues. I've had a trailer wiring harness rub against a frame before and blow fuses that...
  8. M

Thanks for the response! I've been mulling over doing the Bilstein coilovers vs. B4 OE Replacements. Great looking 2 btw!
  9. M

How do you like them so far? How was the install and did you replace any other OE suspension pieces like top hats? Thanks!
  10. M

Looks great!
  11. M

Mazda Demio / 2 Advice on coilovers and wheels

1. How many km/mi do you currently have on the car? If it's over 110k km/70k mi then odds are you probably need replacement shocks. What do you do with the vehicle? If it's simply a point a to point b car then I would find some factory replacements (fonts are struts and rears are shocks) like...
  12. M

No power, battery seems OK

Glad you got it sorted!
  13. M

No power, battery seems OK

I would try a different battery first and go from there or take this battery to a parts store to be tested (if you can get there). When you say full 12V do you mean 12.0V or higher? What's the age of the battery/birth date on the sticker?
  14. M

Scratch noise/slight delay in engine when gas pedal is pressed

When you say sluggish do you mean a constant sluggish feel through the power band as the car revs or does it bog down in a particular spot along the revs? I know this video is for rough idle but it does go through how to clean your mass airflow sensor and also the throttle body. I think this is...
  15. M

Radiator Leak/Replacement at 103,000 Miles?

No problem! I'm almost to 140K mi. with approx. 14K mi. under my ownership which has been strictly 40 mi./day round trip to work where 30 of those miles each day are freeway (half of which is stop/go). When I first picked up the 2 I replaced the battery, wiper blades, and antenna seal. The rear...
  16. M

Radiator Leak/Replacement at 103,000 Miles?

Sounds about right for the mileage esp. if it's a lot of stop/go or in a higher heat area. I recently replaced mine (https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/radiator-leaking-replacement.123869701/) and to be honest it was a pretty simple job even without installation instructions. I...
  17. M

Spoiler Removal

So I take it drilling wasn't required? Seems rather drastic since I can't imagine they would have designed such a thing. Was it just removing awful plastics and clips? Would like to see installed pics!
  18. M

Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

1-Year check in after purchasing my Mazda2. Initial Post Here Replaced a few items so far: - Radiator (metal/plastic separation on top - started leaking) - Rad. cap - Antenna base (leaking) - Aux. audio port + covers (junk yard find) - Repaired arm rest latch so it stays closed (stuffed...
  19. IMG-1064.JPG

IMG-1064.JPG

20. IMG-0965.JPG

IMG-0965.JPG

Back