Search results

1. G

2019 CX-5 Brake light flashing after 2 week vacation

Came home from a two week vacation and car barely started. After it started, my parking break light began flashing on the dashboard and on the physical device. The P! on the dashboard is also flashing. Any ideas on what to do. I read online I could replace the battery and the light will go...
  2. G

OEM Yokohama tires wear out after 35k? Cost effective replacements?

I have a 2019 CX5 AWD and today they told me that my tires have worn down completely the OEM Yokohamas. At 35k Is that normal? They quoted me the following replacements Ironman $750 Falken Sincera $895 True Contact $1100 I told them to rotate the back tires to front since they were in...
  3. G

Key fob battery life - battery never dies!

So I bought my 2019 CX-5 2.5 years ago and about 1 year into my ownership, my key fob battery warning starting appearing on my car panel. I never changed it and now, over a year and a half later, it is still working. Occasionally, I still will get the warning that my battery life is low...
  4. G

Battery life for key fob...How long does yours last?

I purchased a new CX5 2/2019. Recently, I've been getting a message when I park that I have a low battery in my key fob...Is this normal for everyone else? It seems a bit fast compared to my last car...I do sometimes leave my keys in my car overnight in the garage and I wonder if that is...
  5. G

Right Wrist pain from using the Infotainment knob

Anyone develop right hand tendinitis from overusing the knob for the CX-5 2019 mazda Infotainment system? I developed a lot of pain after driving 6 hours a few month ago and my Friend had the same problem after buying a mazda6 recently.
  6. G

Car washes - safe or not?

I've heard that if you take the CX5 through the car wash, the machines can chip your paint. Is that true? Does everyone here handwash? Any experiences?
  7. G

How many miles are you getting with 1 tank of gas?

I'm hitting about 370 miles and just wondering if that's what most people are getting. Driving a AWD 2019 Touring no turbo.
  8. G

Consumer reports 2019 just rated the Subaru Forester #1. What was the Cx5's ranking?

Consumer reports 2019 just came out this week and rated the Subaru Forester #1 compact SUV. What was the Cx5's ranking? Has anyone read the magazine? I know the CX5 was rated near the top on the 2018 magazine.
  9. G

How helpful is the MyMazda app?

I just got an email to use a MyMazda app for my new CX5. Is this useful at all or should I just ignore it?
  10. G

2nd day driving; rock dinged my window!!

Just got my brand new 2019 CX5 and took it on its first highway drive. Drove about 200 miles and about 9 miles in a rock flipped off a truck and caused a 1 in crack in my front windshield. (sad1) Can I epoxy this myself like this? https://youtu.be/QjuWqBzO7qY Or should I leave to the the...
  11. G

Carbon Build up with Direct injection Engine in the CX5

I was wondering how much I need to worry about Carbon buildup in the engine? This looks terrible in this guy's CX5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhG1ZBqMnKA&feature=youtu.be
  12. G

Finding ways to shut off the FM radio in a 19 CX5

I was wondering if anyone find a hack to shut off the FM radio? I was thinking about using the auxiliary port and changing my entertainment input to Aux. I just bought a brand -new 2019 CX5 Touring
  13. G

Driving long distances... is the CX5 comfortable?

My neighbor went on a long trip from RI to Florida and was complaining that the CX5 was not comfortable enough. eps with the arm rest. He thought his arms got cramps with the wheel and the arms rest are too low. Has this been an issue with anyone else?
Back