Search results

1. K

How many actual miles on a new car?

The new soul red 2019 GT I wanted, from the dealer that offered the price I wanted, was was 100 miles away. Now, 2 years later it doesn't mean a hill of beans.
  2. K

Left Doors Unlocked

Thank you for your volunteer work.
  3. K

Hands on Wheel Warning

I just finished a 4000 mile trip with my 2019 in all kinds of driving situations, from winding mountain roads to many interstate miles. I never had that warning appear and I often hold the wheel from the bottom when on long, straight sections of highway.
  4. K

CX-5 Refresh

Pedestrian breaking and pedestrian braking are quite different concepts.
  5. K

2019 paint

Our '19 soul red has no chipping after six months.
  6. K

Can you use traffic sign recognition without HUD?

My wife likes her HUD also, and didn't take any time to get used to it. I drive the CX-5 occasionally and I think it is good for not needing to take your eyes of the road for basic information.
  7. K

2019 Mazda CX-5 vs. 2019 Toyota RAV4 (Car&Driver)

This is true! i had a chance to drive my wife's CX-5 and I was constantly going over the speed limit (but not 80, LOL) and it's only a NA 2.5.
  8. K

Daytime running lights dim/flickering

Yep, LED's only on the upper models. My relatively loaded '17 XLT F-150 has halogen bulbs. That's on a $50,000 vehicle, too.
  9. K

What Is This Symbol?

Our '19 GT always loses the indicators on even a mild bend in the road. Haven't driven it on highways enough to judge how much of a curve it will tolerate.
  10. K

shopping for a soul red gt reserve. Is the red paint still a problem?

Three months in, our 2019 soul red has no chipping.
  11. K

2017~2024 Grand Touring driver's seat side bolsters break in?

It bothers my wife, but not me, so I can't tell if it has lessened over the months we've owned our '19 GT with PP.
  12. K

What features do you miss from the car you traded for the CX5?

My 2011 3 was pretty bare bones, so it had nothing that the 2019 CX-5 doesn't have (other than a trunk).
  13. K

Heated seats & heated steering wheel reset after restart

Our '19 GT does not remember the settings, if that's what "doing" means.
  14. K

When and Why Did Mazda Lose "Zoom Zoom" at start up?

My 2011 3 display had "goodbye" at shutdown, but no "zoom zoom" at startup.
  15. K

Back Up Camera Changed Field of View

My F150 has two view modes. It can zoom in to the hitch area to assist in hitching up my RV, if my wife's 2019 CX-5 has something similar I haven't seen any way to access it.
  16. K

SCBS/SBS activation stories

She didn't seem to mind, at least didn't express any concern.
  17. K

She was not the one turning, if that's what you mean. The brakes were applied as she was going around on the right side of a car turning left off a two lane road, so no oncoming traffic in her lane.
  18. K

My wife says it engaged for her the first time yesterday when someone was making a left turn and she got a little aggressive in passing them on the right.
  19. K

Strange Traffic Sign Recognition Readings

You nailed it, need to change his speed unit setting.
  20. K

Tire pressure sensor?

Aside from a sensor with a bad battery, does your spare tire have a sensor? My wife's RAV4 had this happen and it took a while to realize what was the cause.
Back