Search results

1. J

2021 Carbon looks like the sweet spot

No photos of CX5 Carbon so far but here is a 2020 Polymetal gray Mazda 3 with red leather that should give us a pretty good idea. I think it looks pretty darn good...
  2. J

it‘s 4K or more less than other turbo mOdels
  3. J

At $32,060 MSRP including the turbo, AWD, the Preferred Package, leather and 19" wheels, this seems like a pretty good deal. If you're man enough for the red leather interior, LOL. I love the Polymetal gray. I laughed at my brother when he leased a land Rover with red seats, but it's grown...
  4. J

Anyone consider a used Luxury SUV for the price of a new CX-5?

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out. I live in MI so that could be an issue, Is the CRV system crappy? Is the CX5 system superior to the 17/18 RDX? I drive a Tacoma double cab so Im used to a good 4WD system in snow
  5. J

Anyone consider a used Luxury SUV for the price of a new CX-5?

I'm considering a new or slightly used CX5 Turbo vs a 2017/18 Acura RDX CPO, right now. The RDX is not as much fun to drive but the interior is more upscale, and the RDX has a pretty great V6 279HP engine, which I think I prefer over the turbo for longevity, I keep cars a long time. The RDX...
  6. J

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

I'm seeing the complaints beginning to pile up, sorry. Not trolling just observing: - less than comfortable seats - excessive paint chipping - crappy service at dealerships - losing power when its cold (never seen this ever, with any car)
  7. J

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

This is a major deal killer for me.
  8. J

General consensus on the white color for the CX5

White is a GREAT Color! Good luck, Heidi
  9. J

CX-5 Trailer Hitch

That Australian hitch is sweet. It's $932.00 US dollars, plus probably a lot to ship.
  10. J

2019 CX5 GTR Maximum tongue weight for towing?

Thanks, 185lbs sounds about right. You would think it would be easy to search, I could not find anything specific about the US
  11. J

2019 CX5 GTR Maximum tongue weight for towing?

Does anyone know what the max is? I'm guessing like 200lbs.
  12. J

Talk me out of buying 16/17 CPO Lexus RX350 vs a new CX5 GT Reserve

Driving around at lunch and errands, and then on a long bike ride later, I observed 6 "cow catcher" styled RX 350's. All six were driven by women at least 65 years old. I'm not sure I can withstand being called "Gertrude" every time I pull into my best buddy's Ford dealership, by one of his...
  13. J

I drove both and like both for different reasons, ie, sporty fun and simple lay out versus luxury and comfort. I plan on driving whichever I decide on for at least 10 years. I'm concerned about the Mazda and the Turbo longevity
  14. J

I can get one of many with 20-30K miles, some even less than that. Lexus adds two years of warranty post the new car warranty, for a 2017, it could be up to 4 years from a purchase. I know the exterior looks are not great but they have grown on be a bit since they came out. It takes regular...
  15. J

Warranty period is about the same. Price about the same. I drove both and know they drive differently. The interior of the RX is pretty darn great. I'm not a snowflake, I am 55 and insults (subtle please) are ok. LOL! RX 350 = Chick car??? I drive a Tacoma now
  16. J

Mazda service concerns????

That's one the dealerships I'm concerned about. It's the closest to me
  17. J

Thanks for all the great responses. I can deal with the oil changes, it's a dealers ability to resolve a problem under warranty, that I'm more concerned about, . I've had some bad experiences with other manufacture's in this regard. It sounds like go with the best price and hope for the...
  18. J

I may buy a new CX5 GT Reserve. There are three Mazda dealers within 30 minutes of me but two I think have the same owner (all in Metro Detroit). I've been reading some customer reviews and while the new car purchase reviews are almost all positive, the service department reviews for all three...
  19. J

Car and Driver doesnt seem to think the RAV4 beats the CX-5

They are right. I drove both last week (Mazda Signtature and 2019 Rav4 limited), back to back. The CX5 looks better, drives nicer, is quieter, more responsive and faster. There is no doubt less room in the CX5. The back seat room in the Rave 4 is impressive. I didn't hate the Rav4, but that...
Back