Search results

1. C

Tear in seat...Repair options?

Just discovered 1" slit in my rear passenger seat. No idea when it happened but must have set something with a sharp corner on it. What is my best option for repair?
  2. C

Cargo cover

I bought an aftermarket cargo cover and may have made a $140 mistake (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075S2PD88/?tag=m20b7-20 too late to return. I cannot get the metal bar into the second, lower hook as directed. It's easy to get it into the upper hook but not beyond. Per the instructions...
  3. C

Mounting a fire extinguisher

A 2.5-lb ABC fire extinguisher is a worthwhile safety addition to any vehicle. For the CX-5, the cargo bay behind the driver-side rear tire is a good location. Has anyone mounted a bracket on the sidewall? It doesn't need to hold any weight since the extinguisher can sit on the floor. Just need...
  4. C

Tailgate height adjustment

When I open my tailgate, it goes most but not all of the way. There is still another inch or two that I have to push up. I've tried doing the reset per the manual but it still won't go to maximum height upon opening. Any hints? Not fond of ducking all the time.
  5. C

Fast glance identification

Now that I own a 2018 CX-5, obviously I pay more attention to what's on the road. Duh, there are suddenly more than I ever noticed! So my question is, with a 1 second glance, how do you tell difference between a Gen 1 (pre 17) and Gen 2? The changes sound subtle but what are the visual clues?
  6. C

Remove all contacts

New car automatically imported my entire contacts list without asking. Anyone know how to delete them all? It would take a long time to do it one at a time.
  7. C

Confused about adaptive headlights

Don't all '18 Grand Touring models have these tracking headlights? The IIHS report indicates it is only found on cars made after March 2018. https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/mazda/cx-5-4-door-suv/2018
  8. C

Wheel size for second set

Assuming I do buy a newish CX-5 GT, they come with 19" wheels and all-season tires. Sounds like the stock Toyo's are adequate but nothing special for summer conditions. Living in the Colorado mountains, a winter set of wheels and tires is a required purchase (can I build that into my...
  9. C

Altitude driving

This is a question for Colorado owners. No offense but if you don't drive an 11,000ft/3,400m 4-lane pass routinely, your reply is pretty much meaningless. I'm considering a '17 or '18 Grand Touring with low mileage. The constant refrain from all reviews and many owners is "I wish it had more...
Back