Search results

1. B

Anyone replace the tires yet on their 2018+ Mazda6?

There is no debate in my mind. The OEM tires were awful and exhibited the traits I mentioned their entire life. They are not a good tire and I would never buy them again. Not even a question.
  2. B

Quick Update on my new tires: they are noticeably stickier in cold wet weather. Ride quality is about the same. Handling is noticeably better and more stable-not as much tire bounce on maneuvers where the car shifts it’s weight quickly. I suppose that’s due to a stiffer, more performance biased...
  3. B

I got the 5% discount by registering an account online with them. Which I didn’t mind doing as I’ve used DT for at least 6 tire purchases in the 15+ years.
  4. B

2019 Mazda6 Signature - 12,000 mile review

I stuffed a piece of packing foam behind the side mirror. It helped but I think it just needs a bigger piece of foam to better dampen the vibration. I’ve got more foam and will try a bigger piece shortly.
  5. B

The crappy OEM tires are done at 25,000 miles (thank god.). Just ordered a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus that I’m having installed on Friday. I’ve owned these tires before and loved them so I expect I will love them on the 6 as well. Will report back initial impressions post-install.
  6. B

Continental Crosscontact LX25 Tires

Checked my tires and they don’t appear on the list so all good. These are Continental Crosscontact LX25 in 225/55r19 size.
  7. B

Yep. Haven’t checked my tires yet but here’s the list: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RMISC-21T001-5089.pdf
  8. B

We’ve had our biggest snow//ice storm of the season this weekend and into today. The Continental Crosscontact lx25 tires are just excellent in the snow/ice. Our kids drive this car the most, and I’m very happy to have these tires on the car now. The CX-5 has been a little beast in the inclement...
  9. B

2019 Mazda6 Signature - 12,000 mile review

Just passed 12,000 miles on my car, which means I have driven it about 6000 miles since I bought this demo model last February. I'm really happy with this purchase - I think I would call the latest edition 6 as one of the best values in the market for 4-door sedans. Likes: -Excellent...
  10. B

Interesting. Actually, that is quite a bit more tire weight-surprised there is that much difference in such a small size increase. Usually, adding unsprung rates deteriorates ride quality a little. That was my experience with my old mustang GT when I added wider Nitto drag radials. But I also...
  11. B

AVC-thx for sharing your experience with these tires. Also interesting that you went with a slightly wider tire-I would expect that to slightly improve handling at a slight hit to fuel economy but can’t imagine its material.
  12. B

I have the Signauture, so it’s got the 19” tires. Whatever the tire PSI recommendation shows on the sticker on the driver’s side door jam is what I filled the tire to-I believe it’s 36 psi cold pressure.
  13. B

I’ve had these on our CX-5 now for a couple months now and have driven in rain/cold/snow. They are hands-down, far superior under inclement weather than the extra crappy OEM tires. They don’t slip easily (unlike the OEM tires) and provide a much better glued-to-the-road sensation from the...
  14. B

2018 Grand Touring AWD Tire Recommendations?

Yeah I saw that. Oh well! I just bought tires for our Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday. It's tire time in our household unfortunately all at the same time, lol!
  15. B

2018 Grand Touring AWD Tire Recommendations?

I'm about to buy new tires for our 2019 CX-5 Signature. I absolutely hate the OEM Toyo A36 tires They howl and tread life was abysmal. I was surprised to learn that these OEM tires only had a tread life rating of 300...makes sense now that we only got 25K miles out of them. I've had summer...
  16. B

How’s your 2018+ Turbo been?

Thanks for sharing. I already bought a 2019 6 Signature back in February. It’s been fantastic so far. Same with our 2019 CX-5 Signature. The CX-5 has 21,000 miles; the 6 only 9,000. Hopefully we don’t experience any of the issues you guys experienced.
  17. B

What were the symptoms that made you guys take your Cars to the dealer in the first place?
  18. B

What happened to your engine specifically GTEyes?
  19. B

what happened to yours? What failed?
  20. B

What year is your car? Turbo or non-turbo? I’m assuming the person with the 100K mile motor was a N/A motor as I highly doubt there are many 2.5L Turbo motors with 100K miles.
Back