Search results

1. P

Please tell me where to download the firmware? Apple CarPlay Install

Plan to install Apple CarPlay on my 2018 CX-5 and can't find out where to download the firmware. Can anyone please help? Thanks a lot in advance!
  2. P

How to fix a hole on the sliding door trail?

Hi all. 2010 Mazda 5 here. There's a hole on the sliding door trail because of the rust. And now door gets stuck when opening and closing. I checked and found no access from the bottom. Currently I plan to weld a piece of metal on top of the hole to cover it. But I'm really not sure if it...
  3. P

Hard brake pedal when doing bleeding

Hi, I tried to do brake bleeding on my 2010 Mazda 5 this weekend. The brake pedal was hard and can't go down( or just a little). The fluid can only come out from the bleed valve a few drops. I though that's because I pull the parking brake. Then I release the parking brake and it didn't get...
  4. P

Loose brake pads 2010 Mazda5

I just installed my 2010 5 rear rotors and pads with Bosch brake sets. The outside pads seems to be not fit in the caliper very well(a little smaller) and make noise on the road. It's very strange there's nothing on the outside pads to help it stay in the caliper. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  5. P

How to perform an electric parking brake automatic adjustment?

Hi, when the maintenance mode is complete, how to perform the electric parking brake automatic adjustment? It is required in the shop manual but doesn’t show the details. Can anyone please tell me how? Thanks!
  6. P

Should I pump break pedal before ending maintenance mode?

Hi, to change the break pad, I remember some one here says that pumping the break pedal before ending the maintenance mode will help the piston to be locked on the new break pad. But in shop manual, it says ending the maintenance mode and then pump the brake pedal a few times. Which one should I...
  7. P

Help! Rubber seal twist when I turn the brake caliper piston back

Hi, I'm changing the rear brake on 2010 Mazda 5. When I'm trying to turn the piston back, the rubber seal also twisted. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks a lot in advance!
  8. P

Size of brake rotor bolt?

Hi, is there a bolt that is used to push the rotor off the wheel hub on 2010 Mazda 5? If yes, what's the size? Thanks!
  9. P

Stuck brake rotor

Plan to replace the rotor this long weekend, but worry the the rotor may stuck on the wheel hub. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I remember there's one way is to use a bolt. Can anyone tell me the size of the bolt and how to use it?
  10. P

How to remove left rear cup holder?

I broke one rear shock bolt when I replace the shock mount. Searched online and found I can get access to this bolt from inside if I remove the left rear cup hold. Can anyone please tell me how to remove it? Are there any screw on it? Or just pull it out? Thanks.
  11. P

2017~2024 CX-5 brake pedal hard to push after changing rear pads

I just changed the rear pads on a 2018 CX-5, every thing went smoothly. I pushed the piston back and didn't turn it. Only mistake I may have done is: when I change from maintenance mode back to normal, I accidentally stepped on break pedal. At that time, I can step down the break pedal. Then I...
  12. P

2017~2024 using 2010 Mazda 5 17' wheels on 2018 cx-5 Touring

Hi, Question from a new owner of 2018 cx-5 Touring. I was a 2010 Mazda 5 owner and have a set of extra 17' wheels for 2010 Mazda 5. Plan to put on snow tires and use on 2018 cx-5 touring to replace the 19' wheel. Are they compatible? I know the tire on 17' wheel should be 225/65 R17. thanks!
Back