Search results

1. T

Cracked Block (2018 CX-5)

My 2016 has the Skyactiv 2.5L. The 2021 Sport that my brother just bought has the 2.5L also. He has about 19k on car. He probably won't drive it a whole lot since he works from home a few days of the week. Do you see a oil leak or consumption with this issue?
  2. T

From what I have read online it seems to affect mostly the turbo engines? At least that what I thought I saw on a TSB.
  3. T

Car Issues After Low Battery From Sitting A While (2016 CX-5)

Maybe I get about a three-year life on batteries down here.
  4. T

I believe the Costco Interstate battery that I had was a replacement warrantied one that they gave me after the original one failed during the 36 month warranty period. So, the original one lasted me almost three years. So, per Costco the replacement battery does not have a warranty. The...
  5. T

I had weird issues with my Costco interstate battery that was out of warranty on my 2016 cx-5 sport. Thought my key fob batteries were the issues, but even after changing the key fob batteries, the car would have a difficult time starting. Then after a little bit it would start. Then one...
  6. T

What about the 2021 Cx-5 sport with the 2.5 ?
  7. T

Is this issue with the regular 2.5 engine or turbo engine? Our 2016 Cx-5 sport with the skyactiv 2.5 engine just hit 85k and has been quite reliable. My brother just bought a used 2021 CX-5 sport with the same 2.5 skyactiv engine with around 19k and hopefully that will be as reliable.
  8. T

Mazda Air Filter - OEM versus Aftermarket

I believe I bought the Denso air filter from Rock Auto. I know Denso is very good because they are the OEM for Toyota. My 2010 Corolla uses Denso Plugs. Also, I believe they make the Air Filter for Toyota. On my Corolla I have used the Toyota branded air filter and also the one that Denso...
  9. T

Mazda Air Filter - OEM versus Aftermarket

I had once replaced the air filter on my 2016 CX-5 sport with a Denso air filter thinking that it would make no difference. But the car did not seem to perform the same way. Was a bit sluggish upon acceleration. Even my wife noticed this as this is her vehicle. I then bought a new Mazda air...
  10. T

Tire suggestions for my 2016 CX-5?

My 2016 Cx-5 sport has Bridgestone Ecopia's All Season that have about 45k on them and five years old. With the heat in South Florida, it's usually hard to get more than 50k on tires. What tires would be recommended for the 2016 CX-5 sport?
  11. T

2021 CX-5 Sport Key Fob battery shows low after changing batteries

Yeap. YouTube is always a great place to find solutions.
  12. T

Just solved the issue, with this video.. Took the key fob out of power saving mode.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he5SBF7FpyY
  13. T

Just bought a 21 CX-5 Sport with 19k from a Honda dealership. When I try to press the button to start it shows "Key not detected" and then "Key Fob Battery Low. Hold Key Close to Start Button" So I was able to start the car by keeping the key close to the start button and pressing into it...
  14. T

Looking at purchasing a 2022 CX-5 with 8,312 miles…One concern

Saw the following online a 2022 cx-5 sport, looks to be good, and has like 21k miles. On the car fax report, it states that the dealer put on new tires at 21k. Do the stock tires wear out that early...
  15. T

I misstated the year as 2019.. It's a 2021, for $19,838.
  16. T

Actually, even I thought air filters don't make a difference. But even my wife noticed the vehicle was not performing the same. So, then switched back to the Mada air filter and she was able to notice the difference. I'll always stick to their filters now.
  17. T

I actually saw this one that I thought was a really good deal: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/a5e83e25-8e33-4525-b69f-8aef1fae3761/ https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/D-Iv21h-UYsqFbErywX2961eHk_lLNN-OTICSUYVkw3UatPvE9johyfC59ktdxj3Rh2CN4iZvoY1RoaiJHsa_tpvqN4kqjGfwIY It's a 2019...
  18. T

I am going to go look at it tomorrow and drive it.
  19. T

I was looking in purchasing a 22 CX-5 sport 2.5 select package at a Mazda dealer in Miami. It's certified car with about 8,312 miles on it. But my one concern on it is that the only oil change that was done on it was on 1/26/2024 at the dealership. The car was purchased back in 4/21/2022. At...
  20. T

2016 CX-5 Interstate battery replaced with Walmart Everstart Evermax

So, I had Walmart install the 640 CCA battery. There was the 525 CCA battery that was also compatible with the CX-5 but went with the higher CCA battery. I suppose for Florida I could have gone with the 525 one. With the 640 CCA it's a 3-year warranty and for 525 it's 2 years.
Back