Search results

1. Avoidin Deer

2017~2024 Hood Lift Struts Installed

$25 + Elbow Grease = Still A Good Deal
  2. Avoidin Deer

Sometimes these things arrive "stuck." Install them and use the leverage of the hood to GENTLY compress/extend them. They may be so tight you will need to disconnect one (it's easy to do...one end clips on & off to its mount) and work them individually. I think Red Baron detailed his ordeal...
  3. Avoidin Deer

Oh, yeah. You take one bolt off of the top hinge to mount the hood bracket (they are on tight), and the bottom bracket is mounted using a nut that's been crimped on the end of a thin band of metal you fish through existing body holes. There have been comments on using Loctite Blue to prevent...
  4. Avoidin Deer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KC3CJ82/?tag=m20b7-20 The price dropped by $2, they're now $24.99 I really, really like having these installed.
  5. Avoidin Deer

Is the Soul Red color still an issue on 2020’s?

I believe there are some posts here regarding specific paint shops being trained by Mazda to do some level of SCRM repainting. I bet they're trained in the multi stage factory process.
  6. Avoidin Deer

Off Topic Investment Thread

No, I haven't messed with it. I always get screwed screw myself with the speculative stuff. I held gold for 10 years and it did very little. When I came back earlier this year to where I could get my money back, I cashed it out. It's since gone up over 50%. So I sat on it for 10 years with...
  7. Avoidin Deer

Daytime running lights dim/flickering

Gotcha. So it sounds like one of those "not legally required but has to work if your car's equipped with it" kind of thing here in Virginia. I'm glad you got the recall notice in time for inspection! And be glad you don't live up north and have to pass Emissions Testing every year!
  8. Avoidin Deer

Daytime running lights dim/flickering

So you would have failed inspection because--although the DRLs are not required under Virginia law--they are included equipment so must work if you have them? Or were your regular headlights out as well? I guess the only way anyone would know that the DRLs don't work in an area where they are...
  9. Avoidin Deer

2019 CX-5 Signature, Seat discomfort?

I understand. I mentioned that I bought one of the seat cushions someone here recommended. It basically tapered that bolster angle you speak of so helps a bit...but it's not perfect. I wonder if the average Japanese physique might fit these seats better.
  10. Avoidin Deer

I'm not following you on your "made less harsh in 2019" statement. These complaints are on 2019/2020 Reserves and Signatures, not pre-2019 models. But this is the internet...something's likely lost in translation.
  11. Avoidin Deer

That's good to know that you can feel the ventilation through it. That pretty much means the system is not being blocked. One of these days I may talk to an upholstery shop, but I'm not certain that any of them would have experience with remediating such an issue, especially when we all seem...
  12. Avoidin Deer

And if you read the Q&A for this product, the vendor says that they don't transfer heat very well from heated leather seats. I have no idea why they specify issues with heated leather seats...sometimes things get lost in translation. I would not try to use ventilation or heat with a cushion...
  13. Avoidin Deer

They have 8-way power seats and ventilation. I don't know how that affects the ability to switch them out. Then there's the issue of trying to find something to match the interior and/or the remaining seats. Others have discussed going to an upholstery shop to have them worked on, but you're...
  14. Avoidin Deer

This car seat cushion was recommended by another member and it has given me some relief. It fills in that sharp transition from the seat bottom to the bolster. It has not completely fixed the issue, but it's taken the edge off. I'm retired, so do not drive the car daily. I've considered...
  15. Avoidin Deer

Display Album Art?

Don't these systems use Gracenote databases? As a side note, I just read an article on how to update/repair metadata on ripped audio files using native WIN10 technology.
  16. Avoidin Deer

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Read some of the comments here about Weather Tech mats. I don't like mine. Not only do they look very utilitarian, they have other issues: -Dirt stains them, and they are very hard to get clean (this happens quickly). -They do not cover the Dead Pedal all the way. The upper half remains...
  17. Avoidin Deer

Sirius XM issues on a 2019 CX-5 GT

That's interesting. I'll have to make sure mine is disabled, since I don't ever use it out here in the sticks.
  18. Avoidin Deer

Oops. Boy, can I space out sometimes. So the card got you the Traffic Sign Recognition and directions on the HUD, huh? I really like the HUD. It's part of what sold me on the CX-5 when I started looking in 2018.
  19. Avoidin Deer

Free Travel Link on my 2019 Reserve runs for 3 years. The 2020 Signature product description page confirms it should be the same for your car. It's interesting that Travel Link might be causing issues.
  20. Avoidin Deer

How you doing?

Sweet! I remember being a kid and getting read and blue incandescent lights for my hood. I wonder how the fish "see" in the LED spectrum.
Back