Search results

1. C

Front Camera Failed in Light Mist! 2024 Turbo CX-5

It was a slightly misty night and there was a thin coating of mist all over the car. After driving for 5 min the dash stated that several features (adaptive lights/adaptive cruise/lane assist) were disabled because the front camera could not work properly. Our 2018 CX5 never had this happen...
  2. C

Touch Up Paint For Black Wheels (2024 CX-5 Carbon Turbo)

Just want to pass along that I used this Universal Black touch up paint from Autozone for the black rims on our 2024 CX5 Carbon Turbo and it matched really well...
  3. C

Hit A Curb With Our New 2024 CX-5 :(

So was driving our new 2024 CX5 Turbo Carbon Edition with black wheels and went over a curb at 5 mph. Gouged out a small chunk at the edge of the rim on the passenger front. (since it only had 400 miles on it, I went nuts!) Seems to drive fine but do you think going over a curb would throw off...
  4. C

Just Purchased a 2024 CX-5 Carbon Turbo! Few questions!

So today we traded on our 2018 CX5 NA 2.5 with 41K miles in for a CX5 Turbo. Much seems the same but some is different. Few questions.... How well does the shiny trim along the wheels and bottom hold up? I see it does not have USB A ports for thumb drives (our music is on them) What kind of...
  5. C

Low Tire Pressure Light On But Pressures Normal! Why? 2018 CX-5

2018 CX5. While we were near the end of a 300-mile road trip, the low tire pressure light beeped and illuminated. Pulled over and check the tires. All at 38 psi. Turned car on and off. Light stayed on. Drove 1 mile and light went off. When we got home rechecked all 4 tires and all were still...
  6. C

Which New Mazdas Have Reliable Engines?

Would like to purchase a new Mazda but reading that the NA 2.5 and the 2.5 Turbos have had issues with cracking of the heads. Are there any new Mazdas that don't have these "time bomb" engines?
  7. C

Is there a specific TSB for cracked heads in non-turbo CX-5s?

I thought there was but all I can find is a TSB about cracked heads in the 2.5 Turbos resulting in coolant leaks. And, there is a general TSB about how to replace the head if needed in non-turbo CX5s. But nothing addressing the issue of the head cracking and leaking oil. Have I missed it??
  8. C

Rear Traffic Alert on our 2018 CX-5 No Longer Working!

Hello. Today I noticed that as I was pulling out of a parking space I did not get the usual alert when a car passed behind me. Tested it at home with having someone walk behind as I was in reverse and no alert. The rear camera works fine. Has this happened to others? Is it common for the rear...
  9. C

Is it true CX-5 Rear Camber cannot be adjusted?

So, when I looked at the Toyo tires that I just replaced at 32K there was slightly more wear on the inside than the outside, suggesting too much negative camber. (If I look closely at the rear wheels, I can see the bottom is angled very slightly out). I read that the rear camber is fixed and...
  10. C

Fuel Pump Recall. Any done yet?

So I remember getting the recall notice late last year, with the promise that a second letter would be received when Mazda has the parts. Over at the Spider forum (made by Mazda at the Miata factory) people have been getting the second letter stating the parts are in. How about for the CX5...
  11. C

Anyone try the New Bridgestone Weatherpeak Tires?

So these were released this spring (2022) and have good testing results in every day driving over at Tire Rack. But few if any customer reviews. Great price at Costco of ~$232 with $150 off. Tires have gotten so expensive looking for the best bang for the buck. Anyone have these on their CX5?
  12. C

Blown rear shocks on a 2018 CX5 with only 28K miles!

Today I had an oil change at my local shop and they found that one of the rear shocks was leaking oil! Our 2018 CXR 5 has only 28K miles and is out of warrantee as of this past summer. Has anyone heard of shocks failing so soon? Any suggestions or ideas?
  13. C

2.5 NA Cracked Cylinder Head with Oil leaking...How common is this?

So I have started to see reports of cracked cylinder heads on CX5s (2018-2019) resulting in significant oil leaks. The cars have only ~25K miles on them! What's this all about? How many here have had this happen? Time to sell our CX5 before it happens?
  14. C

Soft knock sound when heater on. Anyone else?

We have 22K miles on our 2018 CX5. Recently noticed a very soft knock sound coming from the engine bay when the heater is on. Goes off as soon as I completely turn off the climate control system. Sound only happens once a month and then goes away. Heater and AC seem to work fine. Sound is so...
  15. C

Infotainment Screen Goes Dead While Driving!

Have had our 2018 CX5 since new and have not had any issues. Today we are driving along and look at the infotainment screen and it is blank. Hit home and navigation, and nothing. Hit the volume button and music does play (but screen is still off). Turned headlights on and off does nothing. We...
  16. C

Anyone install a CX-5 cold air intake?

Just wondering. Years ago these were very popular. Anyone install a cold air intake in their CX5 like this one? https://www.aemintakes.com/21-779c-aem-cold-air-intake-system
  17. C

Wiper Blades not made for a 2018 CX5?

Time to replace the front blades but it seems none of the major manufactures of replacement blades make them for the CX5. For those with a 2017-2018 CX5 have you replaced the blades? Who made them??
  18. C

Anyone concerned about the upcoming recall on the 2018 CX5??

Found a discussion over here about it: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123868237-Dangerous-cylinder-deactivation-trouble-on-2018-CX-5-and-6-models I'm disappointed! Was hoping our 2018 CX5 would be trouble free but now there is an issue with the engine rocker arms falling off. I...
  19. C

Maintenance warning at start up when nothing is needed? Anyone else?

New 2018 CX5 purchased July 2018. Now has 5700 miles. When I bought the car I set the oil maintenance schedule to flexible (1 yr/7500 miles) and tire rotation to every 7,500 miles. The maintenance screen show I have ~2000 miles and 5 months left. About a month ago at start up a warming came up...
  20. C

Mazda sent us stickers! Anyone else?

We purchased our 2018 CX5 ~ 6 wks ago and today we received a small welcome box with information and stickers. Stickers in black and white (Zoom-Zoom/ Driving Matters/ and the Mazda logo). What did you do with them? Any interesting ideas other than throw them away?
Back