Search results

1. T

My solutions to phone placement dilemma in new CX-5 (Photos)

I have this one, and it works great. I didn’t like the clip on type since I have a larger phone. Square Jellyfish Car Mount Cell Phone Holder | Premium Quality Car Vent Phone Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GHV33KY/
  2. A75909FE-97E0-4273-9290-CE00726C97E0.jpeg

A75909FE-97E0-4273-9290-CE00726C97E0.jpeg

3. 36F1C824-E838-4215-91A9-7252372F8ED4.jpeg

36F1C824-E838-4215-91A9-7252372F8ED4.jpeg

4. T

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

1.) I just setup my appt to get it done for my 2018 cx-5, and they quoted $499. This Bay Area, CA. 2-4.) I'm setting up Apple Play. Sorry, I don't know know.
  5. T

Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Screen protector ... I guess while the screen is new. I never touch it, but hey why not?
  6. T

Trunk organizing accessory

I saw the mesh version, it decided that minimizing visual clutter would be better.
  7. T

Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Just got my cup magnetic phone mount. Cups holders aren’t in the ideal place for this accessory. I had a CD slot version of this before.. and well.. we don’t got those any more :/
  8. T

Armrest storage box

Mine arrived today, here’s a pic. I’ll let you know how useful it actually is.
  9. T

Mazda CX-5 2018 - Key Fob covers

BTW, you shouldn't post pictures of your keys, a copy can be made. Maybe take down your post, and repost without a picture? https://hackaday.com/2009/09/22/photographic-key-duplication/
  10. T

Yeah, totally not necessary. But I kinda went all in on buying accessories for my new car... see my other posts.
  11. T

It’s not a ton of storage, but it does hold several things rolling around in the back like a portable jump pack and some windshield cleaning wipes.
  12. T

This thing seems to be a good addition to he CX-5 trunk. Since the trunk isn’t too deep it’s actually reachable. I also got one for my wife’s Q7 and the trunk is too deep to each without crawling in, it will be used for more permanent storage like extra wiper fluid umbrellas, etc. YoGi Prime...
  13. T

Just got these today. They fit very nicely and they feel soft in hand. Amazon link below. The rings are thicker and you can see the key rings stretched out a bit so I’m going to have to find rings with less metal memory. Qty(2) Alegender Full protector Silicone Smart Key Fob Cover Case...
  14. T

Mazda CX-5 front USB not for charging phones

The sales dude at Oaktree Mazda confirmed that with me when I bought the car two weeks ago. I mentioned that the Mazda press lease wasn’t explicit about the CX-5, and that other models were mentioned, but not the cX-5. He said yes, July-ish. It wasn’t clear if it was a free or pay for...
  15. T

Just bought 2018 CX-5 GT w/premiu pkg - Beware of dealer installed hitch!

Just got my hitch installed by the dealer on Friday. They appear to have done good work. I showed this horror story to Teh tech rep and he said that was terrible and they too would have replaced the bumper. Here are some pictures.
  16. T

Roof Rack Questions and (Eventually) answers - 2018 CX5

I just got my roof rails installed on Friday by the dealership. I haven’t decided on the crossbars tho. My go with Thule, but may go with factory.
  17. T

2017 CX-5 Aftermarket Cross Bars (and a bit of a Thule AeroBlade review)

I haven't decided to get the factory cross bars or thule ones. I have Thule ones for my wife's Q7, and they're great, not noisy, and lower profile than the factories from Audi. In either case, I need roof rails, and I'm getting those installed by the dealer Tomorrow (5/18). I bought them...
  18. T

Interesting, but I'm not likely to do it as Mazda will be upgrading CX-5 with Apple Play and Android Play in July. I understand with that comes more juice.
  19. T

Correction: sorry, everywhere I said iPhone 6 plus, I meant iphone 7 plus. <== I'm not 100% sure what difference it makes.
  20. T

(lol) I was just thinking about doing that. (lol) This is my commuting car. Most of the time, I don't have passengers in the back. But my OCD side thinks I should keep the car wire free...
Back