Search results

1. N

2021 CX-9 Burning oil

Gotcha - makes sense. Again, I agree the RDX is awesome. As of right now, I've got it on my radar if I decide to move away from a sedan when my lease is up too. I hope I didn't come off as not believing you were capable of making the decision yourself, I didn't mean it that way. I meant to just...
  2. N

2021 CX-9 Burning oil

At the end of the day, do what you want, but coming from someone who's gone through more cars than they should have: Make sure your car purchasing decision is made from the perspective of "running towards" something you truly want or like, not "running away" from a car that, for example, you're...
  3. N

Mazda3 2.5T Turbocharged AWD Mazda3 for 2021 model year

I think a lot of reviews are fairly satisfied with the 3's handling right now with one of the main complaints, if any, being the relatively sluggish straight-line speed and lack of power. That said, I think there will be plenty who will be happy to drive a Mazda 3 that handles as well as it did...
  4. N

Acceleration times in the high 5s range or right around 6s put this in the same territory as the VW GTI, which is the other hot hatch that I personally would cross-shop against the Turbo 3. That said, the GTI is obviously built to be a sportier offering while Mazda is aiming for more upscale...
  5. N

Yeah, I see your point. News has come out since your reply that it appears the 3 will simply get the 2.5T with the 6-speed automatic found in the CX-5/9 and 6. I'm still holding out some hope for some kind of special tuning, but I know it's a VERY long shot and pretty much not going to happen...
  6. N

I just hope Mazda gives this car enough performance to be competitive with other “hot” hatches and sedans. I have a feeling this will be compared to the VW GTI, Hyundai Veloster N, Honda Civic Si, Subaru WRX, and the upcoming Toyota Corolla GRMN which is rumored to have 260-270hp, AWD, and a...
  7. N

Source: https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-mazda-3-will-finally-get-a-turbo-1843884157 Jalopnik's sources for this rumor have been accurate in the past as well, so here's hoping this is true! As an enthusiast though, I unfortunately wouldn't expect a manual option to be available for the top-end...
  8. N

2004~2008 Mazda3 Turbo?

If you're open to getting a new car entirely, you could try holding out for the 2021 model year. There's some rumors that there will be a turbo Mazda 3 again (the source seems to be reliable based on past information they've brought out too)...
  9. N

Want to buy a 2017 or 2018 CX-9...Questions

If it matters, I think the 2018 model year also added front parking sensors for the Touring trim and up.
  10. N

Running review: Continental TerrainContact H/T

Updated initial post with more impressions from driving in snow/ice. At this point I don't see a need to add more unless something really warrants another update here. That said, my overall impressions with these tires are very positive. I'd recommend these to anyone looking to get a good all...
  11. N

Tires! Any advice on new tires for my CX-9?

If you're happy with the Falkens, go with a set of those! I otherwise had a similar experience with the Bridgestone Ecopias and found that they're downright unsafe in wintry weather. I personally replaced mine with a set of Continental TerrainContact H/Ts and they've been WAY better in all...
  12. N

Mazda developing staight-six engines

As it relates to power, I was utterly spoiled by a BMW 335i xDrive. It had 300 hp/tq and that 50hp deficit has been surprisingly noticeable. That said, the CX-9 is also heavier and less aerodynamic, so that definitely makes a difference too. I think the Mazda 6 with AWD and the 2.5T is amazing...
  13. N

Mazda developing staight-six engines

Gah, these delays and whatnot are a real bummer. I'd like to see a Mazda with actual zoom to it. They drive and handle really well, but more power would really round out the performance in a meaningful way. I want to get back into a sporty sedan since my wife bought an SUV, but I need it to be...
  14. N

CX9 Overall Reliability and Owner Satisfaction

2018 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD here with about 23k miles. I really like it a lot! Only a couple notable issues, but nothing that's affected the vehicle's reliability: 1. Infotainment - it's old and outdated. Lags, takes a while to boot up. It's fine, but could definitely use an update. 2. Tires -...
  15. N

How is 2019 CX-9 AWD performance?

That makes sense with regards to Honda's AWD systems. I admittedly hadn't taken the time to confirm it. Like you, it's possible I would've gone for the Honda Passport if it were out when I was shopping for the CX-9. It's not quite as big as the Pilot, but it's also bigger than the CR-V or a CX-5...
  16. N

I think Honda tunes their AWD systems differently depending on the vehicle. It makes sense that a truck like the Ridgeline would have its AWD engaged more or at least send more power to the rear wheels more often. I believe the system found in the Pilot, and now the Passport, is an evolution of...
  17. N

Rumor: Next Mazda6

I'd love to see some AWD sooner rather than later on a Mazda 6! Heck, Toyota is even going to provide an AWD option for the 4 cyl. Camry. I hope Honda responds and does the same with the Accord. I'd like a relatively inexpensive option for an AWD family sedan once the lease on my CX-9 ends in...
  18. N

I'd put Mazda's AWD a bit above "real-time AWD" systems, like Honda's, but below "full-time AWD" systems like those from Subaru, Acura (SH-AWD), or BMW (xDrive). As youri mentioned, the predictive nature of Mazda's gives it a slight advantage over other systems like Honda's. That said, I've...
  19. N

Running review: Continental TerrainContact H/T

Updated initial post with initial snow/ice driving conditions.
  20. N

2016~2023 Snow and ice performance of AWD CX-9

The CX-9 itself is good in the winter and on snowy roads. However, the tires on the car can make a big difference. It's no secret that I despise the Bridgestone Ecopia tires that came on my 2018 CX-9 GT, so if Mazda is still putting those on the CX-9, be aware that those are not good tires in...
Back