Search results

1. T

Cement!

I would not have thought something as mild as vinegar would help, but I followed your link and saw the poor guy who drove through wet cement...yikes! I don't feel too bad now. Thanks, I'll give it a go.
  2. T

Cement!

So I'm at the gas pump and, as is my habit, I do a walk around of the car just to see if anything is amiss. I see a whitish spot about the size of a dime on the hood. Thinking bird poop, I grab the conveniently located windshield washer stick and give it a a little rub. The a little more...
  3. TheBori Cement 2.jpg

TheBori Cement 2.jpg

4. TheBori Cement 1.jpg

TheBori Cement 1.jpg

5. T

Heated seats & heated steering wheel reset after restart

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but my '18 AWD Touring retains the seat heat settings from the previous drive. I found this out the hot way when I drove the car after my wife did. I found the seat heater was on 'broil'. I'd love to have the seat heating level reset (i.e. off) after the car is...
  6. T

Windshield Scratches after using ice scraper

Windshield scratches 2018 Touring: I too had windshield scratches after ice scraping. Dirt under the ice or not, my plastic scraper should not scratch glass. My scratches are low and in the middle, so I don't see them unless I look. Disappointing.
  7. T

Toyo A36

An argument with a pothole ended up with a sidewall tear, irreparable. I've got ~15k miles on the car and tires. DO I replace just the damaged tire, or should I replace a pair? I haven't measure the tread depth. Thanks.
  8. T

Not so bad after-all...

I've got an 18 Touring AWD and I'm getting 28 mpg mixed an 30.5 on the highway. I've got no complaints about that. As for pick-up...I hit Sport if I have to pull out into traffic in a hurry. I've owned 5 minivans (4 kids) and only traded one in (on the advice of my mechanic). The rest (and 2...
  9. T

Enable touchscreen while in motion *not a hack*

Can they at least allow the Command knob to do everything it does while stopped? I wanted to switch from intermittent wipers to rain sensing. While I could get to the menu, I had to stop in order to check the box. I didn't have to select from a list, or read anything...just text a box.
  10. T

2018 Touring Trim Level Owners: Beige vs Black Interior

I did the black leatherette in my '18 Touring. I'm not a fan of the "ageing process" of light colored interiors. While I make my best effort to keep the interior clean, invariably the edges and frequently-sat or slid-upon places get worn or stained into a different color. Black may shade to...
  11. T

New 2018 CX5 owner with a question!

Just got back from a 1500 drive (750 out, 750 back) and the ride was delightful. The reduction in road and wind noise was better than sliced bread. The only "complaint" I had was that the radar-cruise control would, as per design, maintain the gap to the car in front...slowing with the car in...
  12. T

Android Auto on Headunit: Where do you store/dock your phone?

Wait, wait, wait....You CAN use Android Auto?? I thought we were in a "waiting for Mazda to catch up to the rest of the civilized world" situation. Are you saying I can plug my phone into a USB (any? There are 2 in the console), fire up AA and use the Mazda screen? Surely you are using black...
  13. T

Uh oh - "Forward Collision Camera Malfunction"

Update: I've had it happen 6 times now (brand new 2018 purchased in March). Varying weather conditions...bright sun, overcast, during rain... Wiping doesn't help. In some cases off/on works, in some not. Dealer time.
  14. T

2018 Mazda CX-5 | OPEN/CLOSE windows/mirrors with FACTORY REMOTE

Not to hijack the thread, but it is a window thing. My 2007 Pacifica gave you ~30 sec after the car was turned off to put up/down windows, sunroof, etc. Essentially 30 sec of ACC time. It gave you the time to button-up if you forgot to close (or open) something.
  15. T

2017~2024 2018 System Errors Already

I've had the forward facing camera error 3 times now. All were cleared with a re-start. TimPro do you have anything that I can show my dealer? It would great to have a peremptory fix rather than waiting for a failure.
  16. T

2017~2024 Finally I'm A 2018 Mazda CX-5 Owner

I was startled by the interior shot. I saw the metric numbers, but didn't process a right-hand drive. It's interesting to see where other things were placed...radio volume for example.
  17. T

Sunroof shattered...options?

It doesn't appear to be tempered glass (I'll check the label when I get home) because there appears to be no dicing. We've all seen the remnants of tempered glass, small little chunks. The glass is very hard to break due to the compression/tension Craigo spoke to. I can't tell if it's...
  18. T

What did you trade-in for your '17 or '18?

Traded in implies it had value...it was more like "dump it and run". A 2007 Chrysler Pacifica with 160K miles, a cracked windshield, two crumpled front quarter panels, defunct video system, had a habit of not shifting out of 1st...the list goes on and on. I got $300. I did get $500 loyalty...
  19. T

Uh oh - "Forward Collision Camera Malfunction"

Update....It happened again yesterday (May 2). No rain, no sun, it just gave up. Went away with a re-start. I'll keep track and see....
  20. T

Does anyone use the excessive speed warning function?

I do get the speed limit sign with borders and flashing and all sorts of "why don't you just tell my wife I'm speeding" stuff, but it's set at +0. I'll go to the dealer and see if they can change it. The manual says I can do it....but no.
Back