Search results

1. K

In the new 2021 system, does it limit carplay scrolling lists?

I have a 2016 CX-5 where I installed the Apple CarPlay hardware myself as soon as it came out. Another thing with 2016 is the serial to USB cable and tweak I installed to allow the touchscreen while the car is in motion. This not only does what it says, but it also allows the commander wheel...
  2. K

2017~2024 CX-5 carbon edition turbo instrument cluster

According to the Mazda CX-5 owners manual, there are 3 types of gauge clusters. Type A has an all-digital center which is where the multiple functions are cycled through, while analog gauges to the left and right of it. Type B which is analog tach and speedo but on the right is a full digital...
  3. K

2013~2016 Belt Tensioner - Shouldn't this be a warranty item?

I have a 2016 CX-5 in for server and the belt tensioner is leaking badly. I'm almost at 54,000 miles. I purchased the car certified pre-owned in March of 2018. For tire rotation and oil change they did a full inspection and showed me that the belt tensioner is leaking and highly recommend a...
  4. K

2013~2016 Center console won’t stay closed

On my 2016 CX5 the center console will not stay closed. It’s really unusual to see one of these fail open. I’ve seen most cars where this is not “springed ” and forced up/open. Usually car manufacturers follow gravity and this would stay shut, if anything quickly fall shut if there was a...
  5. K

2013~2016 Battery life?

I have a 2016 CX-5 and today it wouldnt start. Now I did fully wash it and clean the interior, so the doors were open for some time, but really not for an enormous amount of time. I did not have accessories on or the radio. I cleaned all the seats and vacuum it out really good. Then 2 hours...
  6. K

2013~2016 Electronic parking brake flashing

I had an issue today where the car was a little struggling to start, like the starter / turn over sounded weak and slow, and the brake light was flashing. The electronic parking brake was stuck on. So I turned the car off and after a minute back on again, same issue. Because it sounded like...
  7. K

2013~2016 Miles remaining always goes down faster when theres less fuel

Miles remaining always goes down faster when theres less fuel This isnt necessarily a Mazda problem, but an automotive problem in general. It seems like and maybe this isnt the case, but fuel tanks are almost like upside down pyramids. When the fuel level gets lower, the fuel consumption is...
  8. K

2013~2016 Left sunroof open durning rain. Tips to ensure CX5 dries out?

I left the sunroof open yesterday (beautiful day), but then at night there was a bad thunderstorm. I parked under a tree in my driveway which did help to shield the majority of the rain. I used a shop vac and got all of the standing water out. Mostly it was the cupholders, front leather...
  9. K

Cant unlock passenger doors with fob when car is running?

Cant unlock passenger doors with fob when car is running? I have a 206 CX-5. One thing that urks me is that I cannot unlock the other doors from the outside of the car with the buttons on the handle, hatch or fob. I will take my kids to the bus stop or daycare and get out but I cant get them...
  10. K

Key fob failing?

I notice sometimes the doors do not unlock when I push the button on the handle. A few times I had to use the physical key to open the door. I notice if I bang the key fob it then works. I put the battery in a tester and the digital bar graph on the tester indicated about 75% life left on it...
  11. K

Sometimes steering wheel favorites buttons only cycle 3 stations

I noticed the other day that sometimes I'll get to a particular radio station and once I advance past that with the >> arrows on the steering wheel, it only cycles through 3 stations. No matter how far << back I press I will only cycle through these three stations. If I use the rotary knob and...
  12. K

2017/18 cluster swap into 2016 possible for LCD?

Curious if anyone knows if the cluster from a 2017/18 Mazda 6 or CX5 would fit in a 2016 and be pin compatible with the wiring harness. Some coding would likely be required to set the mileage. Reason I ask is that I rented a new 2018 Mazda 6 when my 2016 CX5 was getting repairs (light rear end...
  13. K

CX5 Got hit today in the rear left

I had this 2016 CX5 Grand Touring for about a month now. Today someone hit me in a grocery store parking lot backing out. They have no damage at all. They have an older 2004 Honda CRV and it’s tailgate mounted tire did the damage. I wasn’t moving, they were and I was in reverse to move but I...
  14. K

Seats need adjusting every day

Is it just me or do the seats move overnight? Every single day I feel like the seat is tilted back and I have to move it up so I can lean back in my seat. By now since I’m adjusting it every day you would think I would be at a 45 degree angle face planted in the gauge cluster! But every day...
  15. K

Paint protection like simoniz glasscoat

Hey I’m curious if anyone’s invested in a paint protectant package from a dealer or other third party on their Mazda. I’ve read a few concerns posted across the internet somewhat criticizing the durability on the paint used on their Mazda. I just got a 2016 CX5 Grand Touring in Titanium Flash...
  16. K

New CX5 2016 owner. MPG & Avg speed question

Hello all. I just picked up a 2016 CX5 Grand Touring last Monday. I am curious how the average speed and MPG is calculated. It never seems to change. Since I picked it up it always says 27 mph for average speed and 24.2 for MPG. I can change the info to display current MPG and that does in...
  17. K

2016 SiriusXM Xtra channels (Ch 300+)

Hello, Since I got my 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring, I was wondering if the SiriusXM radio can receive the Xtra channels. Im on a free trial currently and it seems the channel numbers dont go higher than the upper 200s. Im specifically looking for some of the channels in the 300s range. My old car...
Back