Search results

1. A

WTB Mazda MP3 or MSP wheel center caps

Looking to get a set of racing hart center caps, preferably with the aluminum in nice shape, though the condition of the center emblems isn't important.
  2. A

WTB Looking for Protege5 leather rear headrest

Recently got a set of leather seats, but I'm missing one headrest for the rear seats. If anyone has one, please let me know!
  3. A

FE-ZE with Mazdaspeed Turbo

So, Ive found absolutely no definitive info on this, but I am looking to turbocharge my P5 which has a JDM engine in it, possibly the FS-ZE, though I still have no definitive answer to what engine is in there either. That said, in the case hat my car does have the ZE with 10.4:1 pistons, Im...
  4. A

Want to buy Proteg5 leather seat covers and door panels

Want to buy Proteg5 leather seat covers and door panels As the title says, Im looking to do leather interior in my P5
  5. A

Spare tire subwoofer question

Hey guys, I may be getting the whole spare tire sub setup for my car, and Im wondering about adapting it to my aftermarket head unit. There is wiring for an aftermarket sub in the car thanks to the PO, but no factory pigtail to plug in the sub harness, since my car is an 02. What have other...
  6. A

Vehicle speed output for ABS manual trans

So I was looking through the service manual tonight, and it seems that the speed signal is interpreted by the ABS computer and sent to the gauge cluster directly, as opposed to being run through the PCM, so long as the car is manual trans. If this is correct, that would imply that swapping an...
  7. A

Transmission question

So I broke my trans today while running touge. Lucky for me, I still have my totaled 2003 P5 with a perfectly good (and better maintained over the years) gearbox in it, so Im gonna just swap that one into my 02. Now, I recall reading somewhere there were revisions to the trans for the 03 model...
  8. A

Pesky oil loss

Ive been losing a quart of oil maybe every thousand miles. Ive re-sealed my oil pan which showed signs of leaking, replaced the valve cover gasket and put RTV sin the corners specified by the service manual, but it still loses oil. Where else should I be looking? My previous P5 had more miles on...
  9. A

AC issues

Okay so I know the AC flickering for speeds 2 and 3 is well documented, but my car happens also flicker on speed 4, and I can't seem to find a documented fix for this one. Anyone have experience there? Also, how easy would it be to swap the better AC condenser from a 2003 model into my 02?
  10. A

Airbags

Having seen that Mazda recalled a ton of vehicles, some from the same era as the BJ chassis, Im wondering if anyone knows who manufactured the airbags in our cars? Im kinda curious to see if theres a chance that our cars will be recalled.
  11. A

JDM FS-DE question

Hey guys, my car had a JDM FS-DE swapped in by the PO, and apparently that means it has a different intake cam and higher compression (9.7:1). At that compression, should I be running 87, 89, or 91 octane fuel with a stock USDM FS-DE ECU? Also, my knowledge of cams is limited, so if anyone can...
  12. A

Engine issues

Okay so this all started a couple days ago, after I cleaned up under the hood of the car. I was driving and suddenly started to lose power, and got a Cylinder 2 misfire code. I managed to find a spark jumping from the coil to a bolt, and put in good coils and wires. Unfortunately I still get...
  13. A

Question about ECU and tire size

So Im considering putting the Mazdaspeed wheels and tires on my P5, but Im the type of person to want to have my speedometer and odometer stay accurate. With my Chevy truck, tire size can be programmed in the ECU by a dealer, though Im unsure if thats possible for the P5, and one dealer told me...
  14. A

ABS light comes on above 110MPH

So as the title says, if I get above 110 in my car, my ABS alight comes on, but stays off after I clear the code if I dont get up to that speed. Is this normal in our cars?
  15. A

MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build"

MZDA WLF Proteg5 "build" SO about a month ago, I purchased my Pure White 2003 P5. So far, I've replaced engine mounts, tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS06), oil, and spark plugs. The car has 181k miles at time of this post, and somehow doesn't leak any fluids or show any signs of oil...
  16. A

Catalytic converter question

Okay guys, Im pretty suspicious I have at least one cat going. Now, I live in California, where we care about the environment, so I would like to know which cat is usually suspect, or if I should just do both of them. Trying to stay on top of things in this car so I dont end up destroying it...
  17. A

Sway bar endlink recommendations

Hey all, I just joined the Mazda family a week ago, bought a 2003 Proteg5. It needs rear end links, and I'm not sure if I should just get the Moog ones, or if there's a stronger option, similar to how people use the Escape/Tribute front endlinks. I also am unsure as to which size to get for...
Back